Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

if we're talking to Avante, it is sure being done quietly

Transfer Portal: Top Available Players (5/27)​

As the pool of available transfer portal players continues to dwindle, here are the Top 5 who are currently available:
4. Avante Dickerson (Oregon)
The skinny: Since last picking up an offer from Wisconsin in early May, Dickerson has been relatively quiet. The offer from the Badgers joined previous offers from Minnesota and Indiana. A few other schools, such as Nebraska, Cockeye, Fresno State and Illinois remain in the picture, but for now Wisconsin is his most likely destination.

Tennessee defensive tackle Da'Jon Terry is one of those players who found himself as an odd-man out. Tater Island's Matt Zenitz reported that Terry entered the transfer portal on Friday afternoon. This is Terry's second time in the portal, as he spent the first two seasons of his career with the Kansas Jayhawks. He appeared in 34 games with the Vols, logging nine starts across his two seasons with the team. Terry became an important rotational piece in 2022, totaling 16 tackles and two sacks. He only has played football for five years and had one year of experience before signing a letter of intent to play at Kansas.

He stands 6-4 and 320 pounds with two seasons of SEC experience at 22 years old. It's hard to imagine that Terry won't have several Power-5 suitors rather quickly, especially with the need for defensive line depth across college football. Terry is a large human that can move well and has proven production at the Power-5 level; that's enough for someone to take a flyer on him and see what happens.

Tennessee defensive tackle Da'Jon Terry is one of those players who found himself as an odd-man out. Tater Island's Matt Zenitz reported that Terry entered the transfer portal on Friday afternoon. This is Terry's second time in the portal, as he spent the first two seasons of his career with the Kansas Jayhawks. He appeared in 34 games with the Vols, logging nine starts across his two seasons with the team. Terry became an important rotational piece in 2022, totaling 16 tackles and two sacks. He only has played football for five years and had one year of experience before signing a letter of intent to play at Kansas.

He stands 6-4 and 320 pounds with two seasons of SEC experience at 22 years old. It's hard to imagine that Terry won't have several Power-5 suitors rather quickly, especially with the need for defensive line depth across college football. Terry is a large human that can move well and has proven production at the Power-5 level; that's enough for someone to take a flyer on him and see what happens.

N

Both 2024 Bellevue West wide receivers Isaiah McMorris and Dae’vonn Hall were also at the Warren Academy event on Saturday. The pair remains undecided in their recruiting process.

The only official visit Hall and McMorris told HuskerOnline they have set is to Nebraska on the June 23 weekend.

However, Hall will camp at Tennessee on June 4, hoping to earn an offer, he said. He also continues to look at Arkansas, Penn State, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.

“At the moment, I have a visit to Tennessee on June 4,” Hall said. “Then I’ve got Nebraska June 23. I’m excited for that, but I’m really excited for Tennesee to see if they will throw me (an offer). I don’t yet, and then if they do that, I’m going to set that (official visit) up as soon as I can.

“I’ve been talking to Penn State, and we are going to set that (visit) up. I’ve been trying to contact Arkansas, so we are going to try to set that up. Texas A&M and Ole Miss – whoever I can fit into June.”

McMorris said he talks to teams like USC, Penn State and Oklahoma, but the Huskers are recruiting him the hardest.

“The Huskers stand at the top of my list,” McMorris said. “I talk to Coach (Matt) Rhule and Coach (Garret McGuire), really the whole coaching staff. I keep in contact with them almost every single day and every week. I really like them a lot. They are one of my top schools for sure.

“They are at the top of who’s recruiting me the most. Penn State, USC, Nebraska and Oklahoma – those are the schools recruiting me the most.”

Greg Smith • InsideNebraska
Senior Recruiting Analyst
@GregSmithRivals

A group of 50 quarterbacks gathered at Bellevue West High School to participate in a quarterback camp put on by the Warren Academy. There were several talented players on hand including Nebraska commit
Danny Kaelin
. Young up and coming quarterbacks 2026 Will Anderson (Bellevue West) and 2027 Braylen Warren (Omaha Westside) stood out at the camp as names to keep track of.

Bellevue West wide receivers
Isaiah McMorris
and
Dae’vonn Hall
were also on hand to help catch passes for the signal callers at the event. Let’s dive into the recruiting updates from Kaelin, McMorris and Hall.

Peer recruiting is Kaelin's focus​

It’s been a whirlwind week for Kaelin. It’s only been a week since he publicly committed to Nebraska. There have been plenty of people reaching out to congratulate him and his social media has exploded. Kaelin also found out this week that he was selected to take part in the Elite 11 series which has been a dream of his.
Helping to put together the best recruiting class possible is his focus now that he is in Nebraska’s class. He was on Nebraska’s campus on Saturday morning before the camp. That's because four-star tight end target
Carter Nelson
was in town.

“Went down because my man Carter Nelson was down there," Kaelin said. "That’s the biggest reason. The staff has given me a bunch of names. I’ve been texting and FaceTiming guys both in-state and out of state. I was down there Thursday and last (offensive analyst) Coach DiMichele told me Carter would be there so I said of course I’ll come down.
“I want to make sure I get as good of a class as possible and help get the right type of guys.”
Some of the out of state players that Kaelin regularly speaks with are teammates running back Nate Frazier and offensive tackle Brandon Baker. He has agreat relationship with offensive lineman Semisi Tonga. Offensive lineman Nuku Mafi and Florida wide receiver Jacory Barney are also key targets. Kaelin loves having a key role in shaping the class.
"It feels awesome to be hones", Kaeln said. "To know that I have a good piece of recruiting those guys. Especially the guys that I know are already interested and I could be an extra piece to help push them over the edge to commit of feel more comfortable. It feels good to know that I can help represent the staff and be an extra hand in that."
Isaiah McMorris (left) and Dae'vonn Hall (right)

Isaiah McMorris (left) and Dae'vonn Hall (right) (Greg Smith/Inside Nebraska)

Hall still setting up visits and learning schools​

It feels like we have been talking about
Hall’s
recruitment for a long time since he started playing for Bellevue West as a freshman. Now that his senior season is just around the corner it’s time to get down to business about picking a school. He wants to get his weight up now that track season is over. He’d love to get to 190 or 195 pounds as he gets back into the routine of doing football work only.

“Right now, I have Nebraska locked in for an official visit on June 23rd,” Hall said. “I’m going to try to get Penn State and Tennessee too. I’m going to go visit Tennessee June 4th and I’m hoping to get an offer from them to set up and official visit. I’m going to talk to Arkansas about setting up an official visit too.”
Hall likes the coaching staff at Tennessee and they had a great season last year. He also likes watching Jaylen Hyatt and is eager to see how he does in the NFL. The receivers coach is someone that Hall thinks he could learn from but he’s wanting to see what Knoxville is like.
Back home at Nebraska, Hall’s relationship has grown with wide receivers coach Garret McGuire.
“It’s been pretty cool. I just talked to coach McGuire a little bit ago,” Hall said. “We got to catch up on things. I haven’t talked to Matt Rhule a lot but I did talk the defensive backs coach (Evan Cooper) and we had a good conversation yesterday. Being connected with them isn’t a really a problem. I can’t wait to get down there soon.”
Hall said that Kaelin has been recruiting him to Nebraska but he’s not ready to commit just yet. He’s glad that Kaelin found the right school for him and thinks it’s a great fit for his quarterback.

McMorris feeling the Husker love​

The speedy wideout hit his goal of cracking 10.6 in the 100m dash this spring. Now as he gets back into football he wants to get better at everything. Perfecting his route running and catching so he can hit the ground running his senior year.
“Right now I’ve finalized Nebraska on June 23rd weekend,” McMorris said. “I’m working on USC, Oklahoma and Penn State. I haven’t finalized those yet but I’m working on it.”

McMorris
doesn’t have a set timeline but he wants to get his commitment done before his senior year. That means he wants to take all his officials before the season starts. The three-star counts his relationship with Nebraska’s Garret McGuire as one of his strongest relationships.

“My relationship with Coach McGuire is really hot. We talk almost every day. We build that communication and bond. He’s the lead recruiter in my recruitment so me and him have a great bond.”
McMorris appreciates that McGuire reaches out every day to let him know that he’s a priority for the Huskers. It makes him feel like the program really wants him to stay home. The coaches aren’t the only ones that want him to stay home.
“As soon as Danny committed, he texted me to stay home. Just him actively recruiting me has been fun because we are always together. He’s a Husker commit so I’m really going to be looking at the Huskers more because my QB is going there.”

For those that remember Grant Brix, I wonder what is happening with his recruitment. He shows only one schedule OV now, Notre Dame on 6/2. In this interview with Cockeye Rivals ten days ago, he said he had 3 scheduled - Nebraska, OU, K St. In this same interview, he essentially says he likes Cockeye, but they said they don't have room for him and they's talk to him again this summer. Wonder if everyone as starting to see him as overrated?

10D AGO FOOTBALL

2024 Four-Star OT Grant Brix - Recruitment Update

Grant Brix is among the top recruits in the state of Cockeye. (Eliot Clough / Rivals)

Eliot Clough • Go Cockeye Awesome
Recruiting Analyst
@eliotclough

"The whole recruitment thing has just been a lot. It's been a whirlwind."

Following three-star offensive tackle William Nolan's commitment two weeks ago, Cockeye's 2024 recruiting class reached its expected limit in offensive linemen. In addition to Nolan, the Cockeyes have gotten commitments from Cody Fox, Josh Janowski, and Bodey McCaslin. That leaves one odd man out -- highly-coveted, in-state, four-star tackle out of Logan-Magnolia High School, Grant Brix. We caught up with Brix following his seventh-place finishin the Cockeye High School State Track and Field 1A shot put.

"Coach (George) Barnett let me know after they all committed," Brix said. "Then he gave me a few weeks to think about it. He didn't exactly say 'We're full,' but that's basically what he meant. 'We're full, and we'll talk about it more after June.' We will kind of regroup and see where things are at."
"I try to not take it personally," he added. "[I'm] trying to keep a clear and level head."
The No. 28 tackle in the country and No. 2 recruit in Cockeye, Brix currently has 23 offers. His June weekends will be packed, as he has already scheduled official visits to Kansas State, Nebraska and Oklahoma.
"When I go to those schools, I get a good feeling from them," he said. "They've recruited me throughout the whole process, especially Kansas State. They were the first ones to offer me. Distance doesn't matter overall."
Prior to the last o-line scholarship being filled, he had plans to take an official visit to Cockeye City, but it doesn't appear as though that will come to fruition. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility, but it's certainly less likely now.

NATL
ST
POS
GRANT
BRIX

UNDECIDED
6'6" | 270 LBS | OT | 2024
LOGAN MAGNOLIA COMMUNITY
LOGAN, IA

He hopes to make his college decision by the time the 2023-2024 school year begins, but he's not in any rush.
"I just need to feel like it's the right place, "Brix said. "I need to be comfortable with it. The whole recruitment thing has just been a lot. It's been a whirlwind. It all started at the beginning of last school year. But after official visits, maybe hopefully I'll have my choice. If I don't get the feeling of it being the right place, then I might go into the fall with my recruitment. If I'm committed in the summer, I probably won't take any more officials."
Ultimately, Brix could still see himself as a Hawkeye, he just doesn't know what the future holds.
"I could still possibly see myself playing for Cockeye," he said. "Only time will tell."

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back