Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Luke McCaffrey / Wandale Situation info (2 Viewers)

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
And given the fact that he already knows the offense, from the QB perspective, and our WR room is wide open, he has the perfect opportunity to make the switch.

This is an excellent point. Hadn't thought about that aspect of the WR room.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I’m higher on LM at QB than a lot of you guys. I don’t think the separation between AM and LM is as big as perceived when you take their entire skill set into consideration (LM is a much better runner).

That being said, Ed is a pretty smart guy and I would assume he understands that Luke will never be an NFL QB. What Luke can be, however, is an NFL WR or maybe RB.

The kicker here is that he’s running out of time to change positions. He’s at a pretty critical juncture in his career where he is either going to make the decision that gets him to the NFL and makes him millions of dollars, or he is going to make the decision that dooms his playing career.

All of us at least think we know what the best decision is. Let’s hope Luke and Ed come to the same conclusion.
Just to expand on this, I don’t know if staying at QB would “doom” his career at NU if he chooses to stay. I meant in terms of making money in the NFL.

I would still not be surprised to see him turn into a productive college QB. He has a lot of the tools. The arm strength is ok, contrary to popular opinion. He just needs to get his long ball under control. That can be fixed.

What I meant by “dooming his career” is that Luke could hypothetically stay at QB and become a Heisman candidate and STILL not be drafted as a QB because of his play style.

What I was trying to say is that his safest path to the NFL is at another position. Assuming the league is his ultimate goal.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
More RSS claiming Luke is gone. Sip says otherwise. Anyone with update info on that?

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
board upgrade killed my post, but was just saying thanks to G and also hope frost does indeed have the “big dick energy” back. Dude needs his mojo.

Also, if whoever is feeding G this info truly is an “insider” and has good info, this eliminates the need for RSS at all. Not that the info there was great, but this means we can get 10x the info here than Gerrod L will let Dean share. If you were on the fence about canceling, now is the time.

From someone who has canceled, I don’t regret it as I now don’t get pissed reading dumb posts. I do miss the interaction with some people though.
Given how they treated Lee over there I’m out as well. Complete fucking dipshits and I’ve actually known Sean since college. He’s obviously doing quite well for himself, but the board and news over there is a joke.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Given how they treated Lee over there I’m out as well. Complete fucking dipshits and I’ve actually known Sean since college. He’s obviously doing quite well for himself, but the board and news over there is a joke.
Sean is lazy. There’s no doubt in my mind. That site never reports dick. It’s always other scrollers piggy backing off other reports from other sites.

247 is much better at news than rivals and it’s not even close. But Ive been thinking about posting a rant as my final post over there but not sure if it’s a good idea.

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
Sean is lazy. There’s no doubt in my mind. That site never reports dick. It’s always other scrollers piggy backing off other reports from other sites.

247 is much better at news than rivals and it’s not even close. But Ive been thinking about posting a rant as my final post over there but not sure if it’s a good idea.
Yeah I’ve been thinking of doing the same. I started a thread with Lee’s final thoughts and it got zapped in a minute. Then posted it in the chat, which is still there. Like I said, the whole thing has become a total joke the past few years.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Yeah I’ve been thinking of doing the same. I started a thread with Lee’s final thoughts and it got zapped in a minute. Then posted it in the chat, which is still there. Like I said, the whole thing has become a total joke the past few years.
What all did you say in the chat?

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
What all did you say in the chat?
He could probably post it here, but here you go...
Memoir of an Outbound Scroller

By @lee_carvallo_12

Dearest Brothers, Sisters and Wanderers of this Celestial Plane Known as The Red Sea Scrolls (RRS) -

The reports of my demise on these scrolls ARE NOT greatly exaggerated. After 15 (or so) years on these hallowed scrolls, my time has come to an end. I was recently issued a three-month hiatus to the SHU, or Chile, or Dean’s Basement, or what have you, and much like Juan-Dell, I have made the decision to find another Husker message board that will still allow me to achieve my dreams and goals.

I distinctly recall working at my first big boy job in Houston, sitting in my small office and perusing these scrolls. That was 2006. How much we have aged, how little we have grown.

I have enjoyed riding out the highs, but mostly lows with y’all scrollers. You do not take bad new or losing well, but addicts need addicts and that is what we are. Fanatical addicts with mostly unreasonable expectations that our beloved program will dumb its way back to glory. But at least we were all in it together. A dysfunctional support group with woefully underqualified counselors. Does it make any of us feel better about the current and ongoing sad state of affairs? No. Does it make us better people? Also, no, but we had each other.

I will miss these dysfunctional message board friendships I have forged with many of you the most. But, and this won’t make any sense to most here, I will miss the antagonistic relationships with many scrollers even more.

Indulge me by taking a look at this:

"You’re an awful poster, I’m amazed you haven’t been sent to Chile. This is like Hilary v Sandusky... nobody wins. Literally anyone else was better." - @nwj03a

And this:

“yore a circus act. a phony. ya might be a Husker fan, i'll give ya that much...yore a message board star, with a circle of crones (some of them yourself), with an agenda to belittle everyone, including the team you proclaim to love...you think yore better than everyone...you play to the masses (lemmings) on here to get yucks. i imagine you've done that yore whole life...you were the guy in grade school who got yuks & popularity from the dumbasses by makin smart remarks about the unpopular, the nerds, the different, the shy, the afflicted, the poor...

if you worked solo you prolly couldnt survive. you need yore buddies to support you...you post seldom anymore cos i'm in yore head & afraid of what to say...you provide no value to this board despite what you think, & ne'er have...

you don't discuss Husker sports like the better posters on here do; whom you troll and belittle....now, what say ye?”
- @uncle-gus

That’s the good stuff. That’s what kept me motivated to pack my lunch pail and head out the door every morning. I’ll take interactions like the two above any day on these Scrolls than a thousand likes, or pats on the back.

With that, I bid y’all a last adieu. Long live these hallowed scrolls and always, Go Big Red.

@lee_carvallo_12 – Signing off for the final time.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member

By @lee_carvallo_12

Dearest Brothers, Sisters and Wanderers of this Celestial Plane Known as The Red Sea Scrolls (RRS) -

The reports of my demise on these scrolls ARE NOT greatly exaggerated. After 15 (or so) years on these hallowed scrolls, my time has come to an end. I was recently issued a three-month hiatus to the SHU, or Chile, or Dean’s Basement, or what have you, and much like Juan-Dell, I have made the decision to find another Husker message board that will still allow me to achieve my dreams and goals.

I distinctly recall working at my first big boy job in Houston, sitting in my small office and perusing these scrolls. That was 2006. How much we have aged, how little we have grown.

I have enjoyed riding out the highs, but mostly lows with y’all scrollers. You do not take bad new or losing well, but addicts need addicts and that is what we are. Fanatical addicts with mostly unreasonable expectations that our beloved program will dumb its way back to glory. But at least we were all in it together. A dysfunctional support group with woefully underqualified counselors. Does it make any of us feel better about the current and ongoing sad state of affairs? No. Does it make us better people? Also, no, but we had each other.

I will miss these dysfunctional message board friendships I have forged with many of you the most. But, and this won’t make any sense to most here, I will miss the antagonistic relationships with many scrollers even more.

"You’re an awful poster, I’m amazed you haven’t been sent to Chile. This is like Hilary v Sandusky... nobody wins. Literally anyone else was better." - @nwj03a

And this:

“yore a circus act. a phony. ya might be a Husker fan, i'll give ya that much...yore a message board star, with a circle of crones (some of them yourself), with an agenda to belittle everyone, including the team you proclaim to love...you think yore better than everyone...you play to the masses (lemmings) on here to get yucks. i imagine you've done that yore whole life...you were the guy in grade school who got yuks & popularity from the dumbasses by makin smart remarks about the unpopular, the nerds, the different, the shy, the afflicted, the poor...

if you worked solo you prolly couldnt survive. you need yore buddies to support you...you post seldom anymore cos i'm in yore head & afraid of what to say...you provide no value to this board despite what you think, & ne'er have...

you don't discuss Husker sports like the better posters on here do; whom you troll and belittle....now, what say ye?”
- @uncle-gus

That’s the good stuff. That’s what kept me motivated to pack my lunch pail and head out the door every morning. I’ll take interactions like the two above any day on these Scrolls than a thousand likes, or pats on the back.

With that, I bid y’all a last adieu. Long live these hallowed scrolls and always, Go Big Red.

Did Lee post that through your account? That's pretty cool.

It just drives me nuts how lazy they are and how they act like their job is so tough. And some of the threads and still be great, but everyone acts like they have a source and it seems to be about who can be the biggest attention hore!

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
Did Lee post that through your account? That's pretty cool.

It just drives me nuts how lazy they are and how they act like their job is so tough. And some of the threads and still be great, but everyone acts like they have a source and it seems to be about who can be the biggest attention hore!
He sent it to me and I posted on his behalf. Amazed it wasn’t deleted after they zapped it in under a minute as it’s own thread.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

I honestly can’t remember any info that RSS broke - it pretty much has to be twitter official for them to report and the idea that Tunnel Talk needs to stay on the site is a joke because it’s just a compilation of public info more or less.

plus, for a guy with a super easy/enjoyable job, Sean sure does get huffy in a hurry. Does not take much at all to get him very defensive.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

By @lee_carvallo_12

And this:

- @uncle-gus

I don’t remember uncle-Gus. Nwj03a...not surprising.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

Who are you on RSS? I can't keep track of who is who when you use infamous former posters' names :(

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds