Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kaelin (5 Viewers)

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
the point wasn't that one guy was ranked 3rd or 5th or 1st.. the point was about how all the hype actually works out. Is it possible? sure it is.. I just haven't bought into all the hype that everyone else has, and my default reaction to mega hype is biased to the other direction.. I blame it on trading.. in that world, hype means suckers buying at the top.
Youre comparing the hype of a Top 75 kid to one of the few 5*+ kids. STFU. Youre wrong and dumb. Literally every program would take DR1 right now over every kid in their state and every Husker fan should be happy his dad’s name is on the stadium. A kid like Raiola can flip a program.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Youre comparing the hype of a Top 75 kid to one of the few 5*+ kids. STFU. Youre wrong and dumb. Literally every program would take DR1 right now over every kid in their state and every Husker fan should be happy his dad’s name is on the stadium. A kid like Raiola can flip a program.
Let’s not forget just how far evals have come since 2005. It isn’t even the same in any respect. Add in the QBs specifically getting much higher level instruction and having to know concepts at a younger age that a guy like Beck had no idea of..

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know that Uncle Donny hasn't meant much for Raiola's recruitment to date, but there is absolutely no fucking way Rhule and co cut bait on McCord with even a .00000001% chance of Dylan backing out. That would probably be a worse thing to do to Donny than just fucking his wife if you're Dom
Truth. Underrated post here.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Let’s not forget just how far evals have come since 2005. It isn’t even the same in any respect. Add in the QBs specifically getting much higher level instruction and having to know concepts at a younger age that a guy like Beck had no idea of..
100%. It’s really impressive how good Raiola already is. His throwing motion is unreal and the arm talent is on another level.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
For the life of me, I can’t wrap my head around some of the completely insane and illogical takes through all of this. Especially around DR.

All I can come up with is, there are far more trolls here than anyone would have thought, Nebraska fans in general really aren’t that intelligent, and/or people don’t understand what real talent is.

Is anything in this world a 100% sure thing? No…and DR is about as close to 100% as you get in recruiting. If you changed his last name and pretended his father didn’t play here, he would still be THE QB you want.

Even if his recruitment played out like it has, you still want this kid as your QB.

Literally every single P5 would take him right now.

Sort through the illogical bias for a moment. Clear your mind. Look at it with the lens of objectivity and do better.

We have gone through 20 years of average…at BEST football. I won’t even dive into the last 6-7 years. You/we are about to land the number one QB recruit in the country. You celebrate that and thank whoever you pray to for it.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
For the life of me, I can’t wrap my head around some of the completely insane and illogical takes through all of this. Especially around DR.

All I can come up with is, there are far more trolls here than anyone would have thought, Nebraska fans in general really aren’t that intelligent, and/or people don’t understand what real talent is.

Is anything in this world a 100% sure thing? No…and DR is about as close to 100% as you get in recruiting. If you changed his last name and pretended his father didn’t play here, he would still be THE QB you want.

Even if his recruitment played out like it has, you still want this kid as your QB.

Literally every single P5 would take him right now.

Sort through the illogical bias for a moment. Clear your mind. Look at it with the lens of objectivity and do better.

We have gone through 20 years of average…at BEST football. I won’t even dive into the last 6-7 years. You/we are about to land the number one QB recruit in the country. You celebrate that and thank whoever you pray to for it.
What's worse are the FB fan pages. I know there are some taters and hot takes on these boards, but it's another level on FB. There are people on there pissed about DK leaving or thinking that Satt is the reason why McCord left. Plus they feel that DR is overrated.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's worse are the FB fan pages. I know there are some taters and hot takes on these boards, but it's another level on FB. There are people on there pissed about DK leaving or thinking that Satt is the reason why McCord left. Plus they feel that DR is overrated.
It’s sad. Our fan base intelligence literally froze in place somewhere about 1997.

Let’s say he is overrated and entertain that for a moment. He is STILL this best QB recruit we’ve arguably EVER had.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Harrison Beck was a like the 3rd to 5th best pro-style qb when he was recruited. DR1 a top 5 overall recruit lol. Imagine being mad that your team landed a player that is literally rated exactly like Vince Young and being mad about it.
It’s incredible. The fan base in general has become a bunch of mouth breathers.

Embarrassing as a fan to see and hear it all.

Toe

Wide Receiver
I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say that Kaelin is better than Raiola. That said, I do think a lot of people are selling Kaelin short on how good he is, particularly in terms of his ceiling. His measurables are good but not great, but his smarts and accuracy are solid.

Last edited:

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
It’s incredible. The fan base in general has become a bunch of mouth breathers.

Embarrassing as a fan to see and hear it all.
I’ve found you need to explain it to them in terms they would really understand.

Kaelin is a Honda Civic
McCord is a Ford Mustang with a 1/4 tank
Raiola is a lambo with a full tank

If you had to get somewhere fast that’s far away, what car do you pick? Pretty easy choice.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say that Kaelin is better than Raiola. That said, I do think a lot of people are selling Kaelin short on how good he is, particularly in terms of his ceiling.
Kaelin could be good but he was a huge disappointment this year. Even if both Hall and McMorris were beat up you would think Kaelin could have a decent season. Elite 11 is not real football either.

GNRhusker

Defensive Lineman
I’m hearing other recruits are pressuring DK into staying and that he might actually stay. Anyone else hear about this?
I don’t know if he stays or goes but MSU just had the guy from OSU transfer there, with three years left, that will have the same damn coach he had at OSU. Seems like a lot of extra travel to end up at possibly the same spot except it’s for a team you didn’t really want to play for in the first place. Otherwise, I totally get it.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m hearing other recruits are pressuring DK into staying and that he might actually stay. Anyone else hear about this?
I mean the Vegas odds of Raiola being here in 2025 are pretty low. I'm sorry if that makes me a hater. But the guy went to 4 HSs in 4 years. If anything goes sideways in 2024 he's gone (my prediction).

An adult has to calm Kaelin down and explain this. This is exactly like Gebbia transferring as soon as AMart was named starter. If Gebbia would have chilled out for a sec and stuck it out in 2018 he would have been starter by GAME TWO of that season. These QBs have to calm down and not make these rash decisions. It didn't even work out for Gebbia - he RSed that yr but the year after he was beat out for starter again anyway at Oregon St.

Kaelin is redshirting either way - he needs to calm down and stick it out here. I guarantee you he'll have a better chance at playing in 2025 here than MSU. Mark my words: if he picks MSU over NU it'll be Gebbia pt 2 for him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds