Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
excited ralph wiggum GIF

After seeing some of the recruits that the coaches have offered this seems like a mistake not offering him so far.

6'2 185 sophomore

4.61 electronic 40, doesn't run track. Not the kind of WR they recruit. (4.61 converts to slightly over 11 seconds in the 100M)

Last edited:
4.61 electronic 40, doesn't run track. Not the kind of WR they recruit. (4.61 converts to slightly over 11 seconds in the 100M)
I understand what they look for but they aren't exactly killing it WR recruiting this cycle.

Like I said I think it's a mistake to not offer a good recruit in your own back yard just because he doesn't check boxes xyz on your recruiting chart.

I'm starting to get the feeling the coaches are so focused on a recruit having certain numbers that they aren't seeing the forest for the trees in some cases.

He's 2026 so he still might end up with an offer eventually.

I understand what they look for but they aren't exactly killing it WR recruiting this cycle.

Like I said I think it's a mistake to not offer a good recruit in your own back yard just because he doesn't check boxes xyz on your recruiting chart.

I'm starting to get the feeling the coaches are so focused on a recruit having certain numbers that they aren't seeing the forest for the trees in some cases.

He's 2026 so he still might end up with an offer eventually.
It's still very early for 2026 commits (we have no 2026 commits and in the B1G only USC - with 4 - has more than 2) and we have 24 WR offers out now. No reason to move off the recruiting model for 2026 as yet. This cycle isn't really driving 2026 at this point. We have 11 WRs on the roster with either 3 or 4 years of remaining eligibility plus two 2025 commits.

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I’m fine with no walkons.
What Nebraska has been doing for the past 20 years clearly isn’t working well. Scale back the focus and large rosters. Let’s be some six sigma lean leading mother fuckers
My counter is that with NIL, “walk-ons” are starting to become borderline, or certain, scholarship worthy players. It allows us to increase depth because we can afford it. In other words we have the luxury of throwing money at the roster when we don’t under a limited roster.

My counter is that with NIL, “walk-ons” are starting to become borderline, or certain, scholarship worthy players. It allows us to increase depth because we can afford it. In other words we have the luxury of throwing money at the roster when we don’t under a limited roster.
Is spending 20k/ on 15 players worth more than 300k on 2 players?

Is spending 20k/ on 15 players worth more than 300k on 2 players?
This question misses the point.

Having the flexibility to buy players off scholarship that can be starters, and nothing that truly limits how many of them we add is immensely valuable. Stefon Thompson, Ceyair Wright (🤞), Isiah Neyor, and Jamal Banks are on our roster without a scholarship and will be major contributors.

Yeah - rather than spending large amounts on a relatively small group of highly sought after players we are playing a numbers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back