Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kaelin (2 Viewers)

Herbie

Quarterback
DK sucks.

Ravioli is gonna suck too.. that is just drama after more drama.. odds the payoff is worth the drama are very low.

McCord was a SURE THING.. BAM.. but the coaching staff effed that up over miss drama queen above.

Matt Rhule has kind of blown the QB position once again imo.
McCord is a sure thing?

He was fairly pedestrian at Ohio state given the talent and built in advantages.

ZaneTrain23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I don't think so at all. If it is me, I'm not nuking my career over some kid who has played for a different team the last 3 years and can't make a decision and stick with it. I'm going for the sure thing, and then would figure out what to do from there. Odds are you would have kept DK in the room too.
We have never in my life time had even a sniff at a generational talent like DR recruiting wise. Take a 21 year old whose fanbase called him average and has his dad breathing down his neck 24/7 for one year or the BEST qb in a class for possibly 4 years?

If you want a game manager for one year over a game changer for 4 then i do not know what to tell you

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don't think so at all. If it is me, I'm not nuking my career over some kid who has played for a different team the last 3 years and can't make a decision and stick with it. I'm going for the sure thing, and then would figure out what to do from there. Odds are you would have kept DK in the room too.
I thought you were off the drugs brother.

trueluk

Bench Warmer
This is a huge overreaction. There’s not a program in the country that chooses McCord over Raiola
College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
What you doing in 2025? Looking in the portal again? You realize Raiola has better pure arm talent than any QB Nebraska has ever had since the creation of our football program right? Raiola would of taken us bowling this year as a HS senior. He has much much higher upside than McCord. He has higher upside than any QB in the portal.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What you doing in 2025? Looking in the portal again? You realize Raiola has better pure arm talent than any QB Nebraska has ever had since the creation of our football program right? Raiola would of taken us bowling this year as a HS senior. He has much much higher upside than McCord. He has higher upside than any QB in the portal.
Can't believe we have to keep reminding people what the hell is going on.

There will be a ton of pitchforks ready when he makes his first mistake in a game.

Me? I am rock hard thinking about him hitting Lloyd/Coleman/Barney in stride.

ZaneTrain23

Linebacker
Elite Member
bookmarked for later.. some said the same thing about Harrison Beck.. call me contrarian if you like.. but the more the hype, the more I say bs.
You’re gonna have it bookmarked for a while with no response then. With McCord you are trying to win 9 then reload to do the same again next year. With Raiola you are trying to win 7 or 8 then win 10 or 11 then keep building. If Raiola is a .91 rated 4 star then we could have the convo but saying Rhule fucked this up by bagging a .99 5 star legacy who gets us as much attention as anyone in the entire country is stupid

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
Can't believe we have to keep reminding people what the hell is going on.

There will be a ton of pitchforks ready when he makes his first mistake in a game.

Me? I am rock hard thinking about him hitting Lloyd/Coleman/Barney in stride.
Watch the kid throw the ball. Short, mid, deep. EVERYTHING is accurate. Tons of power, throws at all sorts of angles, his OL was trash this year so he knows how to work a pocket when under pressure. Climbs the pocket and delivers dimes. It isnt like this kid is coming in from small class football in Kansas. He has played high level competition at all of his stops. The kid has IT.

ZaneTrain23

Linebacker
Elite Member
in 2025, you have more information to make a decision on what to do.. you will know what DK is really like and you will have that 2025 kid from the neighboring state in mind and can decide what to do from there. We have no actual data on what Raiola would actually accomplish.. but we do know the kid is full of drama.. I get it, big risk, maybe big reward. maybe. or maybe not. Maybe in reality, it's a lot of risk. We're sitting in a bad spot right now. If DR changes his mind at the last second and signs with Georgia, what are you going to do for 2024???
You can still get dudes in the portal past signing day lol. And to want a local Cockeye QB over Raiola is fucking dumb

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
in 2025, you have more information to make a decision on what to do.. you will know what DK is really like and you will have that 2025 kid from the neighboring state in mind and can decide what to do from there. We have no actual data on what Raiola would actually accomplish.. but we do know the kid is full of drama.. I get it, big risk, maybe big reward. maybe. or maybe not. Maybe in reality, it's a lot of risk. We're sitting in a bad spot right now. If DR changes his mind at the last second and signs with Georgia, what are you going to do for 2024???
Raiola is N. DK will never sniff the arm talent Raiola has. What makes you think he is full of drama?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly the worst thing these kids can do is follow message boards and their Twitter accounts. It’s great when you’re being fawned over but sucks when the knives come out. If he thinks that won’t be the same at MSU, he’s wrong. It’s unfortunately the world we live in today.
He didn't get on the message board. I think he just followed us when we were messaging.

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
Why don't you keep checking out customers at the local Texaco and leave the footballing to someone who has a clue.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
bookmarked for later.. some said the same thing about Harrison Beck.. call me contrarian if you like.. but the more the hype, the more I say bs.
Harrison Beck was a like the 3rd to 5th best pro-style qb when he was recruited. DR1 a top 5 overall recruit lol. Imagine being mad that your team landed a player that is literally rated exactly like Vince Young and being mad about it.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
You can still get dudes in the portal past signing day lol. And to want a local Cockeye QB over Raiola is fucking dumb
bingo, worst case here is (even though Raiola is going to be a Husker) you sign 0 QBs, so you have HH and Purdy until spring then you bring in portal QBs. Which will be several guys that lost out on jobs they were competing for. Maybe Lincoln Keinholz etc.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know that Uncle Donny hasn't meant much for Raiola's recruitment to date, but there is absolutely no fucking way Rhule and co cut bait on McCord with even a .00000001% chance of Dylan backing out. That would probably be a worse thing to do to Donny than just fucking his wife if you're Dom

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
I know that Uncle Donny hasn't meant much for Raiola's recruitment to date, but there is absolutely no fucking way Rhule and co cut bait on McCord with even a .00000001% chance of Dylan backing out. That would probably be a worse thing to do to Donny than just fucking his wife if you're Dom
especially right after his raise etc. He would vilify his entire family name in Nebraska, and we know Dom loves Nebraska.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds