Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Raiola vs Kaelin (2 Viewers)

QB1 at this point in the spring

• Raiola

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • Kaelin

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Harberg (come on)

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

podsker

Bench Warmer
Just getting the temperature on the a situation… YouTube contingent makes it out to be a true race without a leader. Wondering what you all have heard and if anyone’s had eyes on it.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I think it is likely a little bit of both. I think Danny is likely competing with Raiola more than people thought, but I also think that Raiola was more than just hype and is the real deal.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just getting the temperature on the a situation… YouTube contingent makes it out to be a true race without a leader. Wondering what you all have heard and if anyone’s had eyes on it.
its not a true race. its an intelligently crafted veteran move by matt rhule to try and keep the hype and pressure off DR.

the only chance you see someone other than him take first snap is if he falls off a rollercoaster and breaks every bone in his body like that guy from dodgeball

Last edited:

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Rhule isn't going to talk about starters in the Spring. Spring is about development, getting everyone better. Starters and depth chart discussion are what Fall camp is for.

But we are fans not coaches and players, so we can talk about whatever we want and anybody that doesn't think Raiola will be the starter is crazy.

Herbie

Quarterback
Rhule isn't going to talk about starters in the Spring. Spring is about development, getting everyone better. Starters and depth chart discussion are what Fall camp is for.

But we are fans not coaches and players, so we can talk about whatever we want and anybody that doesn't think Raiola will be the starter is crazy.
I’m still a proud member of the Woche Gang

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Kaelin was above average but not great his season year of hs, I have a hard time believing that he’s competing with Riaola

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I’m still a proud member of the Woche Gang
He obviously doesn't get talked about much, but keeping Woche and Longval around as emergency QBs and to run the scout team is important. Nice to have a bit of continuity there, I'd rather have an emergency QB that has been with the team for years instead of bringing in a new one every year.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Of course it'll be Raiola, but it's cool that Kaelin is doing well too. I have zero inside info but I have to imagine Kaelin knows what's up and understands his assignment will be to develop over the next 2-3 years and be ready to roll after Raiola leaves. He just had too many other options available to him to stick with Nebraska without a concrete plan, particularly in this situation with Raiola being in the same class.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Raiola is the no doubt starter. But DK has came in much better than anticipated and should make everyone feel more comfortable about the prospect of Dylan missing any time. DK will be our starter for a year or two after Dylan is gone and will be a good one.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Raiola is the no doubt starter. But DK has came in much better than anticipated and should make everyone feel more comfortable about the prospect of Dylan missing any time. DK will be our starter for a year or two after Dylan is gone and will be a good one.
I don’t know about that. DK could easily transfer if he is practicing well and sitting behind Raiola. The days of the waiting your turn are over at the qb position for the most part.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is true also. I'm banking on that "lifelong Husker fan" part to maybe come through for once.
I hope so, but it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them ends up transferring in the next couple years.

Last edited:

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
This is true also. I'm banking on that "lifelong Husker fan" part to maybe come through for once.
That's the reason he's on campus at Nebraska right now instead of taking one of his offers elsewhere when Dylan came in & jumped in front of him in line. I'm hopeful to slightly optimistic he sticks around as long as he's getting good reps & nobody else comes in to supplant him for the heir to Dylan spot.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
I hope so, but it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them doesn’t transfer in the next couple years.
Probably depends on how clear the path is for Kaelin to play. Like if Raiola is obviously awesome and is going to be a 3 and done guy, I can see Danny sticking around knowing he's likely the guy after. Now if Raiola isn't good and/or Kaelin feels like he's close but not getting the opportunity to start, I can see him bouncing

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
The question isnt who will start in the fall, the question is who is qb1 right now. Those are two completely different questions.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds