Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Luke McCaffrey / Wandale Situation info (1 Viewer)

Toe

Wide Receiver
Scott more or less told Wandale’s camp when they were in his office to fuck themselves. A lot of big dick energy from Frost lately. The part of that story where Wandale’s dad and his trainer came in and basically told Scott “this is how you’ll use Wandale or else” is true. Scott said “This is how we want to use him. This is why we haven’t been able to. We’re confident we can do this in 2021, if that doesn’t satisfy you, the door is over there.”

I don't know if I'd call that big dick energy, that's just stating the obvious, lol. 🤷‍♂️

Seriously, losing him sucks, but given that there was obviously a ton of external pressure on Wandale to leave, I don't think there's much more Frost could have done. (Besides having one of the young RBs ready as a backup so they didn't have to play Wandale there and finding a deep threat at WR so that defenses couldn't crowd the line and key on Wandale so easily, of course...)

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Callahan just locked the RSS @GloryHoleDude thread on Luke leaving on the basis that, as of this morning, North Stadium is not worried about this and him leaving isn't on the radar. Interesting. I feel like when there is this kind of smoke, it usually ends up leading to something, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time our boy Sean prematurely said "all is well."

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Callahan just locked the RSS @GloryHoleDude thread on Luke leaving on the basis that, as of this morning, North Stadium is not worried about this and him leaving isn't on the radar. Interesting. I feel like when there is this kind of smoke, it usually ends up leading to something, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time our boy Sean prematurely said "all is well."
He will reopen it after someone posts a tweet from a year or so ago

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That gives me the confidence of a 9 year old girl going down a pitch black alley at 2 am.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Definitely sounds like something Gerrod L would instruct him to say.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Well
Northern Colorados spring semester has already started. Full semester add date is tomorrow.
If he’s transferring spring semester, something would need to be announced soon if he’s going to northern Colorado
I still think he’s probably gone
But who knows

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I’m higher on LM at QB than a lot of you guys. I don’t think the separation between AM and LM is as big as perceived when you take their entire skill set into consideration (LM is a much better runner).

That being said, Ed is a pretty smart guy and I would assume he understands that Luke will never be an NFL QB. What Luke can be, however, is an NFL WR or maybe RB.

The kicker here is that he’s running out of time to change positions. He’s at a pretty critical juncture in his career where he is either going to make the decision that gets him to the NFL and makes him millions of dollars, or he is going to make the decision that dooms his playing career.

All of us at least think we know what the best decision is. Let’s hope Luke and Ed come to the same conclusion.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The kicker here is that he’s running out of time to change positions. He’s at a pretty critical juncture in his career where he is either going to make the decision that gets him to the NFL and makes him millions of dollars, or he is going to make the decision that dooms his playing career.
I don't think that's as big of deal as you. It maybe sets him back a year in the NFL if he stays at qb through college.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I’m higher on LM at QB than a lot of you guys. I don’t think the separation between AM and LM is as big as perceived when you take their entire skill set into consideration (LM is a much better runner).

That being said, Ed is a pretty smart guy and I would assume he understands that Luke will never be an NFL QB. What Luke can be, however, is an NFL WR or maybe RB.

All of us at least think we know what the best decision is. Let’s hope Luke and Ed come to the same conclusion.
And given the fact that he already knows the offense, from the QB perspective, and our WR room is wide open, he has the perfect opportunity to make the switch.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
You miss Wyldtard? I am gonna miss him when my sub runs out. Amazing that he didn’t make the Tatermore Tourney..

Wildcard.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds