Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday

Status
Not open for further replies.
And BTW I'm not saying he's a great coach NOW. He's obviously early in his career.

I'm only saying, how are we 100% convinced that (a) he's terrible at all aspects of a CFB OL coach and (b) he'll always be terrible at every job requirement of a CFB OL coach?

That just seemed like a hell of a jump to make for a guy on his first day here (that's when 99% of our fans made their final judgement). By no means am I saying he's a great coach now.
I know what you're saying, I agree with you. Just funny how something so seemingly innocuous can have an affect on a guy like me that has almost no insight on OL coaching technique.

Donnie is proving one thing right now for sure... he CAN recruit to a level where Nebraska is in the discussion. If he closes on any of these two remaining guys (Brix/Taumua) I'll be seriously impressed.

Really interesting how something as simple as @slattimer pointing out elbow orientation during a block can torpedo confidence in a coach lol
Wasn’t so much about elbow orientation. Because he stresses elbows in. It’s the knuckles up shit that rubs me the wrong way. Which by simple biomechanics. When you extend your arms with knuckles up. Which way are your elbows pointing, tendency to flare = less power IMO.

Most are either thumbs up elbows down. Or now the big push is thumbs out in a W ala the tip of the spear stuff. That’s what Bill Callahan teaches, arguably the best OL coach in the NFL.

Doesn’t matter, that one thing doesn’t make him a bad OL coach. But if they try and run a ton of run scheme. I’m fully out. Spring game they ran a shit ton of stuff. IZ, OZ, draw, counter, power, belly G, plus their pass pro. Plus their screens. That’s a lot IMO. And if they try to run that much shit during a game….that’s hard to be good at anything.

Wasn’t so much about elbow orientation. Because he stresses elbows in. It’s the knuckles up shit that rubs me the wrong way. Which by simple biomechanics. When you extend your arms with knuckles up. Which way are your elbows pointing, tendency to flare = less power IMO.

Most are either thumbs up elbows down. Or now the big push is thumbs out in a W ala the tip of the spear stuff. That’s what Bill Callahan teaches, arguably the best OL coach in the NFL.

Doesn’t matter, that one thing doesn’t make him a bad OL coach. But if they try and run a ton of run scheme. I’m fully out. Spring game they ran a shit ton of stuff. IZ, OZ, draw, counter, power, belly G, plus their pass pro. Plus their screens. That’s a lot IMO. And if they try to run that much shit during a game….that’s hard to be good at anything.
If Donnie gets the Lattimer Seal of Approval that's all I need to know

I know that it is easy to throw shade at Donnie and then no that he was only hired because of his nephew, but I refuse to believe that. He wasn't hired by the Bears because of his nephew. He was hired because one of the best OL coaches in the game (Harry Hiestand) saw something in him when he was a a GA for him at Notre Dame and wanted to work with him again. And I refuse to believe that Rhule valued 1 great player with a shitty OL over any other QB with a solid OL.

I still have a lot of faith in Raiola to be a very good OL coach. I trust @slattimer a lot and I know that he still has his concerns, but I firmly believe that, at a minimum, the jury is still out on him. I think we will see solid improvement in the OL this year and am hopeful that he can begin to establish some much needed depth on the OL.
My question to you is this, was @slattimer hired by Notre Dame, The Bears and Rhule? We’ll leave The Frost out of this one.

My question to you is this, was @slattimer hired by Notre Dame, The Bears and Rhule? We’ll leave The Frost out of this one.
I don't believe so. But that's irrelevant...seems like you are trying to prove a negative. Just because he doesn't have those accolades doesn't mean that he doesn't know what he is talking about....

They called Dean an expert

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

He's been so damn clutch. In 21 where all of our receivers plus big Darnell Washington went down with injuries he and Bowers carried the team. He was a TN Vol fan his whole life, but they didn't offer him. Their loss.
Whoa you're still posting here?

Shocked Face Wow GIF

But seriously, welcome! And thank you for your insight.

Everyday. Y'all need to start a new thread of Husker traditions and what not to get me ready for my #2 team. Already made a fine tailored suit out of husks and been using mainly Ethynol to fill up with lately.
That's a start!

Seriously, Nebraska native and former Georgia resident here (my son was born in Kennesaw). Many of the things that southerners used to describe to me as "uniquely southern" are things we do here as well. Besides boiled peanuts - y'all can have that one. Pulling over for funerals, saying "Yes, sir" and "No, sir", strong patriotism, love of family, love of sports, etc. are societal norms we both share. And ... I've got Lewis Grizzard books in the library!

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

“Now”? What are you “lmfao’ing” about? If you think I or have not defended any of them in the past you’ve got the wrong guy. Been Pro Rhule since the beginning and have had no positive or negative comments toward anyone else coaching related except for maybe a jab at frost here or there since his demise
Are you defending Notre Dame, the Bears, Rhule and Donnie now?

Lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back