Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Maryland Game Week (3 Viewers)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Do refs usually do that? Seemed like he was really placating to the home crowd there and knew it was a controversial call.

Not to mention the Sparty Interim HC begging on the sideline for it to stand.

That's why I'm giving serious credence to the fact their may have been some sort of bias involved with that subjective decision. Refs don't do stuff like that, ever.

Husker825

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I still don't see how that benefits him in any way. If he wants to transfer he'd be better off playing.

Maybe he just doesn't want to play football anymore.
I swear that I read somewhere that he absolutely loves being a backup. Essentially all of the perks of being a starter with none of the pain.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's why I'm giving serious credence to the fact their may have been some sort of bias involved with that subjective decision. Refs don't do stuff like that, ever.
My feeling at the time was that the refs felt bad about that possession where they called like 6 penalties in a row in MSU and they were trying to even it out for the rest of the game.

I do believe the refs try to do makeup calls. If it had been 0 penalties each, I actually think the refs might have overturned that TD catch.

Last edited:

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
My feeling at the time was that the refs felt bad about that possession where they called like) penalties in a row in MSU and they were trying to even it out for the rest of the game.

I do believe the refs try to do makeup calls. If it had been 0 penalties each, I actually think the refs might have overturned that TD catch.
The refs were practically trying to give us a TD at the end of the first and we still could only manage a field goal. We make that TD, and the Michigan St non-TD happens we still win the game 21-20.

greybeardedchild

Cornerback
Elite Member
My feeling at the time was that the refs felt bad about that possession where they called like 6 penalties in a row in MSU and they were trying to even it out for the rest of the game.

This is a pretty good angle. It does feel like we got jobbed on the whole td catch thing, but we would also be pissed off if M State had received 0 penalties and we had 60 or 70 yds or whatever. Nobody is talking about how we got no penaltys.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is a pretty good angle. It does feel like we got jobbed on the whole td catch thing, but we would also be pissed off if M State had received 0 penalties and we had 60 or 70 yds or whatever. Nobody is talking about how we got no penaltys.
We did have 2 penalties, but they were declined.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds