Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf

What is Rioala doing
I'm thinking this was said tongue-in-cheek, but I actually think there might be something to this. Generally, I have been a Donny apologist. But I met Grant's high school athletic director. I briefly chatted with him about Grant's recruitment. He seemed to like Rhule (although made a weird comment about "maybe he is just trying to save face..."), but said Raiola has yet to stop by the school to see him. He thought that was odd and telling.

I'm thinking this was said tongue-in-cheek, but I actually think there might be something to this. Generally, I have been a Donny apologist. But I met Grant's high school athletic director. I briefly chatted with him about Grant's recruitment. He seemed to like Rhule (although made a weird comment about "maybe he is just trying to save face..."), but said Raiola has yet to stop by the school to see him. He thought that was odd and telling.
lucious lyon wtf GIF

He hasn't been to Brix's school? That's odd. Has he done in-home visits?

4-star athlete Derrick McFall sets commitment date, names top three schools​

Chad Simmons•about 18 hours

August 4 was already set to be a special day for Tyler (Texas) four-star athlete Derrick McFall and his family. That’s his mothers birthday and they were going to already enjoy the day celebrating.
Now they’ll have an extra reason to celebrate that day. McFall is set to make his college decision that afternoon picking between Colorado, UCLA and Washington.
“The main reason those three made my list is because they stayed loyal throughout the whole process,” McFall told On3. “They continued to show love and never showed a doubt in me.”
Of those three, McFall has taken trips to both Colorado and Washington. He hasn’t visited UCLA but noted that it doesn’t really hurt the Bruins chances in his recruitment because of the relationships he has there.
McFall noted that each of three schools are looking at him to likely split time at both running back and slot receiver. Both of those options work just fine for him.

4-star athlete Derrick McFall sets commitment date, names top three schools​

Chad Simmons•about 18 hours

August 4 was already set to be a special day for Tyler (Texas) four-star athlete Derrick McFall and his family. That’s his mothers birthday and they were going to already enjoy the day celebrating.
Now they’ll have an extra reason to celebrate that day. McFall is set to make his college decision that afternoon picking between Colorado, UCLA and Washington.
“The main reason those three made my list is because they stayed loyal throughout the whole process,” McFall told Tater Island. “They continued to show love and never showed a doubt in me.”
Of those three, McFall has taken trips to both Colorado and Washington. He hasn’t visited UCLA but noted that it doesn’t really hurt the Bruins chances in his recruitment because of the relationships he has there.
McFall noted that each of three schools are looking at him to likely split time at both running back and slot receiver. Both of those options work just fine for him.
I take it he didn’t get that offer

Greg Smith • InsideNebraska
Senior Recruiting Analyst
@GregSmithRivals

Welcome to the Recruiting Rundown!
No matter what time of year it is, there are always things to talk about with Nebraska football recruiting. Each week, we’ll take a look at the most noteworthy things that happened with the Huskers: Notable new offers, top school lists, visits and more inside info from the recruiting trail.

The Raiola Resurgence​

Through coach Matt Rhule’s short tenure at Nebraska, there has not been a move more openly criticized as the decision to retain offensive line coach Donovan Raiola. The criticism was 100% fair. Nebraska’s offensive line struggled last season, and the running game was bad. The Huskers were No. 10 in the Big Ten in rushing yards per game. Add in the common thought that Raiola was seen by some as not personable enough to be a good recruiter. You can understand why fans were upset.
Now we’ve gone through spring ball, and Nebraska has had a huge summer on the recruiting trail. Raiola has done a lot to inspire confidence that it was not just coach speak about how well he, Rhule and offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield fit together.
We don’t know yet if he’s coached up the offensive line on the team to turn them into a serviceable unit. The early signs are encouraging, though, as Raiola and Rhule aim to inspire confidence in the group.
“I’m just really excited going into my second year with these guys,” Raiola said in a recent interview. “Their comfort level is totally different.”
The recruiting trail is where Raiola has done great work this cycle. The recent addition of four-star
Preston Taumua
was a huge win for him. Nabbing the No. 1 player from Hawaii could be the start of something big to solidify the future of the line. He’s a terrific prospect that the line can be built around. We also might look back and realize that Texas native Gibson Pyle was a steal. He was recently invited to the All-American Bowl, and his stock will continue to improve.

There is still one big fish out there to round out the offensive line class this cycle:
Grant Brix is the No. 1 player in Cockeye, and the Huskers are in the mix for his commitment. The summer of Raiola needs to turn into the fall of Raiola, but this is a great start.

Who is left on the board?​

Nebraska has done a great job building the 2024 recruiting class. Sitting at 24 commits as we head into fall camp can be a big benefit to the program. There won’t be a late cycle scramble for players to fill the class. The team is actually ahead of schedule and can now work harder on 2025 prospects.
But before we get to 2025 players, there are still guys to watch in the 2024 class.

We talked a little about Brix above, but he has not announced a commitment date. He has kept his recruitment pretty low-key. It wouldn’t surprise me if he just quietly tweeted his commitment out of the blue. He deciding between Nebraska, Kansas State and Oklahoma. The Huskers are in a good spot.

Devoux Tuataga is set to take a visit to Nebraska at the end of the month. He would be another great pickup for the Huskers. They are battling BYU, Oregon State and Oregon for his pledge.

Jayshawn Ross is a wildcard to me. His teammate Keelan Smith is committed to the Huskers, so that’s helpful. I’ve had him as an Oklahoma lock for a long time, but that might be shifting. If it does, I like the Huskers to stay in the mix.

There are fall official visits set with Utah teammates Nuku Mafi and Semisi Tonga. Each have already visited Nebraska once before. You can never have too many offensive linemen, so I’d keep them as “takes” even if Nebraska lands Brix.

Amare Sanders is another name to watch for the Huskers as the team continues to reshape the defensive back room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back