Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mike Farrell on Dylan Raiola (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
First lettuce take a time to laugh at how irrelevant Mike has become

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

1 fucking like on a tweet like this?

1677608667211.png

Here is the part....

1677608710331.png

This is the exact opposite of anybody who has any legit sources.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think Farrell definitely way underestimates our position here. On the other hand, even though we are in a good place, there is a long way to go. It's pretty amazing that Lincoln Riley speaks to Dylan daily on the phone.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
He wants clicks from USC and Georgia fans. Farrell is stupid, but not that stupid.

You think saying that Raiola is favoring Nebraska is going to generate enough clicks for his shitty website?

HockeyHusker

Bench Warmer
I think Farrell definitely way underestimates our position here. On the other hand, even though we are in a good place, there is a long way to go. It's pretty amazing that Lincoln Riley speaks to Dylan daily on the phone.
Agreed, still a long way to go. Objectively speaking, there’s very little reason for him to come to Nebraska other than the emotional aspects (legacy, he’d basically be the anointed one, and maaaaaaybe the fact Donovan is on staff (but they can still visit uncle Don any time they want, so idk if that’s really a huge reason)). Again, objectively USC is the right choice for him if he wants to go highly in the NFL, and Georgia also offers a lesser chance of that, but if he is winning 10+ games per year with his pedigree of a 5-star prospect, he’ll be going highly in the NFL regardless of if Kirby kinda stinks with QBs anyways, plus he’s got the plus of competing for national titles with Georgia.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for him to come to Nebraska and restore some success, and I don’t dispute the reports that he’s N, but realistically it’s the riskiest option for Dylan imo.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

View attachment 20865

Here is the part....

View attachment 20866

Mike Farrell has better sources for the top secret Gravy Recipe at the Old Country Buffet than he does anything remotely related to football.

Last edited:

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member

View attachment 20865

Here is the part....

View attachment 20866

This is great. We want more people thinking he’s going else where so that it’s more impactful when he commits to us. If someone is seen as always just a Nebraska lean then it’s old news when that commitment happens. If he’s “leaning” toward the back to back champion followed by the true blue Hollywood program with the most recent Heisman winner… picking the dark horse is a bigger deal.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Agreed, still a long way to go. Objectively speaking, there’s very little reason for him to come to Nebraska other than the emotional aspects (legacy, he’d basically be the anointed one, and maaaaaaybe the fact Donovan is on staff (but they can still visit uncle Don any time they want, so idk if that’s really a huge reason)). Again, objectively USC is the right choice for him if he wants to go highly in the NFL, and Georgia also offers a lesser chance of that, but if he is winning 10+ games per year with his pedigree of a 5-star prospect, he’ll be going highly in the NFL regardless of if Kirby kinda stinks with QBs anyways, plus he’s got the plus of competing for national titles with Georgia.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for him to come to Nebraska and restore some success, and I don’t dispute the reports that he’s N, but realistically it’s the riskiest option for Dylan imo.
I don’t think it’s as risky as it once was. If the kid’s got talent then recent history with transfers isn’t as bad as it once was. Kyler Murray, Ewers, Justin Fields, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow & probably some more. He could come to Nebraska if that is his dream & if Rhule doesn’t deliver, a coach like Lincoln Riley will easily insert him into a starting spot & he’d still go round 1.

If our training staff is pure shit & he winds up like Fidone then it’s definitely the riskiest move

Edit: I’ll also add Nebraska is the safest bet to getting on the field & staying on it. Dude could come here & get 2 years game experience but schools like tOSU Georgia Bama or Lincoln Riley will always have 4/5 stars that can come or already starting or take ur spot. Hurts/Tua, Justin Fields/Fromm or at least Kirby’s next walk on, & Riley fucked Rattler pretty good who was also an Arizona stud

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds