Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Raiola was ever going to move the needle much with other recruits. Every single year croots talk about playing together or analysts say certain guys are package deals and it almost never comes to fruition. Raiola is less of a sell because every school we're competing against has an elite qb prospect.

This is obviously not the yield of players they were hoping for early so we will have to just hope Rhule isn't the next in a long line or husker head coaches who are full of shit about identifying dudes who can play in the NFL even though they aren't highly coveted croots
I agree and perhaps the effect of Raiola is overstated for a lot of guys but there is no world where Jackson Carpenter or Bryson Hayes should be the top rated wr croot on the board whether you had Raiola as your qb in the prior class or Kaelin.

Call me an overreacting crooting degenerate but I don’t see how you could consider your two best croots out of OV szn being Parker and either Simpson or Jones being a success (and I really like them and a couple other guys like J Jones and Hawthorne). Especially when you have Raiola to sell. I wasn’t expecting blue chip 4 or 5 stars at every position like some delusional fans do but losing localish guys like Merritt and others that you’ve cultivated a long relationship with like the NV linemen and Mills really, really hurts. Even if you want to bank on going 8-4/9-3 this season and trying to flip some guys what is that realistically? Maybe 3-4 guys, 1 or 2 of which who might be legit consensus 4 stars?

And no, I don’t believe for a second that Terry is going to turn down two in state powers and Oregon to come to Nebraska.
It could flip in an instant but coming out of the last official visitors weekend until September this recruiting class is looking pretty meh. Dean mentioned that there is a weekend in July that you could bring in some visitors? but no officials visits.

I'll take it a step further 6-6 or 7-5 isn't really going to move the needle very far recruiting wise. I think we are looking at least 8 or 9 wins to get any real movement going.
You could make the argument that not making a bowl game gives you a recruiting advantage every december

I think we fooled ourselves into thinking that NIL was going to be the big equalizer for us, but in reality the bigger schools have just as much or more money to spend than we do.
Honestly at this rate just fucking winning some games is probably the great equalizer. All of the new bells and whistles DONU have are great, but kids do like to win. Don’t blame some of the hesitation to commit to what is, so far, an unproven product.

Obviously a lot can change this season.

Honestly at this rate just fucking winning some games is probably the great equalizer. All of the new bells and whistles DONU have are great, but kids do like to win. Don’t blame some of the hesitation to commit to what is, so far, an unproven product.

Need sustained success before any real changes in recruiting comes.

A couple 7-8 win seasons isn’t getting cruits panties wet

You could make the argument that not making a bowl game gives you a recruiting advantage every december
Yes in the past but I guess they changed the rules this year. Dean was saying that they moved the December signing day up 2 weeks and then shut down recruiting for the rest of the month. @Carm probably has more details. Not only does the recruiting calender keep accelerating but the recruiting window keeps getting smaller.

Agree, I said a few pages back that all of that was just icing on the shit cake of 7 losing seasons. Winning would help solve a lot of problems.

Like back in my corporate days we used to say sales cures all. Winning in this case.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back