Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

from Penn St site's assessment of Brix

The next thing that stands outs is Brix’s ability to hit targets on the second level. The caveat here is that Brix is comically more oversized than his competition,

Final assessment

Brix is a borderline tackle prospect for Penn State, pending an investigation into his height and length. His arms don’t look short, and he should hit every threshold Penn State wants in an offensive lineman, but he doesn’t seem to have elite reach. However, his feet and athleticism, when moving forward, hint that he could have tackle feet when given the proper training. Also, the longer you watch Brix, the less you think he’s a true 6-6, so that might also be a hangup on positional placement.

Brix is a tackle in HS - it really sounds like he doesn't project to OT in college, which is likely hurting him

Although the Irish offensive line coaches may have changed, the way they project him hasn’t. According to Brix, Notre Dame sees him as “just offensive lineman.” Rudolph told Brix he would teach him all five positions.

I think our OL recruiting is becoming clearer. Most of the guys we are visibly recruiting are IOL, even those labelled as OT (Echols says he projects to OG or center in college, Pyfrom said Nebraska tells him he could play IOL or OT).

They clearly favor reach and athleticism at OT - as they should. Knaak has a 85" wingspan, which is what you'd expect with someone 7'1", not someone 6'7". He was a successful wrestler.

They also seem to be looking at OTs who haven't put on weight as yet. E.g., Kaeden Massey, who is 6-8, 255 on On.3 and 6-7 270 on 247. He plays basketball and competes T&F in the throws - which demonstrate footwork. I posted an article from Charles Powers about a week ago that says the OTs who are already 300 lbs by age 17 tend to be less athletic. Knaak was 6-6, 260 junior year in HS.

But Massey is the only guy currently with an OV scheduled that fits this mold. Another guy Mongo said we are scheduling is Xander Ruggeroli of Bishop Gorman. He is 6-5 265 in 247, 6-8 265 in On.3. He got his very first offer 14 months ago from Raiola. He is also the center on Gorman's basketball team.

This might be how they view Ingwersen as well - as a TE who could be built into an athletic OT. 6-7 , 235 per 247, 245 per On.3 Ingwerson is also a HS PF/C in basketball.

Another guy we offered who could conceivably fit this type is Charles Anderson, the 6-7 240 Houston-area DL who is a bigtime shot blocking center in AAU basketball. But he has only played football a short time, and has never been an OL.

Last edited:
On.3 is saying Gatlin Bair says his OV isn’t scheduled but he’s looking at 9/30. The michigan game will be when we invite top targets and try to close with the game day experience I am guessing. Notice Kaelin said he has been talking to Tonga who is coming that day. Kaelin also said his list includes the Mater Dei guys.

Last edited:
@Jim14510 will shit in his pants if we don't take Arop
this thought experiment - looking for an underlying pattern - has been fun. I went from thinking it seemed like we really were far behind on OT prospects and hoping for a Baker Miracle, to we have a lot of OT prospects that are right in my face - they just aren't being focused on by the local media.

@Jim14510 will shit in his pants if we don't take Arop
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

Greg Smith • InsideNebraska
Senior Recruiting Analyst
@GregSmithRivals

A group of 50 quarterbacks gathered at Bellevue West High School to participate in a quarterback camp put on by the Warren Academy. There were several talented players on hand including Nebraska commit
Danny Kaelin
. Young up and coming quarterbacks 2026 Will Anderson (Bellevue West) and 2027 Braylen Warren (Omaha Westside) stood out at the camp as names to keep track of.

Bellevue West wide receivers
Isaiah McMorris
and
Dae’vonn Hall
were also on hand to help catch passes for the signal callers at the event. Let’s dive into the recruiting updates from Kaelin, McMorris and Hall.

Peer recruiting is Kaelin's focus​

It’s been a whirlwind week for Kaelin. It’s only been a week since he publicly committed to Nebraska. There have been plenty of people reaching out to congratulate him and his social media has exploded. Kaelin also found out this week that he was selected to take part in the Elite 11 series which has been a dream of his.
Helping to put together the best recruiting class possible is his focus now that he is in Nebraska’s class. He was on Nebraska’s campus on Saturday morning before the camp. That's because four-star tight end target
Carter Nelson
was in town.

“Went down because my man Carter Nelson was down there," Kaelin said. "That’s the biggest reason. The staff has given me a bunch of names. I’ve been texting and FaceTiming guys both in-state and out of state. I was down there Thursday and last (offensive analyst) Coach DiMichele told me Carter would be there so I said of course I’ll come down.
“I want to make sure I get as good of a class as possible and help get the right type of guys.”
Some of the out of state players that Kaelin regularly speaks with are teammates running back Nate Frazier and offensive tackle Brandon Baker. He has agreat relationship with offensive lineman Semisi Tonga. Offensive lineman Nuku Mafi and Florida wide receiver Jacory Barney are also key targets. Kaelin loves having a key role in shaping the class.
"It feels awesome to be hones", Kaeln said. "To know that I have a good piece of recruiting those guys. Especially the guys that I know are already interested and I could be an extra piece to help push them over the edge to commit of feel more comfortable. It feels good to know that I can help represent the staff and be an extra hand in that."
Isaiah McMorris (left) and Dae'vonn Hall (right)'vonn Hall (right)

Isaiah McMorris (left) and Dae'vonn Hall (right) (Greg Smith/Inside Nebraska)

Hall still setting up visits and learning schools​

It feels like we have been talking about
Hall’s
recruitment for a long time since he started playing for Bellevue West as a freshman. Now that his senior season is just around the corner it’s time to get down to business about picking a school. He wants to get his weight up now that track season is over. He’d love to get to 190 or 195 pounds as he gets back into the routine of doing football work only.

“Right now, I have Nebraska locked in for an official visit on June 23rd,” Hall said. “I’m going to try to get Penn State and Tennessee too. I’m going to go visit Tennessee June 4th and I’m hoping to get an offer from them to set up and official visit. I’m going to talk to Arkansas about setting up an official visit too.”
Hall likes the coaching staff at Tennessee and they had a great season last year. He also likes watching Jaylen Hyatt and is eager to see how he does in the NFL. The receivers coach is someone that Hall thinks he could learn from but he’s wanting to see what Knoxville is like.
Back home at Nebraska, Hall’s relationship has grown with wide receivers coach Garret McGuire.
“It’s been pretty cool. I just talked to coach McGuire a little bit ago,” Hall said. “We got to catch up on things. I haven’t talked to Matt Rhule a lot but I did talk the defensive backs coach (Evan Cooper) and we had a good conversation yesterday. Being connected with them isn’t a really a problem. I can’t wait to get down there soon.”
Hall said that Kaelin has been recruiting him to Nebraska but he’s not ready to commit just yet. He’s glad that Kaelin found the right school for him and thinks it’s a great fit for his quarterback.

McMorris feeling the Husker love​

The speedy wideout hit his goal of cracking 10.6 in the 100m dash this spring. Now as he gets back into football he wants to get better at everything. Perfecting his route running and catching so he can hit the ground running his senior year.
“Right now I’ve finalized Nebraska on June 23rd weekend,” McMorris said. “I’m working on USC, Oklahoma and Penn State. I haven’t finalized those yet but I’m working on it.”

McMorris
doesn’t have a set timeline but he wants to get his commitment done before his senior year. That means he wants to take all his officials before the season starts. The three-star counts his relationship with Nebraska’s Garret McGuire as one of his strongest relationships.

“My relationship with Coach McGuire is really hot. We talk almost every day. We build that communication and bond. He’s the lead recruiter in my recruitment so me and him have a great bond.”
McMorris appreciates that McGuire reaches out every day to let him know that he’s a priority for the Huskers. It makes him feel like the program really wants him to stay home. The coaches aren’t the only ones that want him to stay home.
“As soon as Danny committed, he texted me to stay home. Just him actively recruiting me has been fun because we are always together. He’s a Husker commit so I’m really going to be looking at the Huskers more because my QB is going there.”

Another guy we offered who could conceivably fit this type is Charles Anderson, the 6-7 240 Houston-area DL who is a bigtime shot blocking center in AAU basketball. But he has only played football a short time, and has never been an OL.
Anderson was also a TE at Pearland Dawson. We seem to be really interested in players with this profile, regardless of stars

Schaefer CB

Mike SchaeferSTAFF
Posted on 17 mins, V I P, User Since 146 months ago, User Post Count: 50521

As the official visit season is really about to begin for Nebraska in a week, it felt right to finally pull the trigger on a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction that I’ve been close to making for awhile, but will now finally put into the system.
I like the Huskers chances with Caleb Pyfrom. The Omaha Central offensive lineman is set up to visit Nebraska at the beginning of the month. He’s still got trips to Illinois and Minnesota, but there hasn’t been a lot written about Pyfrom and either of those teams and it feels more like options to consider if he doesn’t get the feel he wants in Lincoln.
However it’s worth remembering that Pyfrom has been to Lincoln a lot since Matt Rhule has taken over. Whereas this recruitment was sitting in a very different place last December, Pyfrom has now been to campus multiple times including for practices and the Red-White game, where he was able to spend time watching the coaches and absorbing what it could all be like.
The beautiful thing about in-state recruiting is Pyfrom’s first weekend official visit wouldn’t have to be his only trip. The lineman could visit Illinois and Minnesota and choose to be back in Lincoln later in the month or even pop in before those visits.
Throw in Nebraska’s desire to keep adding along the line and that Pyfrom can play right tackle or interior, it makes him an important target and one that the staff seems intent on keeping home.
Here’s a couple other 247Sports Crystal Ball thoughts:
— I’m almost there for Mario Buford. There’s just too much that screams Nebraska here for me, but I do want to learn more about what’s going on with Oregon and the Texas defender. That being said I think Will Turboff has a strong read here and I’m about to tail it.
— Another one I’m close on is Carter Nelson. That time with Daniel Kaelin over the weekend isn’t insignificant and I continue to believe Nebraska is where the Ainsworth tight end will ultimately choose to play. I’ve never felt certain he’d leave for the SEC, so I’ve always watched Notre Dame fairly close, but I just like his relationship with Rhule and this staff.
— Also wanting to keep an eye on Jacory Barney Jr., over the weekend. There’s other visits set up, but he’s getting it from Willis McGahee IV, Dwight Bootle and others. There could be a mini-Miami movement going on in this class.

Schaefer CB

Mike SchaeferSTAFF
Posted on 17 mins, V I P, User Since 146 months ago, User Post Count: 50521

As the official visit season is really about to begin for Nebraska in a week, it felt right to finally pull the trigger on a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction that I’ve been close to making for awhile, but will now finally put into the system.
I like the Huskers chances with Caleb Pyfrom. The Omaha Central offensive lineman is set up to visit Nebraska at the beginning of the month. He’s still got trips to Illinois and Minnesota, but there hasn’t been a lot written about Pyfrom and either of those teams and it feels more like options to consider if he doesn’t get the feel he wants in Lincoln.
However it’s worth remembering that Pyfrom has been to Lincoln a lot since Matt Rhule has taken over. Whereas this recruitment was sitting in a very different place last December, Pyfrom has now been to campus multiple times including for practices and the Red-White game, where he was able to spend time watching the coaches and absorbing what it could all be like.
The beautiful thing about in-state recruiting is Pyfrom’s first weekend official visit wouldn’t have to be his only trip. The lineman could visit Illinois and Minnesota and choose to be back in Lincoln later in the month or even pop in before those visits.
Throw in Nebraska’s desire to keep adding along the line and that Pyfrom can play right tackle or interior, it makes him an important target and one that the staff seems intent on keeping home.
Here’s a couple other 247Sports Crystal Ball thoughts:
— I’m almost there for Mario Buford. There’s just too much that screams Nebraska here for me, but I do want to learn more about what’s going on with Oregon and the Texas defender. That being said I think Will Turboff has a strong read here and I’m about to tail it.
— Another one I’m close on is Carter Nelson. That time with Daniel Kaelin over the weekend isn’t insignificant and I continue to believe Nebraska is where the Ainsworth tight end will ultimately choose to play. I’ve never felt certain he’d leave for the SEC, so I’ve always watched Notre Dame fairly close, but I just like his relationship with Rhule and this staff.
— Also wanting to keep an eye on Jacory Barney Jr., over the weekend. There’s other visits set up, but he’s getting it from Willis McGahee IV, Dwight Bootle and others. There could be a mini-Miami movement going on in this class.
The turnaround on Pyform, McMorris, and Nelson is p incredible

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back