Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

IN HIS OWN WORDS...​

Saunders on the latest happenings in his recruitment:
"Cockeye and Miami just offered me this week," Saunders said. "The schools I've probably been talking to the most are Clemson, Kentucky, Nebraska, Miami and then Michigan and a couple of others."
On recent visits:
"I saw Clemson and Georgia in the spring," Saunders said. "Then I also saw Nebraska and Kentucky in the spring, but that is about it."
On what stood out during his spring visits:
"With Clemson, I mean I just love spending time with coach (Garrett) Riley because he just got there and I was able to learn more about their offense. Clemson is just an awesome place, I love everything about Clemson. They probably have as strong of an argument as any school does for "QB U." With
Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson and coach (Tajh) Boyd who is still on staff. Boyd is a great dude and I love talking to him."

"With Kentucky, it was good to meet with coach (Liam) Coen," Saunders said. "I've built a great relationship with him."

"Then with Nebraska, the whole coaching staff is just super cool," Saunders said. "I love everything about Nebraska, we will just have to see how it goes."

On upcoming visit plans:
"I'll be going to Clemson on June 1," Saunders said. "Then I think I am going to Miami and Oregon. Then with the others - I just haven't figured out all of the summer visits yet."
On a commitment timeline:
"I mean, I'd love to get it done before season," Saunders said. "But, if it's not there and I just don't have that feeling yet, then I'm just going to play it through and see what happens after the season. I could drop a top schools list at some point. You know, whenever I know my top schools and then just see how it plays out from there."

The Darrnell Rogers in Lincoln is a SS/OLB from Cypress, TX, not the RB from Florida

My guess is that he is here for the camp

The Darrnell Rogers in Lincoln is a SS/OLB from Cypress, TX, not the RB from Florida

My guess is that he is here for the camp
Fixed, thanks.

Dekaney is class 6a in Texas - that is the largest class. Nwosu is not rated by any of the services - 247, On.3, Rivals. Nwosu holds 15 offers, but "Nebraska became the first Power Five team to make an offer to the 6-foot-2, 240-pound defender. Nwosu was a wrecking ball as a junior with 88 tackles, 36 tackles for a loss, 17 sacks and five fumbles forced".

How does it happen a guy like this isn't getting noticed?

Last edited:
Dekaney is class 6a in Texas - that is the largest class. Nwosu is not rated by any of the services - 247, On.3, Rivals. Nwosu holds 15 offers, but Nebraska became the first Power Five team to make an offer to the 6-foot-2, 240-pound defender. Nwosu was a wrecking ball as a junior with 88 tackles, 36 tackles for a loss, 17 sacks and five fumbles forced.

He also has an offer from Harvard - his twitter profile shows a 4.5 GPA

Dekaney is class 6a in Texas - that is the largest class. Nwosu is not rated by any of the services - 247, On.3, Rivals. Nwosu holds 15 offers, but "Nebraska became the first Power Five team to make an offer to the 6-foot-2, 240-pound defender. Nwosu was a wrecking ball as a junior with 88 tackles, 36 tackles for a loss, 17 sacks and five fumbles forced".

Largest classification in Texas. 17 sacks….something doesn’t make sense

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back