Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kaelin one of mortisettes top 7 Elite 11 QBs (1 Viewer)

Toe

Wide Receiver
Interesting that Kaelin's biggest strength was apparently Raiola's biggest weakness.

Toe

Wide Receiver
Tater Island: https://www.Tater Island.com/news/e...ke-kromenhoek-julian-sayin-ethan-grunkemeyer/

Nebraska commit Daniel Kaelin showed his skill set as an accurate, in structure passer. Kaelin has solid footwork and was able to throw a catchable football when everything was on time. To that point, he won the accuracy challenge on Friday. The pure arm talent registered in the middle to low end of the pack.

Fox Sports: https://www.foxsports.com/stories/c...s-alabama-commit-julian-sayin-steals-the-show

Daniel Kaelin, Nebraska
When Raiola backed off his verbal commitment to Ohio State in December, first-year Nebraska head coach Matt Rhule wasted little time jumping into the fray. Raiola’s father had starred for the Cornhuskers during the program’s heyday, and his uncle serves as Rhule’s offensive line coach. But it wasn’t meant to be for Nebraska, which quickly pivoted to Kaelin, an in-state prospect from Bellevue West High School about an hour northwest of campus. The 6-foot-2, 198-pound Kaelin looks the part of a potential Power 5 starter and generated headlines Friday by winning the accuracy competition over Sayin, who finished second, and Carr, who finished third. He also finished tied for fifth in the pro day circuit on Thursday evening. Kaelin was so accurate with his short and intermediate throws throughout the week that some of his fellow quarterbacks began referring to him as "Danny Dimes," the nickname of New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones. What Kaelin lacks in overall arm strength and velocity he makes up for with football intelligence and sound decision-making — two skills that should serve him well at Nebraska.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
“But it wasn’t meant to be for Nebraska, which quickly pivoted to Kaelin, an in-state prospect from Bellevue West High School about an hour northwest of campus.”

Fvckin dipshit writers these days
Bellevue WEST not Bellevue East.....🥴🥴🥴

Toe

Wide Receiver
did we luck out?

Well, we got the guy who won the accuracy competition, and Mike Leach said that accuracy is the #1 thing that can't really be coached:

"People make this mistake all over the country, and everybody can think of one, but there will be a guy who is big, strong and athletic, and everyone gets tempted by speed and if someone has a super strong arm."

"Then they say 'Well all he has to do is work on his accuracy. Well ok. He won't be accurate in high school. Then some college will take him, and then he won't be accurate there, and then the NFL says 'all he has to do is work on his accuracy,' and they'll take him there, and he won't be accurate there and then he'll be out of the league."

"The thing that's amazing to me, is that after all of high school he's not accurate, and now all of a sudden you're special and you're going to make him accurate? And then after college he's not accurate, and you're special and you're going to make him accurate? I just haven't seen that happen. I've seen guys improve, but they don't all of a sudden become accurate."

Last edited:

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
“Hmm how should I describe the QB that won the accuracy challenge and tied for 5th in the pro day workout?”
This is a different article than the OP’s post. My point being, wouldn’t they rate him 5th or better if he was in the top half of 11 quarterbacks every day? Only way it makes sense is if there are more than the 11 quarterbacks at this workout.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
This is a different article than the OP’s post. My point being, wouldn’t they rate him 5th or better if he was in the top half of 11 quarterbacks every day? Only way it makes sense is if there are more than the 11 quarterbacks at this workout.
There are 20 QBs at the final so I’m guessing he was at the top half of that, but either way the description is pretty dumb. I was making fun of the fact that they describe that he “never really broke through” in any of the “singular” sessions even though he crushed the pro day challenge and won the accuracy challenge. What does breaking through look like?

Toe

Wide Receiver
This is out of 20 competitors in the finals, BTW.

Fy2Bs4GaMAEyCXm

Last edited:

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
There are 20 QBs at the final so I’m guessing he was at the top half of that, but either way the description is pretty dumb. I was making fun of the fact that they describe that he “never really broke through” in any of the “singular” sessions even though he crushed the pro day challenge and won the accuracy challenge. What does breaking through look like?
Bs rankings like these are more about betting on what they think is the future outcome than anything they actually saw. Plus he’s a Miami hurricane so fuck him

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds