Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Tom Osborne the biggest potato in Nebraska? (1 Viewer)

Is Tom Osborne the biggest potato in Nebraska?

• Total voters

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
What exactly are you taking issue with in that article?
The excuses:

"I feel really bad about Scott. He had a lot of things going for him in Central Florida and then maybe he didn't have the best talent when he got here, and then the pandemic, he probably had more bad bounces than good bounces, but he's a good coach and a good person."

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
The excuses:

"I feel really bad about Scott. He had a lot of things going for him in Central Florida and then maybe he didn't have the best talent when he got here, and then the pandemic, he probably had more bad bounces than good bounces, but he's a good coach and a good person."
Objectively, I think that’s a pretty accurate statement.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The excuses:

First two are true. Third one is an excuse. But, to Scott's fault, team hasn't gotten much better even though recruiting has been good technically.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
First two are true. Third one is an excuse. But, to Scott's fault, team hasn't gotten much better even though recruiting has been good technically.
The 2018 team was arguably the most talented he had. The pandemic is probably the weakest excuse of them all, clearly the Wuhan didn't only affect Nebraska. Hell, Nebraska did more in the offseason than most of the B1G teams and we were still bottom of the barrel. Weak as fuck.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
It doesn’t matter how shitty of a coach you are, you don’t lose 11 games in a row by less than 1 TD without some bad bounces. Even with absolute shitty coaching, some of the shit that has happened to us has been unprecedented.
The bad luck excuse is dumb. 90% of luck in Football is self-made. You do all the little things wrong and you're going to get all the bad bounces. Periodt

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The 2018 team was arguably the most talented he had. The pandemic is probably the weakest excuse of them all, clearly the Wuhan didn't only affect Nebraska. Hell, Nebraska did more in the offseason than most of the B1G teams and we were still bottom of the barrel. Weak as fuck.
Pure star power and NFL draft results says it's probably the 2021 team. But these are things that actually happened. Hell, Penn State looked like shit in 2020. They're not a shit program. 2018 is probably 2nd most talented overall. Excuses are opinions that you either agree with or don't. Things that happen are facts.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
The excuses:

If you are a Scott F apologist, this makes sense.

If you hold him accountable, then it's BS.

He had his chances...period.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Pure star power and NFL draft results says it's probably the 2021 team. But these are things that actually happened. Hell, Penn State looked like shit in 2020. They're not a shit program. 2018 is probably 2nd most talented overall. Excuses are opinions that you either agree with or don't. Things that happen are facts.
So you're saying that the Pandemic only adversely affected Frost and Nebraska? That is your fact?

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. GOAT (well maybe behind Saban) coach but didn’t do a great job after that. Actually don’t blame him for hiring Bo because most of the fan base wanted Bo. However he bungled the 1997 search which is the root of what is going on in the program today.

HAVING SAID THAT, the media needs to leave the guy alone and stop asking for comment every time something happens. The dude looks like a walking corpse nowadays and deserves to live out his final years (months?) in peace.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Really? The talent Forst inherited was really that bad.

See the Huskers drafted and that signed UDFA deals under Frost, the cupboards weren't bare.
Are you meaning to say the talent was bad or no? Unless I'm not reading right, totally possible, you're contradicting yourself.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
So you're saying that the Pandemic only adversely affected Frost and Nebraska? That is your fact?
No, I just gave you Penn State as an example. It affected everyone. All I'm saying is TO stated something that happened that had an affect on college football and Frost specifically, that's it. If he would have used another example of a big game where the team came down with a stomach bug or something and looked terrible, then I would agree with you on it being a bad excuse. I use that as an example of our Big 12 title game flu game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds