Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread (17 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

There's a very surprising midwest state churning out NFL talent​

The midwest state that has become a factory for developing NFL players ranks ahead of Texas, Florida, California and Ohio.
Southern states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia have been churning out NFL players for decades at an unrivaled rate. That's no secret.
But according to some recent data diving into the home state of NFL players per million state's residents there's one other state you'd never guess right up there alongside those powerhouses.
You might think the other top state is also located in the south. Your first guesses would likely be Florida or Texas, or maybe out west in California - but those guesses would be wrong.

According to a study done back in February, it's a midwest state that is dominating.
That state? Cockeye.
Yeah. I wouldn't have guessed that either.
At a rate of 12.5 NFL players per million residents, Cockeye ranks just below states like Georgia (12.6), Alabama (12.7), and a bit further behind the national leaders of churning out NFL talent like Mississippi (14.5) and Louisiana (15).

According to the data, the national average per state is 5.2 NFL players per million residents. States right around that national average include Michigan (5.4), North Carolina (5.7), and Texas (5.7).
Other relative surprises from the data:
  • Nebraska ranking higher than Texas (6.1)
  • Hawaii and Florida with the same (7.5)
  • Vermont is the only state with zero current NFL players
  • New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island all under 1 NFL player per million residents
  • Alaska (2.7) with a better figure than Arkansas (2.3), Washington (2.2), and North Dakota (2.6)
  • Georgia has FOUR times the number of NFL players as New York despite half the population.

1720024428984.png
https://footballscoop.com/.image/t_share/MjA3NTg5MTAwNDU3MzA1NDY3/Cockeye-hs-football-nfl.png

DATACockeyeNF

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I can't be the only one who is surprised the Deion's Black Power gimmick played well here
shocked philip j fry GIF

panther07

Linebacker
Elite Member

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
The 2 that committed to Texas Tech:
Thanks… @kyle23 I wouldn’t consider them as scholarship worthy for us. Taking these two over Hammerbeck and Tapu is beyond Plan C. It’s more like plan “fuck it”. Great if we could convince them to walk on.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
OT recruiting is clearly down to plan B if not plan C croots. I'm not sure why they passed on the two Nebraska kids.
I was thinking the same so I went and checked their ratings on On 3. Hammerbeck is actually rated higher than the other two -

Tapu #41 OT
Hammerbeck #43 OT
Ren Brown #106 OT
Garin Marley #117 IOL
Houston #44 IOL

Utu #3 IOL
SJ #4 IOL

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds