Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June recruiting thread.... let's get it, dudes. (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What is the latest with Caleb Benning? Why hasn't he scheduled his OV? Are we losing to Wisconsin for him?
he told Schaefer yesterday he wants to take OVs at Nebraska, Cockeye and Kansas St. The way I read this is that he hasn't been invited to OV anywhere in June, but of course that could be wrong (e.g., K St wants to see him in person before they ask him to OV). Note what Schaefer says at the end. He doesn't seem to be near the top of any P5 boards from the sound of it.

“I have not set any visits but those should be coming pretty soon,” Benning said. “I’ll sit down with my dad and talk about that.

“I may do a couple in June, but I also want to take a couple in season too.”

Cockeye and Nebraska all are likely to receive an official visit. It’s just a matter of when it occurs. And Kansas State might get a visit as well, since the Wildcat coaches have made it known to the defensive back they’d like to see him workout and he was unable to when members of the staff visited during the evaluation period this spring.

Benning is one of the top targets in-state for Nebraska this cycle as the defensive back has been on campus several times and around the new coaching staff.

One thing to watch this summer, as Benning isn’t planning an early decision, is how the Huskers handle their available spots in the defensive backfield. This weekend multiple recruits that play in the secondary are in town. It’ll be something to note how many safeties the Huskers take in the 2024 class. The defensive back has already seen a few options removed because schools filled their spots at safety.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Caleb is under 6 feet. He hasn't run track since two years ago - his personal best in the 100M was 12.61.
Dang, didn't realize it was that slow. Dude is a baller for sure but those numbers have to hurt. Unless he gets to camps and shows out.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dang, didn't realize it was that slow. Dude is a baller for sure but those numbers have to hurt. Unless he gets to camps and shows out.
he's almost certainly faster - that was as a freshman - but I doubt he is a burner

I'm sure he'll camp - he missed most of last year which had to hurt him too

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
he told Schaefer yesterday he wants to take OVs at Nebraska, Cockeye and Kansas St. The way I read this is that he hasn't been invited to OV anywhere in June, but of course that could be wrong (e.g., K St wants to see him in person before they ask him to OV). Note what Schaefer says at the end. He doesn't seem to be near the top of any P5 boards from the sound of it.

“I have not set any visits but those should be coming pretty soon,” Benning said. “I’ll sit down with my dad and talk about that.

“I may do a couple in June, but I also want to take a couple in season too.”

Cockeye and Nebraska all are likely to receive an official visit. It’s just a matter of when it occurs. And Kansas State might get a visit as well, since the Wildcat coaches have made it known to the defensive back they’d like to see him workout and he was unable to when members of the staff visited during the evaluation period this spring.

Benning is one of the top targets in-state for Nebraska this cycle as the defensive back has been on campus several times and around the new coaching staff.

One thing to watch this summer, as Benning isn’t planning an early decision, is how the Huskers handle their available spots in the defensive backfield. This weekend multiple recruits that play in the secondary are in town. It’ll be something to note how many safeties the Huskers take in the 2024 class. The defensive back has already seen a few options removed because schools filled their spots at safety.
With absolutely no concrete info, but reading between the lines on Damon's tweets, it's seemed to me for a while like 1) the Bennings are trying to market/pitch Caleb as a player who deserves more attention because he's not currently a priority recruit at many top schools, and 2) he is going to wait to see how things develop on the field before he'd commit here.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
With absolutely no concrete info, but reading between the lines on Damon's tweets, it's seemed to me for a while like 1) the Bennings are trying to market/pitch Caleb as a player who deserves more attention because he's not currently a priority recruit at many top schools, and 2) he is going to wait to see how things develop on the field before he'd commit here.
It's not a risk-less strategy, but letting a bunch of guys clear the field in December and then being one of the top guys left can help you move your way up with the quality of school who might take you

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
When viewed through the lens of "here's Brendan Baker in a sweatshirt of a school he will never go to" to keep Nebraska fans engaged, this checks out
Stop It Fox Tv GIF by Empire FOX

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
he's almost certainly faster - that was as a freshman - but I doubt he is a burner

I'm sure he'll camp - he missed most of last year which had to hurt him too
He’s shockingly tiny when you see him in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds