Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is the fullback dead again? (1 Viewer)

Fullback: dead or alive?

• Dead

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Alive

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I remember last year on tater island when I got the masses going by calling them fat running backs who can’t catch.

I then remember how most over there believed that HBack was a new position that Rhule had thought of by himself.
Lol. Unless you’ve got an absolute freak like Jano or the 49ers FB, or even the Ravens FB. There’s no reason not just use your Y off player as a “fat running back”

But that’s funny as shit. The Rhuleback.

doublewing

Running Back
I don't know what's worse: guy that thinks we need to use a FB like in the Tom Rathman days or guy that gets triggered when we line up with one.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope we never use a fat running back again. ZFG

Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The full back died when DR signed that dotted line. However, if he’s as good as advertised, then for the first time in life I will say that I don’t give a shit. I do however fully believe that Rhule will still successfully incorporate the power run game to make fans like myself hard as a rock multiple times on Saturdays

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just win football games.

The only Fullback I keep in my vernacular these days is…

Fullback - The hot sloot who just had it from the back and has received my goodness upon pull out and therefore now has a ‘Full back’

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'll be Run the Damn Ball Guy until I die, but for the first time in a looooooooooong time I can honestly say that I think we'll run a very efficient offense regardless of a fullback, simply because of personnel, and that feels good. Plus, we all know Rhule is a big believer in being physical so I have no doubt that'll show regardless of a full back.

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
Would rather have an H back type pass catcher. Having a reliable drop off in the flat is something this offense desperately needs as well as working in more creative stuff like screens, shovel passes, etc to a position that a defense can overlook easily. Hopefully Fidone and eventually Nelson can be this dude.

If you want an extra blocker in short yardage situations just put a lineman back there.
Use a tight end, you get size, blocking, and hands if you want to get cute.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds