Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

(Theoretically of course) What would your reaction be if you heard Tom Osborne had been contacting coaches scaring off some he doesn't approve of? (1 Viewer)

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
While theoretically possible, it would be weird and very improbable.

TO speaks slower and lower than the Don in Godfather, and is harder to hear/comprehend than Don Vito Corleone these days. Is that why these supposed coaching candidates are intimidated? I don't know. There would have to be offers they either can't or must refuse.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
TO is not making any phone calls by himself, the dudes becoming a borderline vegetable.

Also, the last coach he hired won 9 or more games every season. I’d take that
And I'm sure you'd be happy to settle for Leipold, Mickey, Monken or Kleiman. Keep protecting the man who protected our last coach even though he was failing miserably

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I also for some reason just imagined this scenario.

Matt Rhule (eating cheesy poofs on his sofa). Ring ring

MR- “Hello?”
TO -“nfkanbeibfkanbej”
MR- “Excuse me, what?”
TO- “jabmg it’s doctor thom ozbrne”
MR- “oh hello Mr. Osborne it’s great to hear from a legend such as yourself.”
TO- “go fuck urself matthew. Lincoln is mine.”

Hangs up

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I also for some reason just imagined this scenario.

Matt Rhule (eating cheesy poofs on his sofa). Ring ring

MR- “Hello?”
TO -“nfkanbeibfkanbej”
MR- “Excuse me, what?”
TO- “jabmg it’s doctor thom ozbrne”
MR- “oh hello Mr. Osborne it’s great to hear from a legend such as yourself.”
TO- “go fuck urself matthew. Lincoln is mine.”

Hangs up
I Cant Do That Marlon Brando GIF by The Godfather

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
And I'm sure you'd be happy to settle for Leipold, Mickey, Monkey Tits or Kleiman. Keep protecting the man who protected our last coach even though he was failing miserably

Do you and @Ducksker (aka Kitty) have a history of disagreeing, or is this just a weird post? I'm not a message board historian, so I really don't know.

@MtnHusker, can you elaborate on what you think or have heard that TO was telling the potential NHCF's that would turn them off to the gig?

If I'm guessing, it was "you know there is a huge preference up here for bass, but there are far more crappie. So, do you like bass or crappie?"

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Do you and @Ducksker (aka Kitty) have a history of disagreeing, or is this just a weird post? I'm not a message board historian, so I really don't know.

@MtnHusker, can you elaborate on what you think or have heard that TO was telling the potential NHCF's that would turn them off to the gig?

If I'm guessing, it was "you know there is a huge preference up here for bass, but there are far more crappie. So, do you like bass or crappie?"
We made him put a dollar in the cookie jar every time he mentions the words “tradition coalition” and now he’s pissy 😉

Tom Osborne and the “tradition coalition” are an easy target. In reality it’s a lot of things put together

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

I've been Anti-Frost and Anti-TC for a few years. Duckster has been a bit of a Frost/TO apologist. Pretty rare for us to agree on things like keeping/firing Frost. I said "Theoretically" as to not get rosted by the Pro TC/TO crowd. I never once said it happened. I do stick by my trusted sources when I do hear stuff and lets just say I was quite depressed after the last message I got on the coaching search.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We made him put a dollar in the cookie jar every time he mentions the words “tradition coalition” and now he’s pissy 😉

Tom Osborne and the “tradition coalition” are an easy target. In reality it’s a lot of things put together
I am surprised you are even on this board. Dollar Dean and his Frost Fluff Club seem more your speed as you have a similar mindset to the potatoes that populate that board. Drink up that FakeNews that Dollar Dean and Simple spread. This board was created to share content open mindedly and I can always count on you to comment on anything negative we post about this subject. Some of it is correct and sometimes it isn't. Not all rumors and inside info end up being correct but your protecting of Frost/TC/To has been consistent.

I'm sure you are already a VIP Member of this site.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I am surprised you are even on this board. Dollar Dean and his Frost Fluff Club seem more your speed as you have a similar mindset to the potatoes that populate that board. Drink up that FakeNews that Dollar Dean and Simple spread. This board was created to share content open mindedly and I can always count on you to comment on anything negative we post about this subject. Some of it is correct and sometimes it isn't. Not all rumors and inside info end up being correct but your protecting of Frost/TC/To has been consistent.

I'm sure you are already a VIP Member of this site.
You’re the only one here who is obsessed with tradition coalition and TO. Is the brain eating amoeba that just popped up in the Elkhorn river TO and TC’s fault too?

I get it, we want to justify why this program sucks. Maybe it’s because we are in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no more steroids. Maybe it isn’t all our 3 time national champion former coaches fault. The downfall of this program was firing Solich… did TO want him fired?

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'd be pissed. I love T.O. for many reasons, but if he is meddling to that level on this hire to where it fucked us, I would be very pissed. I think he should let the 50 something yr old Alberts take the reigns completely and step away. If he wants updates, OK, here is your update, but Turd should do what he thinks best for the program and not be swayed by T.O.

IDK what level of influence T.O. has at this point, I am hoping not a lot. Maybe we will find out. Maybe not.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds