Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hoiberg signs extension with NU (1 Viewer)

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
That and now all of a sudden a President (Interim at that) is fine to make coaching decisions as long as we agree with them. We need to get these hires done ASAP, this is becoming comical. All of the things we hated before with Perlman or Eichorst or Moos is literally happening right in front of our eyes again. I could get on a soap box for an hour about this entire circus. Just put a tent over this thing.

We're right in line, time wise, with others as we're in our 7th month of the search.

March 2019 - Bounds resigns
January 2020 - Nebraska hires Carter
10 months

January 2022 - Florida President resigns
February 2023 - Florida hires Sasse
13 months

November 2022 - OSU President resigns
August 2023 - OSU hires Carter
10 months

April 2023 - Minnesota President resigns
February 2024 - Minnesota hires new President
10 months

And the list goes on...

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
You woulda said the same about Turd a week ago 🤷‍♂️
Some differences though, Hoiberg has coached at this level, went to the pro level and failed, came back to college ball. I like coaches like this in general. Positive for Rhule too, let's these guys with big egos realize the grass isn't always greener and staying somewhere ain't so bad.

If we really think about it Turd has always been a talker and never saw anything through until the end. We all assumed since he was "one of us" he'd never leave.

If Frost would of been a success his ass would of bailed for the NFL.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
We're right in line, time wise, with others as we're in our 7th month of the search.

March 2019 - Bounds resigns
January 2020 - Nebraska hires Carter
10 months

January 2022 - Florida President resigns
February 2023 - Florida hires Sasse
13 months

November 2022 - OSU President resigns
August 2023 - OSU hires Carter
10 months

April 2023 - Minnesota President resigns
February 2024 - Minnesota hires new President
10 months

And the list goes on...
I'm not worried about timeline probably least of my concerns. Certainly not where my frustration in the post where you were responding to is coming from. That might be other peoples issues, not mine.

My massive concern is Hoiberg getting a raise while a permanent AD (his boss) and permanent President (AD's boss) isn't in place. I could really give two shits if we were on year 2 of the searches for AD and President or month 2. You can't just start extending coaches and giving raises. You give the new AD a built in excuse a year or two down the road AND you put your financial balance sheet in a predicament for someone the permanent person you are getting ready to hire didn't give their approval on.

We are completely circumventing the process and failing to learn from history here, but this time it's ok because everyone wants Hoiberg extended. That's not what is for the greater good of the overall athletic department and University.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds