Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kaelin (1 Viewer)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wonder what is going through McCord's mind now that he is the 3rd most talked-about QB in the Huskerverse.
If's making 1.8 mil NIL, and obviously promised the starting job, those two things are enough where it shouldn't be a concern for him about DR and DK things being topics of interest for Husker fans.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I wonder what is going through McCord's mind now that he is the 3rd most talked-about QB in the Huskerverse.
He could change that in an instant by going public with a commitment. He has a window for a couple of days here before Raiola news hits.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
DK can go to MSU or wherever for a few years and can come back once DR goes pro. Then again, he was already being recruited over with Rhule going after Manske and other QBs in 2025. Let's be honest, he's overreacting over nothing and if he's afraid to compete against DR, he's going to struggle wherever he goes with this "poor me" attitude.

On the positive side if he stayed, maybe he could befriend DR and get to work with his private QB coach during the offseason and refine his skills.
Exactly where I’m at.

Herbie

Quarterback
DK can go to MSU or wherever for a few years and can come back once DR goes pro. Then again, he was already being recruited over with Rhule going after Manske and other QBs in 2025. Let's be honest, he's overreacting over nothing and if he's afraid to compete against DR, he's going to struggle wherever he goes with this "poor me" attitude.

On the positive side if he stayed, maybe he could befriend DR and get to work with his private QB coach during the offseason and refine his skills.
Is it really being over recruited when you recruit a qb jn a different class?

Thats just adding depth

Natural9

Cornerback
Elite Member
I’m kinda miffed that anybody would upset with Kaelin going elsewhere. He had a really underwhelming senior season, we’re tight in numbers, we’re bringing in the #1 HS QB in the nation, and already have our 2025 guy (Manske) nearing a commit. Better to have him depart and open up a spot now than later in 2024 or 2025.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I’m kinda miffed that anybody would upset with Kaelin going elsewhere. He had a really underwhelming senior season, we’re tight in numbers, we’re bringing in the #1 HS QB in the nation, and already have our 2025 guy (Manske) nearing a commit. Better to have him depart and open up a spot now than later in 2024 or 2025.

My only gripe is that I think he's an asset holding a clipboard and we carry a lot of roster spots for kids that do just that.

Would rather let him leave the nest because that's pretty selfish

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Is it really being over recruited when you recruit a qb jn a different class?

Thats just adding depth
Maybe, maybe not. In the past, most Husker coaches only recruited QBs once every 3 years and relied on walk-ons/projects that would rarely push their selected starter. Hard to say if Manske is a better QB prospect than DK, but I'm sure DK would surpass HH on the depth chart in a few years and be DR primary backup. I personally still have a bad feeling that DR won't make it Nebraska once Kirby sits down with him this week and strokes his ego some more. The simulation has been too accurate lately for Nebraska to have nice things.

Herbie

Quarterback
Maybe, maybe not. In the past, most Husker coaches only recruited QBs once every 3 years and relied on walk-ons/projects that would rarely push their selected starter. Hard to say if Manske is a better QB prospect than DK, but I'm sure DK would surpass HH on the depth chart in a few years and be DR primary backup. I personally still have a bad feeling that DR won't make it Nebraska once Kirby sits down with him this week and strokes his ego some more. The simulation has been too accurate lately for Nebraska to have nice things.
How many full cycles has Nebraska truly gone in the 2000’s without taking a qb recruit? 2?

1 being frost last season?

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Anyone else rather have kaelin than mccord?
I still want McCord for next year no matter what to manage the offense without turning the ball over to complement our seasoned defense. I have a feeling if we get McCord to make the offense average, we can make the 12 team playoffs next year.

ColoREDo

God of sarcasm...but real.
Manske is rated less than Kaelin. If Rhule and Co are what we think they are, Manske won't end up being the 2015 QB. There will be much better recruits wanting a piece of the action which would also cause Kaelin to drop places on the depth chart if he sticks around. I'd rather that be how it turns out.

If Manske does end up as our best QB recruit in '25, then I hope he vastly improved his senior year or the volleyball school moniker gets that much stronger.

TreedHusker

Defensive Lineman
Anyone else rather have kaelin than mccord?
steve carell GIF

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
How many full cycles has Nebraska truly gone in the 2000’s without taking a qb recruit? 2?

1 being frost last season?
QB recruitng for Nebraska was shitty prior to the portal days. But let's not forget we had Ron Kellog III, Ryker Fyfe backing up TMart/TA in the Bo & Early Riley days. Once Riley had the QB revamped w/Tanner Lee, Gebbia, & the polish hammer, Frost ran all of those guys out of town and I believe we had Andrew Bunch backing up 2AM a few times until Logan Smothers was ready and recruited Luke McCaffrey who was a better receiver. It's not that we recruited QBs, but the ones Nebraska coaches recruited were projects or didn't live up to the hype and it always seemed like we were always playing "walk ons" for QB whenever QB1 went down. Maybe I'm off and my memory sucks.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds