Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread (34 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
2024-07-02 07_13_11-The Platinum Board _ The Platinum Board - Brave.png

@HuskerGarrett
Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Or you know, he just preferred Miami, the school he’s been a lean to since February, over his other options?
Miami would be a cool ass place to go to school but seems like a miserable place to play football - off campus stadium, 10s of fans, etc.

Always kind of wonder what the draw is for some of these guys

Last edited:

panther07

Linebacker
Elite Member

significant because the team Young covers is Kansas St, which has been pushing Hammerbeck to commit

From Derek Young:
1.) HUSKERS:
Unfortunately, the expectation at this point is that Nebraska will land Winner, South Dakota three-star Shawn Hammerbeck. At the end of the day, that's where my prediction was leaning. The Huskers are recruiting him as an offensive tackle, just like Texas Tech. Kansas State recruited him as a defensive lineman. Most saw him as an offensive lineman. The Red Raiders are jam-packed at offensive line in their class. Nebraska is desperate for a tackle. It makes sense on those levels.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
From Derek Young:
1.) HUSKERS:
Unfortunately, the expectation at this point is that Nebraska will land Winner, South Dakota three-star Shawn Hammerbeck. At the end of the day, that's where my prediction was leaning. The Huskers are recruiting him as an offensive tackle, just like Texas Tech. Kansas State recruited him as a defensive lineman. Most saw him as an offensive lineman. The Red Raiders are jam-packed at offensive line in their class. Nebraska is desperate for a tackle. It makes sense on those levels.
He’s not necessarily wrong but lol at the slight jab and insinuation that Nebraska is so desperate for tackles that that’s the logical reason why he be N, as if Nebraska would break the bank for a 3 star project tackle from South Dakota.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Or you know, he just preferred Miami, the school he’s been a lean to since February, over his other options?
That's what I was trying to say without saying it I guess 🤣. SJ was probably Plan A and Houston B.

I would guess Utu and SJ were both Plan A guys and then when they went off the board it was the green light for Tapu and Houston. Not saying there is anything wrong with those guys I just don't think they were at the top of the board. Utu is a 5 star and SJ a 4.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds