Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

KSU & Utah (1 Viewer)

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know if we will ever win championships again but our resources and fan support make us different than a lot of shit programs. We should be way better than what we are.
It’s an understandable statement to make that we won’t win championships again. I assume this to mean Nattys. I disagree from the perspective of I think we can eventually win another, but that should not be our goal right now.

We simply need to get the foundation right and build a highly disciplined, mentally tough team that knows how to execute its playbook and plays within a system. Team before self.

If we get that right and get into a pattern of wining and playing in conference championships, then winning them, we can compete for Nattys.

Let’s just not put the cart before the horse.

I do not buy that recruiting to DONU is a major liability. It may require extra effort or some creative approaches, but to date we have had some pretty good classes if you look at overall ratings. Our issue has been retention and development. What fascinates me are the business parallels. Bad leadership? Poor development and retention of top talent. You end up keeping your “B and C” players or those fiercely loyal.

Last edited:

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
That’s not the talent we need. We need sustainable success and that doesn’t come from the portal.

Programs we should be looking to copy are Utah, Kstate, Cockeye, Wisconsin etc. The issue is Nebraska doesn’t have the patience for that and we are stuck in this limbo where we think we are above those programs so we never accept the rebuild process.

The people who matter in and around this program have to let Rhule do this his way. I have doubts he’ll be able to do it but we have to see it through for the long haul.
In the portal era, year 0/year 1 it’s totally different. Deion is going to be an interesting case study on how fast you can flip a roster.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
It’s an understandable statement to make that we won’t win championships again. I assume this to mean Nattys. I disagree from the perspective of I think we can eventually win another, but that should not be our goal right now.

We simply need to get the foundation right and build a highly disciplined, mentally tough that knows how to execute its playbook and plays within a system. Team before self.

If we get that right and get into a pattern of wining and playing in conference championships, then winning them, we can compete for Nattys.

I do not but that recruiting to DONU is a major liability. It may require extra effort or some creative approaches, but to date we have had some pretty good classes if you look at overall ratings. Our issue has been retention and development. What fascinates me are the business parallels. Bad leadership? Poor development and retention of top talent. You end up keeping your “B and C” players or those fiercely loyal.

Yep, recruiting problems at NU are very overblown. Nebraska massively outperforms its geography in terms of recruiting. Since 05 we have averaged recruiting success on the level of PSU, UCLA, and your upper-middle tier SEC programs.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

We simply need to get the foundation right and build a highly disciplined, mentally tough that knows how to execute its playbook and plays within a system. Team before self.

I do not but that recruiting to DONU is a major liability. It may require extra effort or some creative approaches, but to date we have had some pretty good classes if you look at overall ratings. Our issue has been retention and development. What fascinates me are the business parallels. Bad leadership? Poor development and retention of top talent. You end up keeping your “B and C” players or those fiercely loyal.
I agree that’s why I was in the coach Prime camp. Rhule’s way of recruiting hasn’t proved to win national championships in today’s college football. You have to be above a 4 star average to win it.

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree that’s why I was in the coach Prime camp. Rhule’s way of recruiting hasn’t proved to win national championships in today’s college football. You have to be above a 4 star average to win it.
Nor has Prime’s. Prime has barely proven he’s a good recruiter, much less a program builder. I think Prime is a flash in the pan, but I could well be wrong and he may surround himself with exceptional coordinators and give them reign of the respective sides of the ball.

For NU, Alberts had specific criteria that he as looking for and they all made perfect sense given what he experienced as a player v. what he watched for the past few years. I don’t think this means he is a tradition coalition wonk, but rather he he understands the underpinning of what makes a good program. Look no further than OSU, Bama and Georgia who have nearly cult like / or brainwashing cultures where you are part of a program/system, not there for individual accolades. Yes, they get 5* recruits but because the win. They ‘wash out’ players who don’t fit. In contrast, look at aTm, who is a star studded team and can barely seem to put their pants on in the morning.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nor has Prime’s. Prime has barely proven he’s a good recruiter, much less a program builder. I think Prime is a flash in the pan, but I could well be wrong and he may surround himself with exceptional coordinators and give them reign of the respective sides of the ball.

For NU, Alberts had specific criteria that he as looking for and they all made perfect sense given what he experienced as a player v. what he watched for the past few years. I don’t think this means he is a tradition coalition wonk, but rather he he understands the underpinning of what makes a good program. Look no further than OSU, Bama and Georgia who have nearly cult like / or brainwashing cultures where you are part of a program/system, not there for individual accolades. Yes, they get 5* recruits but because the win. They ‘wash out’ players who don’t fit. In contrast, look at aTm, who is a star studded team and can barely seem to put their pants on in the morning.
A$M could flip over night if Jimbo would get a good OC. Prime will recruit well. Don’t kid yourself. We will see how he develops talent.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Big XII currently 1-5 in bowl games.

maybe KSU and TCU stacking wins isn’t as impressive

I guess we find out tomorrow tho

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds