Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
Dean was always good at overestimating any Juco croot oe transfer as immediate impact guys.
It's pretty impressive that article was even written. Guy signs in 2012, goes on mission trip, finally plays in 2015 gets injured, injured basically the whole time so retires in 2017 from Utah. When he graduates says he wants to try one more time even though he had sat out the entire 2017 season, signs with Nebraska, Gas Can writes an article about how he will be an immediate impact player after not even playing at Utah and switching positions to defense here.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Two more trips on deck for Devoux Tuataga​

The latest on the talented pass rusher from the state of Utah...​

BLAIR ANGULO2 hrsVIP0

With the current recruiting dead period set to come to a close next week, many prospects across the country are planning to hit the skies once more to continue gathering information on their potential destinations. Count three-star edge rusher Devoux Tuataga among those recruits expected to get a couple more trips in before the month is over.

The standout defender from Eagle Mountain (Utah) Cedar Valley has two Power Five unofficial visits on deck.

He explained to 247Sports at the inaugural NIL Sports, Inc. Summer Kick-Off.

“We’re planning to get to Nebraska on July 28 and then Oregon on July 29 for the Saturday Night Live showcase,” Tuataga told 247Sports. “I haven’t taken any officials yet so this could be the last couple before I start getting out to some game weekends during the season. Right now, we’re looking at making a decision around midseason or in November closer to the Early Signing Period, so we’re just getting to know coaches and starting to build out a list of top schools.”

Tuataga is the nation’s No. 36 edge rusher and No. 4 overall prospect in the state of Utah for the 2024 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings. He has amassed more than a dozen scholarship offers and recently made stops at BYU, Oregon and Oregon State.

The Huskers are in line to get their opportunity to make an impression.

“I want to see what Nebraska is all about, so I’m definitely excited to get out there,” Tuataga said. “I know the unofficials are different than the officials so if things go well I’d like to get back for an official and check everything out during a game. I want to see how players react and what it’s like during a weekend.”

The Ducks will be hosting their annual mid-summer camp at Autzen Stadium and Tuataga, who was in Eugene not too long ago, said he is excited to get back for a chance to work out for the staff.

“The last time we were there we met up immediately with Matayo Uiagalelei and they showed nothing but love,” Tuataga said. “I love the energy the players have there and obviously it’s a great staff. Coach Tony Tuioti showed us around everywhere and I know that’s a place that I’d like to get back to for an official as well. It’s one of my top schools for sure.”

One of the more productive junior pass rushers in the country, Tuataga saw a steady rise in his recruitment this past spring evaluation period. In 10 games last fall the 6-foot-6, 240-pound Tuataga was credited with 32 total tackles and 15 tackles for a loss, including 11 sacks and 11 hurries.

Tuataga has committed to play in the 2024 Polynesian Bowl all-star game in Hawaii next January. He has not made a final decision on a two-year church mission immediately after high school, although he said he is leaning toward playing a year before departing.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
IIRC, the scuttlebutt when we fell out of contention the first time – besides not winning enough to attract a No. 1 player – was that we didn't want to meet his NIL ask. He wanted elite left tackle money and we didn't think he was an elite left tackle. Maybe that's all hocus pocus, or maybe we've changed our tune on our NIL offer?
he's under 6-5

Rumor floating around is that he was asking for $1M in a NIL package. That's a lot for a lineman who hasn't played college ball and played RT, not LT, in HS.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
he's under 6-5

Rumor floating around is that he was asking for $1M in a NIL package. That's a lot for a lineman who hasn't played college ball and played RT, not LT, in HS.
He's considered the best tackle in the worst tackle class in a long time.

If 247 is right it sounds like Baker can demand more this year because of the crop of OTs but in most year's he wouldn't be a top 5 OT in the class.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

If 247 is right it sounds like Baker can demand more this year because of the crop of OTs but in most year's he wouldn't be a top 5 OT in the class.
High schoolers can demand whatever they want, you're going to end up in Fuckywuckyville if your staff and NIL people are dumb enough to give it to them, imo

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
High schoolers can demand whatever they want, you're going to end up in Fuckywuckyville if your staff and NIL people are dumb enough to give it to them, imo
I’d agree that you don’t want to get guys just chasing NIL. Coaches already have to disprove the rumor that walk-ons are treated different than scholarship guys. All of a sudden you have another layer with who is getting more NIL money because you don’t want more wasted resources and have to answer to boosters saying “you told me to pony up cause we need this guy but he isn’t even playing.”

I think you give the proven transfers the money. Too much unknown with the high school guys. Go get the Rouses, Scott’s, and Kemps of the world.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you give the proven transfers the money. Too much unknown with the high school guys. Go get the Rouses, Scott’s, and Kemps of the world.
Agreed - and try to manage the transfers to positions of clear-cut need so you can explain to your team why it was done.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

He's taken 3 OVs - Georgia, Ohio St, Texas.

Georgia isn't among his 5 leaders currently, though. Ohio St and Texas are, along with Oregon (6 unofficial visits), Nebraska (2 UVs) and Florida St (1 UV). (Georgia now has 5 OTs committed).

He has been rumored to have Oregon as his favorite going back to before this year; his brother went there.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
He's taken 3 OVs - Georgia, Ohio St, Texas.

Georgia isn't among his 5 leaders currently, though. Ohio St and Texas are, along with Oregon (6 unofficial visits), Nebraska (2 UVs) and Florida St (1 UV). (Georgia now has 5 OTs committed).

He has been rumored to have Oregon as his favorite going back to before this year; his brother went there.
unless you're a fan of the Mighty Ducks movie franchise I don't understand why anyone would want to play for a team called the Ducks

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Kirby is a South Georgia guy. Kid comes from his area. After Smoke burned Tamu bridge, some folks called in a favor. Not the kind of kid Smart takes, but he made an exception and it didn't work out to nobody's surprise. Talented, but needs more than football right now.
So bottom line do not want. Not N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds