Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
From a rivals article about Kewan Lacy:

Instead of sitting around and playing video games, Lacy sold those video games and controllers and used the money to buy workout equipment. He bought a bench and weights. He got up before the sun in the mornings to run. He wasn't going to stand on the sidelines again.

"He turned my whole garage into a weight room," Kendra said. "He got a bench, the bars, the weights, the ladders, the cones, the parachutes. He just wanted to work out. When he went back to school, everyone was like, 'What have you been feeding this kid?' I would say, 'Listen, he's been working out.""

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
From a rivals article about Kewan Lacy:

Instead of sitting around and playing video games, Lacy sold those video games and controllers and used the money to buy workout equipment. He bought a bench and weights. He got up before the sun in the mornings to run. He wasn't going to stand on the sidelines again.

"He turned my whole garage into a weight room," Kendra said. "He got a bench, the bars, the weights, the ladders, the cones, the parachutes. He just wanted to work out. When he went back to school, everyone was like, 'What have you been feeding this kid?' I would say, 'Listen, he's been working out.""
It's latter's FYI

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I’d agree that you don’t want to get guys just chasing NIL. Coaches already have to disprove the rumor that walk-ons are treated different than scholarship guys. All of a sudden you have another layer with who is getting more NIL money because you don’t want more wasted resources and have to answer to boosters saying “you told me to pony up cause we need this guy but he isn’t even playing.”

I think you give the proven transfers the money. Too much unknown with the high school guys. Go get the Rouses, Scott’s, and Kemps of the world.
You gotta spoiler that last paragraph or something so @CornHub doesn't get his jimmies rustled

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
You gotta spoiler that last paragraph or something so @CornHub doesn't get his jimmies rustled
angry GIF by HULU

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's been awesome since Day 1 and has only gotten better imo. The Lacy story is one of the better ones he's written for us over the last year.
Great article and I like that your writers are on the cutting edge of technology i.e. knowing how to use Spell Check. Many major Husker publications in Nebraska haven't been able to find this elusive Spell Check technology

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
From today's SoonerScoop

Sooners Regaining Momentum for Key OL Target?​

A player that many had started to write off some time ago is Logan (Cockeye) Logan-Magnolia offensive lineman Grant Brix. The nation’s No. 2 interior offensive lineman, according to the Tater Island Industry rankings, seemed high on the Sooners at several points but Oklahoma seemed to have lost momentum following visits to Kansas State, Nebraska, and Alabama.
The Tide aren’t seen as a real contender at this point largely because of proximity to home. In fact that was seen as the reality that would hurt Oklahoma in his recruitment. Brix would choose to stay closer to home with Nebraska or Kansas State.
However over the last 10 days or so the Sooners seem to be making a move and there is some confidence around Norman that Brix’s relationship with Bill Bedenbaugh and Jerry Schmidt could be big for Oklahoma.
“He loves (Bedenbaugh) and Schmidt and I think he’s starting to realize that if you’re going to excel as an offensive lineman, those are the two staff members on any campus you need to feel good about,” a source said.
Is that enough? It’s hard to be sure of anything with Brix but there is some momentum.
Brix seems to have no timeline for his choice but he’s definitely worth keeping an eye on as Oklahoma continues to battle with the Huskers and Wildcats.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
From today's SoonerScoop

Sooners Regaining Momentum for Key OL Target?​

A player that many had started to write off some time ago is Logan (Cockeye) Logan-Magnolia offensive lineman Grant Brix. The nation’s No. 2 interior offensive lineman, according to the Tater Island Industry rankings, seemed high on the Sooners at several points but Oklahoma seemed to have lost momentum following visits to Kansas State, Nebraska, and Alabama.
The Tide aren’t seen as a real contender at this point largely because of proximity to home. In fact that was seen as the reality that would hurt Oklahoma in his recruitment. Brix would choose to stay closer to home with Nebraska or Kansas State.
However over the last 10 days or so the Sooners seem to be making a move and there is some confidence around Norman that Brix’s relationship with Bill Bedenbaugh and Jerry Schmidt could be big for Oklahoma.
“He loves (Bedenbaugh) and Schmidt and I think he’s starting to realize that if you’re going to excel as an offensive lineman, those are the two staff members on any campus you need to feel good about,” a source said.
Is that enough? It’s hard to be sure of anything with Brix but there is some momentum.
Brix seems to have no timeline for his choice but he’s definitely worth keeping an eye on as Oklahoma continues to battle with the Huskers and Wildcats.
Wtf

What is Rioala doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds