Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
OGC.e8bdfef0a1e94b6a5f25babea7cfad91
As a practical matter, this will be the biggest one if a lot of these guys end up signing and it will be remembered as a bust if very few sign up. It will take time. Hell, based on the timeline Raiola gave to Wiltfong yesterday, he won't be announcing his commitment until late July, so there is a long way to go.

Raiola timeline

Georgia Tech, then Georgia, week of 3/18 (GaTech has a new OC who was Georgia's QB coach the last 3 years)
Nebraska 3/25
Oregon Spring game in April
Visit to USC at some point in conjunction with one of his trips to 3DQB for training.
Multiple Official Visits
Attending camps at his finalists to see how the staffs coach.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
As a practical matter, this will be the biggest one if a lot of these guys end up signing and it will be remembered as a bust if very few sign up. It will take time. Hell, based on the timeline Raiola gave to Wiltfong yesterday, he won't be announcing his commitment until late July, so there is a long way to go.

Raiola timeline

Georgia Tech, then Georgia, week of 3/18 (GaTech has a new OC who was Georgia's QB coach the last 3 years)
Nebraska 3/25
Oregon Spring game in April
Visit to USC at some point in conjunction with one of his trips to 3DQB for training.
Multiple Official Visits
Attending camps at his finalists to see how the staffs coach.
True when it comes down to it it's just a Junior Day and these recruits have a lot of other visits lined up. We have seen this before in the Riley era with Junior Days they were able to bring in a lot of talent but never were able to close the deal with them. So, it's right to be cautious and not drink too much of the Rhule-Aid.

One thing I think we need to be careful of is that the narrative seems to be right now is that a big part of why all these high-level recruits are coming is that Raiola is coming and is peer recruiting them and I'm sure that is true for some. But I think that is a disservice to the coaches and all the work they have done to put these visits together. If it wasn't for them Raiola likely wouldn't be visiting at all.

Some have gotten it into are heads that this class is Raiola or Bust. We have some very good coaches now that are good recruiters, and we are still going to get high-level recruits and have a good recruiting class no matter if we get Raiola or not. Would getting Raiola make that easier, of course it would.

Rhule doesn't seem like the kind of coach that's going to let a whole recruiting class hinge on getting one player or not I'm sure he has a plan B, C, D, and so forth.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
One thing I think we need to be careful of is that the narrative seems to be right now is that a big part of why all these high-level recruits are coming is that Raiola is coming and is peer recruiting them and I'm sure that is true for some. But I think that is a disservice to the coaches and all the work they have done to put these visits together. If it wasn't for them Raiola likely wouldn't be visiting at all.

Some have gotten it into are heads that this class is Raiola or Bust. We have some very good coaches now that are good recruiters, and we are still going to get high-level recruits and have a good recruiting class no matter if we get Raiola or not. Would getting Raiola make that easier, of course it would.

Rhule doesn't seem like the kind of coach that's going to let a whole recruiting class hinge on getting one player or not I'm sure he has a plan B, C, D, and so forth.
I think these are very good points and I agree completely.

TBH, re Raiola, it really doesn't matter if Raiola is peer-recruiting right now (of course, if he was committed, you'd want him to). Just the fact he is interested is a plus because it makes people realize there is something to be interested in here.

Personally, I think the plan B is the 2025 kid from Pennsylvania. Rhule would have had to think it was already late in the day for top 15 2024 QBs when he was hired.

I think people shouldn't expect a commitment from Raiola 3/25. Most guys wait for an OV to commit. I'm actually afraid there may be some negative blowback if he doesn't commit, even though he seems to be saying now that he doesn't plan to commit for 4+ months.

SOHusker11

Safety
Elite Member
Yes, I bet he had a great time watching us stick our foot up the ass of their B-Ball team and everyone was reminded about how a few short months ago we did it to the FBall team too....

What in the hell is that supposed to be. Ugly as shit.

Looks like something from a cheap assed high school prom.

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member
The thing I keep coming back to is why would he want to play in the offense Rhule has been describing? Run the ball, qb run, fullback, etc. He seems like a better prospect for USC's offense than Neb. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him here, but don't think it makes sense for him.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What in the hell is that supposed to be. Ugly as shit.

Looks like something from a cheap assed high school prom.
in Cockeye's defense KKKirk & Co were sued for $4 million for Racial Issues so probably having to cut some corners these days

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The thing I keep coming back to is why would he want to play in the offense Rhule has been describing? Run the ball, qb run, fullback, etc. He seems like a better prospect for USC's offense than Neb. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him here, but don't think it makes sense for him.
We ain’t committing to RTDB non stop if he’s coming here, I promise you that. These coaches understand a foreign concept around here (or at least seem to) called balance and using what you have to their strengths

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
We ain’t committing to RTDB non stop if he’s coming here, I promise you that. These coaches understand a foreign concept around here (or at least seem to) called balance and using what you have to their strengths
This- Rhule is smart enough to see that the OL was SHIT at pass pro last year. The best avenue for success in the short term is to run. That doesn’t mean that he wants to overwhelmingly run long term. He sees the writing on the wall, and Dylan gives him better options in the future than the current team can provide.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
1. This is the first I've heard of Rhule utilizing a QB run-heavy offense. Most of what I've read is that he prefers a pro-style offense. He installed the spread at Baylor because that's what best fit their personnel. IMO his willingness to make that change at Baylor is further evidence that if we land the #1 QB recruit in the country/world/history, we're gonna throw the ball a lot. Rhule doesn't waste talent.

2. When modern coaches talk about being an overall run-heavy offense, they're not talking about the days when Tommie Frazier would chuck it 15 times a game. When Rhule says he wants to be a team that runs the ball, he's still talking about a roughly 60-40 pass/run split. We're gonna throw the ball plenty.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
If we are being honest if his last name wasn’t Raiola we would all think his process is annoying as fuck
While I think you are right, we all would be very annoyed and nearly ready to move on. That being said, that doesn't mean that we are right. I don't think Raiola has done anything to be really annoying or acted like a prima donna. We have made a lot of assumptions based off of insider information that makes us believe he is not playing around.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If we are being honest if his last name wasn’t Raiola we would all think his process is annoying as fuck
Probably so. At least until someone a bit more rational comes in and reminds us that this is literally how 90% of recruits do it these days and we are just noticing it with him since he's the top QB in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds