Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

It looks like Utah and Syracuse have both offered Nwosu since we first offered.

I’m not technically savvy by any means and can’t really comment on technique etc, but on film he seems like a really good athlete with a high motor and a nose for the ball. Seems like he fits the mold of what these coaches are looking for as an athletic player they can coach up and develop.

It looks like Utah and Syracuse have both offered Nwosu since we first offered.

I’m not technically savvy by any means and can’t really comment on technique etc, but on film he seems like a really good athlete with a high motor and a nose for the ball. Seems like he fits the mold of what these coaches are looking for as an athletic player they can coach up and develop.
of course, Syracuse runs the same D we do (Utah runs a 4-3, I think)

a thought on this guy - Knighton offered him, Dvoracek is the only other coach following him. He is also an OLB at Magnolia. Wonder if LB is in the back of our mind? 4.4 40.
Recruited as a RB for sure, but you never know if his position is changed if he commits.

RB Hunter Andrews picks up offer from Nebraska, sets official visit​

Bryan Mongo • 05/24/23
2024 RB Hunter Andrews with former Nebraska RB:LB Cody Glenn
2024 RB Hunter Andrews with former Nebraska RB:LB Cody Glenn

The evaluation period is wrapping up, and the offers were still tricking out from Nebraska to recruits. One of those recruits was running back Hunter Andrews from Magnolia (Texas). The 6-foot-2 and 215-pound offensive target set up an official visit to Nebraska after he picked up the offer.

Nebraska offers Hunter Andrews and he sets official visit​

There was an immediate reaction from Andrews after he picked up the offer from Nebraska. The talented running back set up an official visit for Nebraska’s first home game of the season.

“I am very interested in Nebraska,” Andrews said. “I talked with coach Knighton and I set a visit to Nebraska on September 19th for Nebraska’s first home game.”

Busy month of June for Nebraska RB target Hunter Andrews​

There are two official visits set for June, and Hunter Andrews says that he will be setting a third once he settles on a date. He is visiting Nebraska in the fall to see what a game is like in Lincoln.

“I already have a lot of visits set in June,” Andrews said. “I am visiting Northwestern, Stanford, and then Colorado State.

“Northwestern is June 2nd and Stanford is June 23rd. I haven’t decided on the dates yet for Colorado State. I want to visit Nebraska in the fall to get the full game experience.”

Nebraska like Hunter Andrews as a running back in their offense​

Andrews has a big junior year averaging over six yards per carry. Andrews is a guy that gets north to south quickly and has good speed when he hits his top gear.

“Nebraska likes me as a running back,” Andrews said. “I describe myself as a one cut, downhill runner who has size, and speed.”

As a junior, Andrews had 141 rushing attempts for 921 yards averaging 6.5 yards per carry. He averaged 132 yards per game and scored 10 touchdowns last season.

Danny Pasko teammate

June visits set to be critical for 3-star DL Eddie Tuerk​

Chad Simmons•about 1 hour
Article written by: Chad Simmons
ChadSimmons_
Chad Simmons/On3
The plan right now for La Grange (Ill.) Lyons Township three-star defensive lineman Eddie Tuerk is to commit in July or possibly early August ahead of his senior year. To get to the point where he feels comfortable enough to make that decision, June visits are going to be pivotal for Tuerk and his family.
The 6-foot-4, 280-pounder currently has official visits set for Northwestern (June 2), Illinois (June 9) and Miami (June 16). However, an unofficial visit to Nebraska that results in an official at the end of the month also aren’t out of the picture according to Tuerk.
“These visits are going to be huge in helping me gauge where I really want to be,” Tuerk told On3. “As I make this decision in July or if I have to push it a little later into August, I want to take my time in June and really evaluate all of my options. Making sure I’m going to the place that’s best for me and where I’m wanted the most is the biggest thing to me.”
The No. 12 player in Illinois for the 2024 cycle, having the state’s top two schools in his list of officials came naturally to Tuerk. He’s visited both schools more than any others and rates them both highly.
Having a grandpa that played at Northwestern, Tuerk was already very familiar with the Wildcats. He grew up going to games and now as a recruit, he’s been able to see first-hand what the school is all about.
“Between Northwestern and Illinois, even though they’re two highly-ranked academic schools, Northwestern is almost a different league,” said Tuerk, the No. 512 player in the 2024 class. You go there, you’re obviously getting an outstanding degree, because there’s such a focus on academics and making sure you’re on top of it. The cultures between the schools overall are very similar thought.”

Miami and Nebraska also making a push for Tuerk​

Tuerk’s only made solo visits to Miami and Nebraska but still has interest in each school. He visited Nebraska under the Cornhuskers former coaching staff but said he’s recently connected with the newer staff.
That reconnection has him hopeful for a return trip to Lincoln before he makes his final decision.
“I think it’s pretty likely that I’ll make an unofficial there sometime in June,” Tuerk told On3. “My parents are going out and evaluating that because the new staff really seems like they want to get to them, the o-line, d-line coach and Coach (Matt) Rhule. My teammate’s walking on there so I have a connection there and that would just be another stone to add on.”
Nebraska isn’t locked in yet but Tuerk’s ready to head back down south for another trip to Coral Gables.

He said that someone from the Hurricanes coaching staff reaches out almost daily and that they’re not just reaching out to him. Tuerk said his parents hear from the coaches as well and that they’re always there if his parents have a question that needs answered.
“Showing me that while I may over 1,000 miles away, it proves that I’m not going to be just another stat there because of my relationship with the coaches,” Tuerk said. “They spent a lot of quality time making sure none of our time was wasted when we went don’t there for an unofficial visit. They showed us every nook and cranny on campus and made sure the time was well spent.
“Miami’s been been recruiting me since as early as Northwestern and Illinois. They wanted to show me that they can develop me as a lineman.”

Interesting that Brix is no longer visiting ND, was probably ND's decision since he doesn't have anything else lined up at the moment he'd cancel for. I wonder if there is a move to be made there.

Interesting that Brix is no longer visiting ND, was probably ND's decision since he doesn't have anything else lined up at the moment he'd cancel for. I wonder if there is a move to be made there.
It was - they had 3 guys on the line for one remaining spot and he was the guy out of the three that had his OV cancelled.

K St thinks he is going there. I think we have other IOL we like better. We'll see if he gets a Nebraska OV, I am guessing No.

Bad News

Elite offensive tackle Brandon Baker has a new commitment timeline in place​

Keegan Pope•about 2 hours
Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 7.37.16 PM
(On3)
Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star offensive tackle Brandon Baker was originally planning to take his commitment until December, but he’s ready to begin the process of shutting down his recruitment in the next few months.
“Originally I was kind of pushing toward that December timeline and my main concern entering springtime and summer was building relationships with the different colleges. And that’s been tough with everybody. [I’m thinking of shutting my recruitment down] sooner rather than later,” he told On3’s Chad Simmons at the On3 NIL Elite Series presented by Mizuno.
… I wouldn’t say pressure, but it’s a lot to keep up at times with a lot of the people that I do. So I just want to take the time for myself and lock in on the season.”

Baker has two visits already locked in: Ohio State (June 9) and Georgia (June 23). But he’s also looking at potential trips to Oregon, Texas and Florida State before he makes a decision.
“Those would probably be the schools at the moment that kind of have my interest,” he added. “I’m looking into Tennessee and Miami, see how that’s looking. I’m just trying to take it one day at a time — it’s more of a feel thing. I’ve been kind of everywhere on visits already really.”

Bad News

(Tater Island)
Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star offensive tackle Brandon Baker was originally planning to take his commitment until December, but he’s ready to begin the process of shutting down his recruitment in the next few months.
“Originally I was kind of pushing toward that December timeline and my main concern entering springtime and summer was building relationships with the different colleges. And that’s been tough with everybody. [I’m thinking of shutting my recruitment down] sooner rather than later,” he told Tater Island’s Chad Simmons at the Tater Island NIL Elite Series presented by Mizuno.
… I wouldn’t say pressure, but it’s a lot to keep up at times with a lot of the people that I do. So I just want to take the time for myself and lock in on the season.”

Baker has two visits already locked in: Ohio State (June 9) and Georgia (June 23). But he’s also looking at potential trips to Oregon, Texas and Florida State before he makes a decision.
“Those would probably be the schools at the moment that kind of have my interest,” he added. “I’m looking into Tennessee and Miami, see how that’s looking. I’m just trying to take it one day at a time — it’s more of a feel thing. I’ve been kind of everywhere on visits already really.”
c968f110-a0c2-4303-8a91-b98c50755380_text.gif

Bad News

(Tater Island)
“Originally I was kind of pushing toward that December timeline and my main concern entering springtime and summer was building relationships with the different colleges. And that’s been tough with everybody. [I’m thinking of shutting my recruitment down] sooner rather than later,” he told Tater Island’s Chad Simmons at the Tater Island NIL Elite Series presented by Mizuno.

Fl4LK2gWQAEbrNe.jpg

with Ingwerson visiting it seems pretty clear that Nebraska will be building LTs rather than recruiting HS LTs. It makes sense - few of the HS ones have the athletic ability and the body type needed to cope with P5 Edges. Need the TEs and basketball players to get that.

Plus - no bad habits for the coaches to overcome. But it will take a minimum two years to get a guy on the field, I would guess.

with Ingwerson visiting it seems pretty clear that Nebraska will be building LTs rather than recruiting HS LTs. It makes sense - few of the HS ones have the athletic ability and the body type needed to cope with P5 Edges. Need the TEs and basketball players to get that.

Plus - no bad habits for the coaches to overcome. But it will take a minimum two years to get a guy on the field, I would guess.
Didn’t Ingwerson reaffirm his commitment to Pitt? Or am I smoking something…

I tend to agree with this. Looking at a guy like Ian Flynt I would imagine he is going to outgrow the TE spot and turn into a tackle.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back