Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

KSU & Utah (3 Viewers)

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
But they can help get talent here especially with NIL.
That’s not the talent we need. We need sustainable success and that doesn’t come from the portal.

Programs we should be looking to copy are Utah, Kstate, Cockeye, Wisconsin etc. The issue is Nebraska doesn’t have the patience for that and we are stuck in this limbo where we think we are above those programs so we never accept the rebuild process.

The people who matter in and around this program have to let Rhule do this his way. I have doubts he’ll be able to do it but we have to see it through for the long haul.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
That’s not the talent we need. We need sustainable success and that doesn’t come from the portal.

Programs we should be looking to copy are Utah, Kstate, Cockeye, Wisconsin etc. The issue is Nebraska doesn’t have the patience for that and we are stuck in this limbo where we think we are above those programs so we never accept the rebuild process.

The people who matter in and around this program have to let Rhule do this his way. I have doubts he’ll be able to do it but we have to see it through for the long haul.
I agree that the fans are impatient. Hopefully TA is not.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Do Utah and/or KSU have any advantages over our program outside of finding the right coach?
They’ve had sustainable success for 20 years now so they obviously have something. I think Nebraska fans are delusional with comments like these. Programs have won multiple championships since we’ve sniffed our last one and we somehow think we are better?

We have all sorts of challenges that make this a really, really hard job and we’ve had shit coaching added on top of it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I hate to say it but if teams like K-State produce some good players they will leave for NIL. Coaches are going to have to figure it out and it should be an advantage to Nebraska going forward.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
They’ve had sustainable success for 20 years now so they obviously have something. I think Nebraska fans are delusional with comments like these. Programs have won multiple championships since we’ve sniffed our last one and we somehow think we are better?

We have all sorts of challenges that make this a really, really hard job and we’ve had shit coaching added on top of it.
KSU has had sustained success? Multiple championships? I’m missing something. They were terrible after Snyder left the first time.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
I hate to say it but if teams like K-State produce some good players they will leave for NIL. Coaches are going to have to figure it out and it should be an advantage to Nebraska going forward.
Other than recruiting, which we’ve still finished with higher ranked classes than both teams, what disadvantages are there?

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Just look around college football. It's about getting the right coach.
It’s also about putting the coach in the correct situation. Don’t people see a pattern of coaches coming here and flaming out? Maaaaaybeeee we should look in the mirror and see that we are the problem.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Other than recruiting, which we’ve still finished with higher ranked classes than both teams, what disadvantages are there?
It’s two things recruiting and coaching to me. I agree it’s about getting the right coach. This coaching cycle proved Nebraska is still a decent job when they got Rhule and could have got #2ndChoice, two of the biggest names on the market.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
0 stability with all sorts of disfunction from the top down. We also recruit the wrong type of player as we think we should compete for “championships” lmao. We recruit attention whores. We recruit dudes who fit a measurable and aren’t actually football players. It’s been an issue for a long time.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s also about putting the coach in the correct situation. Don’t people see a pattern of coaches coming here and flaming out? Maaaaaybeeee we should look in the mirror and see that we are the problem.

At the same time, I don't see coaches flaming out for infinity. It's like anything - the pendulum always swings.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
0 stability with all sorts of disfunction from the top down. We also recruit the wrong type of player as we think we should compete for “championships” lmao. We recruit attention whores. We recruit dudes who fit a measurable and aren’t actually football players. It’s been an issue for a long time.
But isn’t that on the coach? Find the right coach and that doesn’t happen.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG

You're starting to sound like Truckster in this thread.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who is we? Frost and Riley. Pelini didn’t recruit that type of player.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s two things recruiting and coaching to me. I agree it’s about getting the right coach. This coaching cycle proved Nebraska is still a decent job when they got Rhule and could have got #2ndChoice, two of the biggest names on the market.

Absolutely. We finally did a full search and look what happened.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
But isn’t that on the coach? Find the right coach and that doesn’t happen.
Coaches have to fit a certain mold to be good enough for Nebraska. Who’s the last coach we’ve had here that was comfortable in their own skin?

Who is we? Frost and Riley. Pelini didn’t recruit that type of player.
And he got run and people continually bitched about his recruiting.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Coaches have to fit a certain mold to be good enough for Nebraska. Who’s the last coach we’ve had here that was comfortable in their own skin?

And he got run and people continually bitched about his recruiting.
If you got continually ran you’re not winning 9 games a year. Every FBS program uses measurables to a degree by the way. Like others have said hire the right coach. It’s easier said than done.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
KSU has had sustained success? Multiple championships? I’m missing something. They were terrible after Snyder left the first time.
They have won 3 conference championships since 2003, we have 0. They almost won the Natty in 2012 and have played in several major bowls while we have played in 0.

We would thrilled to have their success over the last 20 years. They struggled under Prince but he was just a complete ass clown. They recovered fine once Snyder came back.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Not true at all. They have dudes this year that would start anywhere in the country, why didn't they leave?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds