Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verghese:

Had a feeling this could be a possibility, while in Oregon State for his official visit, Salt Lake City (Uta.) West three-star offensive tackle Brian Tapu committed to the Beavers. Nebraska really did impress last week and I felt confident immediately coming out of the weekend that Nebraska would be the pick. He reached out mid-week to say he was no longer putting a timeline on his decision, reading between the lines on that, I don't think his timeline and Nebraska's lined up. Nebraska wanted more time to evaluate him, while he was ready to lock in a spot. Unfortunate but I don't think this one is done, if Nebraska circles back in the fall with another year of tape on the three-star, he'd be receptive to hearing from the staff.

We have a lot of OL on the roster and are being picky

I think we fooled ourselves into thinking that NIL was going to be the big equalizer for us, but in reality the bigger schools have just as much or more money to spend than we do.
I think it is definitely an advantage for us and that we have one of the better NIL programs out there. But there are a handful of SEC schools and other Big Ten teams that are playing ball at a higher level than us.

Verghese:

Had a feeling this could be a possibility, while in Oregon State for his official visit, Salt Lake City (Uta.) West three-star offensive tackle Brian Tapu committed to the Beavers. Nebraska really did impress last week and I felt confident immediately coming out of the weekend that Nebraska would be the pick. He reached out mid-week to say he was no longer putting a timeline on his decision, reading between the lines on that, I don't think his timeline and Nebraska's lined up. Nebraska wanted more time to evaluate him, while he was ready to lock in a spot. Unfortunate but I don't think this one is done, if Nebraska circles back in the fall with another year of tape on the three-star, he'd be receptive to hearing from the staff.

Such a phony. Who can I trust with my feelz

raw

Verghese:

I was wondering if this is what is happening across the whole roster.

They have taken so many recruits the last 2 cycles and not very many on the roster have moved on or have been moved on so they are finally hitting their limits at some positions.

Dean said in his article about Nelson committing that he's the 45th true freshman that they have added to the 2024 roster.

I'd have to go back and watch for sure but I believe Rhule said in his interview with Dean and Sip a few days ago that they were at 160 when he got there on the roster. Turd told them they needed to be at 115 for titleIX and that they were working towards that number.

Here's the video with Rhule, first twenty minutes or so -

We have almost 80 guys with 4 years or eligibility left. I believe the locker room hold 145 and now there is only one. Likely that there is some kind of roster limit coming, maybe 125? Presumably older classes would have some sort of partial grandfathering, making a 2024 more valuable than a 2025.

In the next two weeks is when the rubber meets the road in terms of this recruiting class as so many decisions will be made in that time. It's definitely not the class I was expecting at this very moment. I'm also super confused by the roster numbers so I don't even know how many recruits we can expect in this class.

I guess I'll just hang my hopes on Christian Jones and anything beyond him will be like a bonus. I do like our DL recruiting in this cycle BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back