Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

LeBron becomes the all team leading scorer

Do Lakers fans consider him an "all time Laker"?

I think the way stars move around now coupled with load management stuff really keeps casual sports fans like myself away.

I heard yesterday on the radio that the World Series does better ratings than the NBA Finals. But with ESPN so invested in the NBA you'd never guess that.

I think the way stars move around now coupled with load management stuff really keeps casual sports fans like myself away.

I heard yesterday on the radio that the World Series does better ratings than the NBA Finals. But with ESPN so invested in the NBA you'd never guess that.
I don’t consider him a Laker at all

It's like passing yards by modern quarterbacks - rules have been changed to inflate the numbers. You have to multiply it by like .75 to accurately compare it to players from the previous generation.
Last few years probably a 15% haircut or so, but league scoring and pace for the bulk of Lebron's career is less and slower than it was in the mid 70s through the end of Kareem's career.

You're right that the league has a big fucking problem with load management. Primetime games are fucking duds because guys are resting.

The NBA gets some outsized play because the audience skews young vs. baseball where the audience skews old.

Jordan is very lucky to have Magic, Bird, and Isiah Thomas all end their careers early.
Paola Bracho Gasp GIF by MOODMAN

From the age of 6 or 7 to 25ish I watched nba games as much as I could. I have not watched more than 10 games in the last 8 years.

With that said, lebron is a bitch. Happy for him though, that many points is accomplishment for sure. His ability to stay healthy and have the longevity he has is great for him. His ability to develop his shot from when he first started is quite a feat as well.

It's like passing yards by modern quarterbacks - rules have been changed to inflate the numbers. You have to multiply it by like .75 to accurately compare it to players from the previous generation.
Is that why he did it in 150 less games & nearly 500 less shot attempts than Kareem? You don't have to like him, just relax on the goal post moving for a day or two 🤣

goal-post-moving.gif

Last few years probably a 15% haircut or so, but league scoring and pace for the bulk of Lebron's career is less and slower than it was in the mid 70s through the end of Kareem's career.
Facts are rarely responded to here if you haven't noticed

I agree its a different era. That still doesn't mean its not an accomplishment. The fact that he has stayed mostly healthy throughout his career to put up this type of number is an accomplishement. Not many players will be able to duplicate this which makes it an accomplishment. No more no less.

Is that why he did it in 150 less games & nearly 500 less shot attempts than Kareem? You don't have to like him, just relax on the goal post moving for a day or two 🤣

goal-post-moving.gif
This is literally backing up the point I made. It's easier to score more points nowadays because the rules favor scorers... for example, LeBron hasn't had to deal with a single hand check since his rookie year.

I agree its a different era. That still doesn't mean its not an accomplishment. The fact that he has stayed mostly healthy throughout his career to put up this type of number is an accomplishement. Not many players will be able to duplicate this which makes it an accomplishment. No more no less.
He's probably a top 10 player. Scoring-wise, on par with someone like Dominique Wilkins. I can acknowledge he's really good while still saying the total points record is basically a farce.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back