Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Maryland Game Week (1 Viewer)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
This is a pretty good angle. It does feel like we got jobbed on the whole td catch thing, but we would also be pissed off if M State had received 0 penalties and we had 60 or 70 yds or whatever. Nobody is talking about how we got no penaltys.

To be fair, Nebraska is one of the least pentalized teams in the league, and Michigan State is one of the most pentalized teams in the country.

What's really crazy about Nebraska's penalties is the bulk of them have come pre snap.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
That crew Satur
Big10 officiating (at least the crew that has effected us this yr) seems to take the approach of anything close isn’t being overturned by review unless it’s completely obvious
I thought the TD in the Minny game was pretty obvious
I’m still not sure about the Mich st catch but Rhule indicated the league told him that was “no catch”
I don't think we have ever won a game they were in charge. They are terrible and it is always not in Nebraska's favor.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I know fines happen when you call out officiating, but that's bullshit. B1G NCAA football brings in too much money where bad officiating can make or break a game. It's really not hard where a conference can have an official reffing seminars that all the crews can be on the same damn page.

Missed calls happen all the time, but reviews should be all the same standard.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yes, but I think Dean Blandino failed to acknowledge how cool the referee must have felt to pause dramatically for 2 seconds before drawing a huge cheer from the crowd while saying the word, "Stands." It was his Frank Drebbin/Enrico Pallazzo moment.

Excited Naked Gun GIF by Laff

^This.

I’ve never seen the dramatics that the referee had on display. Completely unprofessional. Not to mention they got the call wrong.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Can’t believe we’ve been starting 12 guys all year long and our offense is still this bad.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Against Maryland, the Huskers’ top kick returners listed are Josh Fleeks and walk-on Trevin Luben
I’m glad Rhule has finally fallen in line with one of Nebraska’s longest and most cherished traditions of starting a white walk-on back as the “blocking” kick returner. The spirit of Wyatt Mazour, Brody Belt, Zach Weinmaster, etc, lives on.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds