Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

LeBron becomes the all team leading scorer (4 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Last few years probably a 15% haircut or so, but league scoring and pace for the bulk of Lebron's career is less and slower than it was in the mid 70s through the end of Kareem's career.
Early in Kareem's career during the ABA era, it was also more wide open for a several year period. It's why he's been at the top of the charts for so long. But before that, during the later part of his career, and through the early 2000s, most players had to deal with being guarded.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Early in Kareem's career during the ABA era, it was also more wide open for a several year period. It's why he's been at the top of the charts for so long. But before that, during the later part of his career, and through the early 2000s, most players had to deal with being guarded.
Lol k

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
You may be shocked to learn about the three point shot.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My friend and I were laughing backing and forth how they stopped the game and needed a 15 minute presentation. First, that is ridiculous and not needed at all. Second, you couldn't wait 10 seconds until the quarter was over at least?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was dying too. Also how awesome would it have been if after that whole thing fuckin Kareem Abdul Jabar came out in uniform and got the record right back. Would have been the greatest sports moment of all time 😂

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is literally backing up the point I made. It's easier to score more points nowadays because the rules favor scorers... for example, LeBron hasn't had to deal with a single hand check since his rookie year.

He's probably a top 10 player. Scoring-wise, on par with someone like Dominique Wilkins. I can acknowledge he's really good while still saying the total points record is basically a farce.

We are in an era of the NBA where way more fouls are called. Both LeBron and Kareem have very similar FT%. LeBron has attempted 10,915 and Kareem attempted 9,304.

Keeping stats the same:

LeBron - 8,048 made FT's
Kareem - 6,861 made FT's (using LeBron's made %)

That's a difference of 1,187 points over their careers, just as a result of the fact that there are more FT's attempted now than when Kareem played.

That doesn't even account for 3 Pointers...

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
We are in an era of the NBA where way more fouls are called. Both LeBron and Kareem have very similar FT%. LeBron has attempted 10,915 and Kareem attempted 9,304.

Keeping stats the same:

LeBron - 8,048 made FT's
Kareem - 6,861 made FT's (using LeBron's made %)

That's a difference of 1,187 points over their careers, just as a result of the fact that there are more FT's attempted now than when Kareem played.

That doesn't even account for 3 Pointers...
By what metric? Fouls per game aren't up vs Kareem's era (they're down). FTA per 100 possessions is a bit more mixed but still has the 70s/80s generally higher than the 2003 to present.

I don't really understand the point of this exercise though because 1. Obviously basketball has changed, 2. Kareem would have never shot bulk 3s in any era, and 3. LeBron is still going to tack on another 4-5k if he stays healthy. So yeah sure maybe all this shit led to LeBron passing Kareem early but he probably would anyways and that is also just how sports records tend to go. Offense outpaces defense because schemes across almost all sports are just better than they were for offenses.

But I get it he's #NotYourScoringLeader

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is literally backing up the point I made. It's easier to score more points nowadays because the rules favor scorers... for example, LeBron hasn't had to deal with a single hand check since his rookie year.

He's probably a top 10 player. Scoring-wise, on par with someone like Dominique Wilkins. I can acknowledge he's really good while still saying the total points record is basically a farce.
If Lebron played in the 70's and 80's he probably breaks the record sooner.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well I would hope so, he would have been playing for 50 years or so by now
I said he'd get there quicker so your joke doesn't even work.

Boom Pound It GIF by TipsyElves.com

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds