Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Michigan Game Week Thread (3 Viewers)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Lot of shit talking there using a team that ended up with 77 yards rushing and 7 points. Not sure we're better than Rutgers either.

Rutgers would beat us by a TD or two

Its possible, but Nebraska would've also gone 3-0 with home games vs Temple, Northwestern, and Virginia Tech. You're talking about the worst team in the MAC, the last place team in the Big Ten, and the worst team in the ACC. Prior to last weekends games,

Rutgers now plays Wagner at home this upcoming weekend. They will be 4-1, and just have to find ways to beat Indiana and Michigan State in order to go bowling.

Nebraska will be 2-3, and need to scratch and claw a path just to reach 6 wins. Rutgers couldn't beat two of the worst Nebraska teams from the last 5 seasons. I find it difficult to believe they could beat a Nebraska team with a real defense by a "TD or Two."

Rutgers is like 111th Nationally in Total offense. They do have a much better kicker though.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Its possible, but Nebraska would've also gone 3-0 with home games vs Temple, Northwestern, and Virginia Tech. You're talking about the worst team in the MAC, the last place team in the Big Ten, and the worst team in the ACC. Prior to last weekends games,

Rutgers now plays Wagner at home this upcoming weekend. They will be 4-1, and just have to find ways to beat Indiana and Michigan State in order to go bowling.

Nebraska will be 2-3, and need to scratch and claw a path just to reach 6 wins. Rutgers couldn't beat two of the worst Nebraska teams from the last 5 seasons. I find it difficult to believe they could beat a Nebraska team with a real defense by a "TD or Two."

Rutgers is like 111th Nationally in Total offense. They do have a much better kicker though.
I think it just depends on who Nebraska has at QB and whether we can play a clean game. It’d be hard for Nebraska to beat many teams the way they played the first 2 weeks.

Getting Sims back in at QB and somehow finding a way to have him play a clean game gives you the best shot to win. Things will get pretty dicey with HH at QB starting this week, given his limitations in the passing game.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

Temple hasn’t been in the MAC since 2011

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I could see Fields being a gay cuck.
The Idol Max GIF by HBO

GBR305

Linebacker
Rutgers has better personnel than us at WR and on the OL. I like Anthony Grant more than their best back Sam Brown V but they have a stable of solid backs MUCH better than what we have available right now. Gavin Wimsatt is a better passer than HH/Sims but those two are MUCH better runners. Kirk Ciarrocca is miles ahead of Satterfield as an OC. Michigan destroyed them in pretty short order.

To win, we're gonna need to keep the offense simple for HH. Play action boot passes to Kemp and Fidone. Lots of designed QB runs. HB counter/zone stretch for Grant. The defense has to go out there with their hair on fire ready to hit anything moving. Michigan truly doesn't scare me as much as people think they should.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Rutgers has better personnel than us at WR and on the OL. I like Anthony Grant more than their best back Sam Brown V but they have a stable of solid backs MUCH better than what we have available right now. Gavin Wimsatt is a better passer than HH/Sims but those two are MUCH better runners. Kirk Ciarrocca is miles ahead of Satterfield as an OC. Michigan destroyed them in pretty short order.

To win, we're gonna need to keep the offense simple for HH. Play action boot passes to Kemp and Fidone. Lots of designed QB runs. HB counter/zone stretch for Grant. The defense has to go out there with their hair on fire ready to hit anything moving. Michigan truly doesn't scare me as much as people think they should.
It's the uniform and the #2 next to their name in the polls. They execute well and have talent. They can be beaten.

greybeardedchild

Linebacker
Elite Member

It's the uniform and the #2 next to their name in the polls. They execute well and have talent. They can be beaten.
Bro, have you seen the huskers play? We can't beat their second team.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider

There is zero evidence that Rutgers is anywhere close to Nebraska along the line of scrimmage. That's not true at all. They've lost 16 straight Big Ten games to teams NOT named Indiana, and that includes a dog shit Nebraska team where they could barely get a push.

This current Rutgers team is 112th Nationally in Total offense and that's with a non con schedule that Sagarin ranked the 11th toughest in the Big Ten.

Wimsatt has 4 TDs passing and a 52% completion percentage. In fact, their WRs, while better than Nebraska's, are irrelevant because their offense is still just as one dimensional as Nebraska's.

I will give you the Ciarocca argument though.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
They’re in the American and they’re not actually the worst team there. Good to know you don’t know ball.

I'm aware they are in the American. And they won't be favored again the rest of the season vs. this schedule. South Florida used to suck, but they have turned it around. Temple got worse. They're looking at a 2-10 season:

@ Tulsa
UTSA
@ North Texas
SMU
Navy
@South Florida
@ UAB
Memphis

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds