Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Michigan State Game Week (3 Viewers)

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Well, it’s just ugly in general for CFB. Between the turnovers and poor play on the offensive side, it’s no where near a ‘good’ offense nowadays.
I think it can be both.

Not that pretty in the grand scheme of college football but I don’t feel like Nebraska fans are in any place to criticize a 31-14 win against a B1G opponent in 2023.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
They have to figure out a punt returner who isn't Bullock. Got away with what would have been a catastrophic muff and probably cost a shitty offense 100 yards in field position by being too scared to catch the other punts
At any point in the past 10 years there’s probably been 20 kids on the roster who housed a punt return in high school. Then somehow when they get here either they’re incapable or they become timid and mind-fucked. So infuriating.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Close losses vs. Ugly wins...I'll take Ugly Wins for a 1,000 Alex!

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thanks. Yea I posted something (called them clowns) after a lot of drinking and Sean read it while drinking and doing the post-game and poof. Got banned. Oh well. I was paid for another 9 months so I guess that shortened it up.
Wow, haven't seen you in awhile! Good to see you over on tpb

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
At any point in the past 10 years there’s probably been 20 kids on the roster who housed a punt return in high school. Then somehow when they get here either they’re incapable or they become timid and mind-fucked. So infuriating.
Returning punts in high school is easy. When you catch the ball the nearest guy is at least 10 yards away. College there's at least 2 guys within 2 yards of you and you're standing still while they're running full speed.

Gotta have some serious balls to return punts.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Why does it feel like we're so bad at running the football then?
partly because we run more than other teams.

I'd also like to see a breakdown of the percentage of runs resulting in negative yardage. it feels like we have to be leading in that too

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Returning punts in high school is easy. When you catch the ball the nearest guy is at least 10 yards away. College there's at least 2 guys within 2 yards of you and you're standing still while they're running full speed.

Gotta have some serious balls to return punts.
I distinctly remember blocking people on punt returns. Why does it feel like no one on our punt return team ever lays a block!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds