Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? +FSU, ISU, Pitt, OU & KSU (1 Viewer)

FLORIDA STATE

- Chubba Purdy may be yet another kid who realizes the portal doesn’t always pay off.
  • We the exception of Weinke, we haven’t had much success with QBs outside of the southeast
  • Ponder is from Texas which technically isn’t the SE, but close enough
  • Ponder is a legacy so geography isn’t that important.
  • We have also failed with transfers too under the old system
  • Rumor is Purdy wanted to come back here
  • I would tell him to pound sand
  • Quit the team midseason like a spoiled brat he’s not behavior you ever want to reward
  • I think we would be better with him then without him

Cockeye STATE

• HyVee’s weirdest business decision yet?
  • Hy-Vee tapped a 'Bachelor' producer for a new dating show that will air on its Helpful Smiles TV streaming network
  • Yeah, this will fall flat. But this begs the question, how many people have actually married someone that they met in a grocery store?
  • Well, it will end in the meat department with the man asking, “you want some sausage?”
  • Could Otz be the end of Hoiberg's coaching career?
  • People at Nebraska are going to ask what took Hoiberg so long at Nebraska when Otzelberger could turn Cockeye State around in less than one season.
  • Cockeye State has a legacy of winning basketball. A better comparison to Nebraska basketball is old Cockeye State football and the time it took Campbell to build a program.
  • It took Campbell one year
  • i would suggest that neb bball isn't paying enough. it only takes 4 good players
  • This is probably not a popular opinion but when I look back on the talent that Hoiberg and Prohm had, they completely underachieved.
  • Hoiberg is doing a phenomenal coaching job at Nebraska. That program is so bad they should never expect anything more than sometimes beating Cockeye.
  • Fred is running his coaching career into the ground all by himself. Otz has nothing to do with it.
  • I'd imagine Fred will get the off season chat with Turd (i.e. if you want to save you dignity, let's reshape your contract).
  • We all know that Nebraska is a traditionally poor at basketball but they have done all that they can to set up their coach for success... New arena, top of the line facilities and top ten in the country in (paid) attendance. They thought they had the last piece of the puzzle when they hired Hoiberg.
  • I think Fred made a mistake hitching his wagon to Abdelmassah. That guy gives me the wrong vibes.
  • Can we all just admit that Fred isn't a very good x's and o's basketball coach?
  • Love Hoiberg for everything he's done for ISU.... but he's is SO overrated as a basketball coach.
  • The Hoiball legacy is over. Why are some of you still obsessed with him six years later?
  • My feeling is, and this could be totally wrong, Fred just lost a lot of passion for coaching.
  • As bad as they are, they still get 15k fans every night. No one seems to care that they are losing
  • The excuse of Nebraska being a historically bad program needs to stop. Bad programs continue to be bad in basketball because 1. Facilities suck, 2. Terrible attendance, 3. The school won’t spend money to hire a good coach. These things aren’t issues.
  • He won't get it done at Nebraska, that's blatantly obvious.
  • Mcdoormat had tighter reigns on the program than Fred or Prohm
  • Fred may have class and smarts - but he sure doesn't demand effort. Either too scared to, or doesn't think it's necessary.
  • Nebraska should have never fired miles
  • That's the part that kills me. Nebraska wasn't that bad under Miles. I'm pretty sure they made the tournament under him.
  • Miles was mediocre overall, but he did make a tournament and a few NITs.
  • Miles wasn't a smashing success, but they were at least competitive. Really no reason for Fred to be doing as poorly as he has.
  • Fred tanking them so spectacularly is honestly perplexing.
  • Don't forget about the Nebraska Football-Pickle Smoochers Basketball hybrids out there!
  • AKA Jayskers
  • I went to a game in Omaha, probably around 91. The guy taking parking money said to me, we kicked your ass in football. I replied, I didn't know Pickle Smoochers had a football team.
  • There is no way Hoiberg is as bad as what he's showing at Nebraska. For some reason that school just sucks at basketball.
  • His Nebraska teams haven't just been bad. They've been epically bad. Karma is a *****.
  • nothing wrong about Husker fan support for basketball. If you give them hope, they sell out. That was a darn good crowd tonight for such a sh*t team.
  • Their fan support is great. It’s shockingly high. Their facilities are now really good.
  • Fred was great for Cockeye State as a player and a coach. He loves Cockeye State. Who cares if does or doesn't have success at Knowledge U?
  • Fred doesn't have the drive anymore. Not the first guy that hits 50 with millions in the bank and likes the idea of working better than actually working.
  • I loved the Hoiberg Era and style of play, but Hoiball only works if you've got a hard-ass like Melvin Ejim or DeAndre Kane that demands effort and accountability. Because Fred isn't demanding anything from anyone.
  • Nebraska is a bad fit for Fred. Fred is at his best when he has high end offensive talent.
  • Fred returned to Ames at the right time. McDermott left town ahead of the posse to Pickle Smoochers. Cockeye State was evidently less desirable than Pickle Smoochers HC job.
  • Or more accurately, getting fired is less desirable than Pickle Smoochers HC job. McD saw the writing on the wall and got out of Dodge just before the posse came rolling in.
  • Bring Hoiberg back to coach the offense and we win a natty guaranteed.
  • He hasn't had a top 150 offense since he got to Nebraska. They're worse than us right now by a long way. No thanks.
  • I'm aware Nebraska sucks... probably has to do with lack of talent. But Fred is a brilliant offensive mind, this is not debatable
  • Chubba Purdy enters transfer portal
  • With the class that Brock and family have shown, I would welcome Chubba to the QB room without hesitation.
  • Should we pursue him?
  • Not unless he comfortable riding pine.
  • Chubba already told K-State no
  • Chubba to Nebby.
  • wow that is suicide
  • WTF just go get him
  • i think you take him if he wants to come
  • Can we just stop with Purdy is our solution. Moving on.
  • Fan excitement here in Omaha is pretty meh.
  • Hasn't it died by this time?
  • They're just a little Frosty ;)
  • I thought he was going to Pitt? I actually had an interaction with him at the TCU game. Seems like a really nice kid.
  • That Pitt coach who was recruiting him is OC at Nebraska now.
  • He’s a better QB than what Nebraska have been throwing out there lately
  • Best of luck to Chubba. Too bad it's the Nebby dumpster fire he's looking to. Those fans are not nearly as forgiving if the turnaround is a bumpy ride.
  • I hope Purdy does go to Nebraska and beats Cockeye
  • Nebraska's good QBs have tended to be running backs that lined up behind center and took the snap.
  • Then Chubba will fit in.
  • Nebraska also picked up Trey Palmer. Former 5 star transfer from LSU.
  • Would make me sick to have a Purdy go to a school as low as nebraska.
  • If Chubby is good enough for Oklahoma, why is he not good enough for Cockeye State?
  • The fuskers would be a train wreck
  • Commits to Nebby...
  • Good luck to him....he's gonna need it.
  • wait didn't they just sign jesus christ at QB 2 days ago (texas qb)?? now they have scott christ?
  • I would have just stayed at FSU
  • I hope it works out for him, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Nebby is a train wreck.
  • Good luck to the young man. I hope he earns playing time and early on. Any brother of our dedicated, high character, record-breaking quarterback has my backing, Nebr or not.

PITTSBURGH

• Purdy to Nebraska
  • Whipple visited him while still employed by Pitt and offered him to come to Nebraska with him.
  • I reported this when it happened as I had very reliable source of info, and everyone here laughed at it. Eat it b!tches!!
  • We got the better QB in Slovis. That’s what matters the most.
  • Oh yeah a visit to Lincoln NE did it! LOL ... have you ever been to this cow town? I have and it is just north of hell!
  • Hopefully Nebraska will reimburse us for the in home visit while Whip was still employed here
  • Will Purdy get a NIL on one of those wrist instruments that counts your steps? Running to the sideline after every play?
  • He also visited Pitt after the home visit from Whipple. Pitt wanted Slovis more and got him
  • NE wasn't Chubba's first choice.
  • No one from Pitt knew Whipple was going on that inhome visit.
  • Bitch move by Whipple.
  • Ironically ........ Whip was not offered a contract in part because he did not recruit well!
  • I wasn't a Whipple fan. Pickett was average his entire career until this year.
  • Whip deserves credit for developing Pickett but it took 5 years to produce 1 season.
  • I expect Nebraska to be really bad next year, Frost to be fired, and Whipple to laugh himself to the bank with his retirement gift.
  • Pickett deserved credit for his development .
  • And so does Whipple. And they can both thank COVID for giving them that Pickett 5th year.
  • I actually thought his qb guy from NJ helped him a lot too.
  • Yep! Which is why I credit himself for seeking out the outside coaching to improve his skills
  • I always say player development is like 80%-90% on the player and 10%-20% on the coach
  • I thought it was the Manning Brothers, who were responsible for the vast improvement in Pickett’s Skills, after he worked at their Passing Camp.
  • Had we not picked up Slovis this message board would be in melt down mode right now demanding investigations into Whipple.
  • Which would have been silly for an average at best qb
  • I think one of the biggest things Whipple did (which I really believe all good play callers probably do) is find out what plays Kenny felt comfortable and called them.
  • I really would have liked to land Purdy along with Slovis.
  • Slovis is more of a solid, high floor immediate option.
  • Purdy would have been the high ceiling long term option.
  • It only took whipple five years to figure out what plays Kenny liked I guess.
  • Purdy goes to Nebraska. On this it seems pretty clear that Pitt could be able to hold Whipple accountable for theft of funds
  • Whipple wouldn't be the first coach to do this at Pitt and I'd guess it's happened elsewhere. Chryst was doing this pretty openly with a couple of kids.
  • Yeah, like I said, totally wasnt Purdy's fault. It is 100% on Whipple. Just saying Whipple is unethical, that is all.
  • Purdy is a good QB, I wont crap on him, and certainly isnt his fault.
  • As for is Whipple actually a good coach. Pickett himself has credited Whipple the most for his improvement, so I would have to agree with the man himself.
  • Purdy's tape did not impress me one bit. And neither have the last 20 years of Nebraska football.
  • Why would Purdy come here to sit behind Slovis? He wants a chance to compete for a starting job.
  • He went to Nebraska, who just took a more polished and experienced transfer QB.
  • Purdy is in a nice spot because he doesn’t have to win the job. Here almost makes more sense since Thompson is a junior and Slovis a senior.
  • Add in the fact that Wipp’s offense takes time to get implemented, which makes it a high probability that Frost will be fired. Purdy might be in the portal again next year lol
  • half the people out there in the world are below average, Whipple is just one of them

LSU

• Say Goodbye to the Wide Receiver DIVAS
  • Maybe they need to realize that they aren’t bigger than the program.
  • Palmer - wasn't cutting it and left to go with his WR coach
  • I came in this thread thinking that we had a WR on the team with the last name “Divas”
  • Palmer just couldn't hold on to the ball.
  • You people that make these kinda comments are just stupid!! Most of our transfers made the right choice for them!!

OKLAHOMA

• Purdy in town
  • Is he supposed to be Purdy good?
  • His brother had a Purdy good career at Cockeye State.
  • I think it would be fitting for Purdy to throw for 400+ and 5 TDs against Cockeye St.
  • Also, he's a 100% lock because Oklahoma named a town after his last name.
  • Does he have the major Choke gene like his brother in crunch time?
  • yeah...if he comes to Oklahoma...let's hope he doesn't have a persistent case of "the yips" like his bro did.
  • Is there a reason why this kid didn’t see the field for a horrible FSU team?
  • We offered a couple days ago and he is already in Norman
  • Purdy’s ok, but my pick of the transfer QBs would be Dart if we could get him.
  • God bless young Chubba, and may he have success wherever he may land, but yikes!! I was wondering the same thing about his time with the Semenholes. Chronic shoulder injuries? Rehab? This would be the equivalent of buying a car you know had been in a flood.
  • Yeah I don’t know why we would offer this guy, other than depth. Can’t see him in the 2-deep.
  • And who TF names their kid ‘Chubba’ ??
  • Reminds me of the sidekick monkey on Land of the Lost.
  • Purdy goes to Nebbish. See ya Chubba.....
  • I wonder how Charles and Casey are taking this news?
  • Chubba Purdy transfers to Nebraska
  • guess he is going to duke it out with casey thompson....should be a good qb battle
  • Since Purdy is more or less a work in progress, Nebraska can bring him along slowly with Casy Thompson as the starter.
  • Good situation for him and Nebraska.
  • Good for Nebraska.
  • We should be aiming higher. Just my $00.02.
  • OU is aiming higher. Hope they reel Dart in soon.
  • Casey Thompson transfers to Nebraska...
  • Happy for him...out to a fresh start. Wish him the best. See him in Sept.
  • Good choice for him. Ironic that the son of OU legend Charles Thompson will have attended HIS Sooner's two biggest rivals (UT and NU).
  • He learned quickly how Texas ruined the Big 12 and ran off Nebraska.
KANSAS STATE

• I feel like getting AM was a big move that’ll help this program, biggest fear is him getting injured.
  • AM on average carried the ball 125 times a season, and that was while not even playing full seasons, if they cut back on AM needing to carry the ball, that could reduce his chances of being injured.
  • AM was NU leading rusher 3 of the 4 years he was there. That's a lot of hits on your QB.
  • He has been injured every year since a junior in high school, including the first game of his freshman season at NU. He may be a little fragile.
  • He’s been injured but he played 11/12 games last season. And 10 out of 12 in 2019. Just have to hope the shoulder injury heals up correctly.
  • I am looking at some of the NU records Mr Martinez holds. The young man is a premiere athlete.
  • This is going to be the tough part for the offensive coaches and game planning because AM is an elite athlete, especially with his legs, but I am not sure he is better than an average thrower??
  • Couldn't be happier with Martinez, finally I can have some hope for 2022 season, go cats!

INDIANA

• Nebraska/OSU postpone
  • COVID within Nebraska’s program. Let’s hope IU wasn’t exposed on Monday
  • That's got to piss off the Buckeyes. A sure conference win bites the dust. (What a shame...lol)
  • They’re exposed every day at school.
  • Thank goodness there was little physical contact in our game with them.
  • I doubt if Nebraska cares
  • For those asking about the sportcoat & T-shirt look at Nebraska
  • Well it looks like Fife and his brethren are "Suited Up," despite the gym shoes. Gonna give Woodson the benefit of the doubt here and say that, yes, we won because he too was suited up. Students! Suit Up Thursday.
  • That is a suit with a t-shirt.
  • Nebraska Re Watch
  • Great team win
  • Coach TV: Mike Woodson's complete postgame Q&A after Indiana's 78-71 Big Ten road win at Nebraska
  • Doesn’t Indiana allow the opposing coaches to utilize the same interview room the home team has? It seems that is not the case when IU is on the road.
  • I’m still mad at the officials
  • You could tell in the first half that someone was going to get hurt.
  • Not shocked it was Trayce with how aggressive (boarder line dirty) Nebraska plays.
  • Yeah, they were bad.
  • Definitely. They were terrible.
  • And still there were ones that weren’t. It was a rough game. They called touch fouls but let overly physical play go, some of which would be considered rough on a football field.
  • First jump ball I have seen where the defender never touch the ball. The started a scrum.
  • Nebraska player dunks while pulling himself up and hanging on the rim screaming. No call really.
  • 10 years ago they probably call that tech on Nebraska.
  • Those refs had ZERO control over this game and I hope someone puts salt in their coffee before they leave their hotel tomorrow! Boo!!!
  • Let’s just call it what it is…those officials let the arena dictate how they called things.
  • They allow T McGowens to try to instigate an altercation by letting him try to grab the ball out of X’s hands while he’s on the ground and the ball being dead for 2 seconds.
  • They allow Andre to try to injure X by holding onto his foot as he’s coming down from a shot.
  • They simply did not want to step in and get control of the Nebraska players because they were afraid of the Nebraska crowd.
  • That play by McGowans was textbook Flagrant 2.
  • The officiating was horrible last night and the tv announcers were as equally bad being so annoyingly pro-Nebraska the whole broadcast.
  • I’d be contacting Kevin Warren this morning and I’d want to know exactly what the consequences are for that officiating crew.
  • They were bad and the game got dangerous. The guy who obviously intentionally elbowed Galloway in the mouth would have been ejected.
  • Lost total respect for Hoiberg and how he had his team play

Cockeye

• Several of our competitors are really upgrading their rosters via the portal. Us, not so much.
  • I'm only half-joking when I say that I'm not sure KF has even heard of the portal yet...
  • QB tranfers coming to Nebraska
  • Florida State transfer QB Cubba Purdy (Cockeye State's QB brother) and Texas QB Casey Thompson appear to be in the tranfer portal coming to NU.
  • Coach Whipple, OC and QB coach has a past relationaship with both. Thompson, the Texas transfer signed paperwork today.
  • Wonder when they release the national championship contenders for the off season? Neb has to be close to winning that again.
  • UT fans were not disappointed when Thompson entered the portal. Never considered an elite talent and had a very mediocre career as the Longhorn signal caller.
  • Will be interesting to see if the Smothers kid who started against us will stay or transfer.
  • Guessing Phil Parker is very excited to play against another Purdy.
  • Chubba Purdy is a project, needs to be developed
  • LSU 5* wideout also enrolled at NU today.
  • Two portal guys going to Nebraska? That seems odd.
  • 7 in a row.
  • Great! But did they get anyone that can coach?
  • That may get them the coveted 4th win.
  • What is the importance of other teams adapting to modern day strategy more than us?
  • Curious how Neb has at least 90 players on scholarship so far. Are they excluded from the 85 rule since they can’t count?
  • The Fuskers have been getting these kinda of skill guys for a while and haven't done shit.Until they get elite trench guys I'm not concerned.
  • Purdy is destined to be the most clutch player ever in the state of Nebraska
  • It literally doesn't matter how many "great" players or athletes Nebby gets until they get a coach to develop players and "coach" these players, they will struggle to win.
  • Frost isn't half the coach they think he is. He can't get 4star and 5star talent to play to their abilities and beat lowly teams consistently.
  • Mining the Portal for malcontents, firing assistants, the last desperate acts of a man facing a firing squad.

NORTHWESTERN

• Nebraska transfer
  • A seventh-year Nebraska Huskers player decided to enter the NCAA’s transfer portal. Yes, you read that correctly – a seventh-year college football player will be entering the transfer portal.
  • Reminds me of the movie Road Trip. Tom Green was a 9 year dorm resident assistant.
  • Will Honas, a seventh-year linebacker for the Huskers football program, has decided to pursue other options moving forward.
  • He and Ben Johnson can be roommates at Mankato State.
  • This is probably a low key big advantage for some teams in a way that's a little hard to track.
  • He is a good player. Wouldn’t mind him at all.
  • Pretty sure our incoming OL transfer is on his 6th or 7th year.
  • Reminds me of Evan Eschmeyer
  • Sure beats a real job
MINNESOTA

Nebraska 7th Year Transfer
  • I can’t stop thinking of a John Belushi line in Animal House …
  • When he retires…. it might be an actual retirement…
  • His knees will hurt for life.
  • I hope the Big Ten planned for pension debt when they gave that extra covid year.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
U gotta love the hawk dipshit rationalizing Thompson sucks cuz Texas fans aren’t sad to see him go like they didn’t just land one of the top 5 star QBs ever lmao

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
U gotta love the hawk dipshit rationalizing Thompson sucks cuz Texas fans aren’t sad to see him go like they didn’t just land one of the top 5 star QBs ever lmao
Did Cockeye land a transfer QB? If I am a fan, I’m pretty fucking pissed that Brian and Kirk weren’t out day and night trying to convince any decrepit old fuck with a year of eligibility left to come to Cockeye City. That QB room is atrocious.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Did Cockeyes land a transfer QB? If I am a fan, I’m pretty fucking pissed that Brian and Kirk weren’t out day and night trying to convince any decrepit old fuck with a year of eligibility left to come to Cockeyes City. That QB room is atrocious.
From this & other Cockeye comments I’ve read, doesn’t sound like they’ve gone after any transfers. Ferentz sticks to what works, dude couldve elevated his recruiting classes over a decade ago & after KJJ, stuck to the developmental 3&2 stars

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Palmer just couldn't hold on to the ball.
Sarcastic Han Solo GIF by Star Wars

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds