Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would certainly say the obvious - he has had the least recruiting success of any of the ACs. I think he has no commits. Cooper is the lead on McGahee.

It's harder to tell if this means he is bad at recruiting for sure because we don't know how they allocated slots to LBs in this class and how much they are planning on growing safeties into LBs. We didn't actually have any highly ranked LBs in for OVs. We had some 4 stars do UVs earlier in ther spring, but they opted for top schools - Williams and Mothudi both committed to Oregon, Newby committed to USC. Tyanthony Smith committed to A&M, Okoronkwo committed to Bama. Those were good to get in for UVs, aznd getting them to agree to an OV was probably a tough pull.

But I would say he looks like our biggest recruiting question mark going forward.
Nice breakdown. I know we were supposedly in the ear of that 4-star LB out of Washington.

The strategy is interesting if it’s truly about recruiting DBs and transitioning them to LBers. Some intriguing commits that potentially fit that mold.

The Other Dave

Backup Towelboy
Elite Member
Yeah very unlikely. It at least gives me enough hope that I will watch his announcement tomorrow
Smith delays his commitment announcement (good sign?)

Top247 prospect delays decision​

There was a change in the timetable for Top247 edge Jacob Smith.​

Brian DohnBRIAN DOHN19 minsVIP25

Rather than announce his decision Thursday, Top247 edge Jacob Smith decided to hold off.

The Cheshire (Conn.) Academy prospect said Wednesday afternoon he was delaying his announcement to an undetermined date.

He told 247Sports in late June he was focused on Nebraska and Michigan, which is where his brother, Jerod Smith, committed in April.

"Need to talk things out," Smith said after delaying his college choice.

He said he does not have a time frame for a decision but it could be a while.

The No. 14 edge in the class and also had Notre Dame, Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia in his top six in the spring.

In discussing what Smith wanted in a program, he discussed what he looked for in a program.

"The coaches showing the love (was important)," he said. "I don't want you to text me every day, but I want you to show me that you are there and you are interested. I need to see what you can and can't do for me, the pros and cons of your program. I need to be able to see myself playing there, being coached by you. It was stuff like that."

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Rather than announce his decision Thursday, Top247 edge Jacob Smith decided to hold off.

The Cheshire (Conn.) Academy prospect said Wednesday afternoon he was delaying his announcement to an undetermined date.

He told 247Sports in late June he was focused on Nebraska and Michigan, which is where his brother, Jerod Smith, committed in April.

The No. 14 edge in the class and also had Notre Dame, Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia in his top six in the spring.

In discussing what Smith wanted in a program, he discussed what he looked for in a program.

"The coaches showing the love (was important)," he said. "I don't want you to text me every day, but I want you to show me that you are there and you are interested. I need to see what you can and can't do for me, the pros and cons of your program. I need to be able to see myself playing there, being coached by you. It was stuff like that."
Michigan full at his position @Carm? According to Rivals they have 4 LBs and 5 DEs committed already (including his brother). They're sitting at 25 commits too now, how many more spots do they have?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan full at his position @Carm? According to Rivals they have 4 LBs and 5 DEs committed already (including his brother). They're sitting at 25 commits too now, how many more spots do they have?

Would they really not take him? Seems like they'd be risking the brother going elsewhere too.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member

That would be cool, get his bro here too.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Played his poker hand well. His decision to announce and the CBs coming in fired up the bag men.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

They staffs at both the 247 site and the On 3 site have been saying repeatedly he has a spot even though they have taken all these other Edges and OLBs

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Side note - in their last re-rankings On 3 dropped the Smith twins from 4 stars to 3 stars, Jacob an 89, Jerod an 88. (They remain 4 stars in the composite as they are 4 stars in both 247 and Rivals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds