Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

He is probably one of those kids who matured early - he'll still be 5'8" 150 when he is 18
That's exactly what happened to my cousin's son. 5-7 155 as an 8th grader. He was an absolute stud on the football field in youth football. Played on some traveling teams. TO's grandson Christian was on his team and TO was always at the games. We'd sit with him at the games. TO would rave about my cousin's sons instincts plus athletic ability and said if he kept growing that would have a great chance of college scholarships. Kid placed in the sprints, discus & shot put for the city of Lincoln track meets in 7th & 8th grade. And basically stopped growing after the 8th grade. We don't have a single male in our family gene pool that is under 6-0, except for him. Most are between 6-3 to 6-5. Kid gave up football after his 2nd year of high school because 5-8 165 lbs wasn't getting it done anymore as other players became faster, bigger and stronger.

That's exactly what happened to my cousin's son. 5-7 155 as an 8th grader. He was an absolute stud on the football field in youth football. Played on some traveling teams. TO's grandson Christian was on his team and TO was always at the games. We'd sit with him at the games. TO would rave about my cousin's sons instincts plus athletic ability and said if he kept growing that would have a great chance of college scholarships. Kid placed in the sprints, discus & shot put for the city of Lincoln track meets in 7th & 8th grade. And basically stopped growing after the 8th grade. We don't have a single male in our family gene pool that is under 6-0, except for him. Most are between 6-3 to 6-5. Kid gave up football after his 2nd year of high school because 5-8 165 lbs wasn't getting it done anymore as other players became faster, bigger and stronger.
Yeah middle school is funny. Crazy mix of kids with chest hair and kids who aren't 4'10 yet. My 7th grader is 5'8, 175-180 lbs with no signs of puberty yet. He gets frustrated when some kid with a mustache or a chia pet under his arms shows up to throw shot and just muscles one out there w/ shitty form to beat him. But patience will hopefully pay off for him. We Bootleg's are generally late bloomers.

Yeah middle school is funny. Crazy mix of kids with chest hair and kids who aren't 4'10 yet. My 7th grader is 5'8, 175-180 lbs with no signs of puberty yet. He gets frustrated when some kid with a mustache or a chia pet under his arms shows up to throw shot and just muscles one out there w/ shitty form to beat him. But patience will hopefully pay off for him. We Bootleg's are generally late bloomers.
I'll never forget my 7th grade track season when I'd been beating everyone at the other meets and faced off against a kid with a full mustache. it went exactly as you'd expect

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back