Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

I don't see it being us.

Unless being a legacy changes something, I'm not sure that his offer here would be commitable at this point.

He does seem like a good kid & that he genuinely likes NU, so he might be one to keep an eye on down the road in the portal if he develops.

Unless being a legacy changes something, I'm not sure that his offer here would be commitable at this point.

He does seem like a good kid & that he genuinely likes NU, so he might be one to keep an eye on down the road in the portal if he develops.
According to Dean and Co, it’s between us and Missouri as we are the only ones who have offered.

He only has two offers - us and Missouri - so I guess you're predicting Missouri? We're apparently looking at him for defense, not TE.

According to Dean and Co, it’s between us and Missouri as we are the only ones who have offered.
He only has two offers - us and Missouri - so I guess you're predicting Missouri? We're apparently looking at him for defense, not TE.
If he's being targeted for defense, that probably changes things. I see Greg Smith put in a forecast for us this morning, so I'll go ahead and shut up now.

If he's being targeted for defense, that probably changes things. I see Greg Smith put in a forecast for us this morning, so I'll go ahead and shut up now.
If he wants to play defense then maybe, but the only TE we are focused on now should be Carter Nelson. We have Flynt and will push for Nelson, I don't really see us taking 3 TEs.

OTOH it is totally possible that Nelson ends up playing defense too, so there's that.

If he wants to play defense then maybe, but the only TE we are focused on now should be Carter Nelson. We have Flynt and will push for Nelson, I don't really see us taking 3 TEs.

OTOH it is totally possible that Nelson ends up playing defense too, so there's that.
we also just took a transfer from Wyoming at TE/HBack who has 4 years of eligibility

He is supposedly 6'3" 205 and his Twitter claims a 40" vertical. Is he fast? Maybe we should be looking at him as a WR???

I don't know, but at that size he can't be a DE.... safety maybe? Isn't that a bit tall for a safety??

I don't know. I'm lost.

He is supposedly 6'3" 205 and his Twitter claims a 40" vertical. Is he fast? Maybe we should be looking at him as a WR???

I don't know, but at that size he can't be a DE.... safety maybe? Isn't that a bit tall for a safety??

I don't know. I'm lost.
he runs a 4.5 40

He has played LB at his HS, also found a game he was awarded POG at DB

Rivals and On3 both carry him as an athlete in their databases

I mean I do trust this staff and all but at what point are we just convincing ourselves that some of these guys with like no offers aren't reaches

Doubt they use him on defense; the guy has offense written all over him. He was originally recruited by MJ when he was the head coach.

Smith is listed as an athlete; he is 6-foot-3, around 200 pounds, and lines up as an X, Y, Z, slot, and H-back. As a junior, he caught 46 receptions for 845 yards and 12 touchdowns. He is a good route-runner, has soft hands, and can block.

TE is my guess, but he can be used like Janiran Bonner. He has the size of former Husker Stanley Jean Baptiste so he could also play Cornerback.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back