Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking NEBRASKA WILL USE A FULLBACK (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
YAY FAT RUNNING BACKS

Saturday Night Live Love GIF by The Lonely Island
excited andy samberg GIF
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by The Lonely Island

Last edited:

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I remember when we signed Les Miles' son and there were a lot of FBoners only for him to not play...I think maybe he played in the spring game and that was it? Pretty sure he was the last one we signed

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Serious note.... why would any modern OC use a FB in any situation other than short yardage?
Unless you've got a Kyle Juszczyk or Janovich...I don't see the value anymore. I'd rather have a TE run that spot, or in shortyard, find some asshole OL to come in and road grade.

Sorry, not sorry RTBs guise.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Serious note.... why would any modern OC use a FB in any situation other than short yardage?
when Rhule talked about the FB at one of his press conferences he did say something about how a modern FB would just be an H-back or TE so that might be what we see

I agree there's not much value in the classic <6' 240 lb bowling ball we saw in the old days. it's a good opportunity to use a TE who is on the short side, though

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
when Rhule talked about the FB at one of his press conferences he did say something about how a modern FB would just be an H-back or TE so that might be what we see

I agree there's not much value in the classic <6' 240 lb bowling ball we saw in the old days. it's a good opportunity to use a TE who is on the short side, though
Exactly, I'd rather see a 6'4 290 lb bowling ball on the GL

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Unless you've got a Kyle Juszczyk or Janovich...I don't see the value anymore. I'd rather have a TE run that spot, or in shortyard, find some asshole OL to come in and road grade.

Sorry, not sorry RTBs guise.
Sure, maybe we go full NDSU w/ it and maybe the idea is you find value by getting a guy like Hunter Luepke who would be a D1 guy in the past . My guess is this what he means though. I mean shit, Michigan has fucking 12 TEs on the roster or some shit like that.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I still think there's something about an ugly, stocky, linebacker-esque size dude firing off every play, able to get downhill with a full head of steam & bad intentions that lends itself to success & physical domination over the course of a game. Even if it doesn't show up very well on the X's & O's.

Cavalot

Defensive Lineman
I don't mind the FB in certain situation and against certain defenses. There is still a role for this position IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds