Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg got that dog in him (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Getting hit on the blindside isn’t an interception, or the inability to catch a snap, or a fumble during a run.

✌️😎
This Is True Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Also Haarberg 1-0
Sims 6-21

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
he was lucky he wasn't intercepted in the second half when he misread the coverage and basically through it to a defender.
NIL may be one of the worst CATCHING teams I've ever seen at the D1 level. It felt like there we at least a half dozen drops by their receivers on offense. Whenever I see a defender drop a pass, my internal dialog always says to my brain, "that's why he's on defense" so that kid gets a pass. Last night's game is a different game if they could catch ... but they can't. Apparently.

Still, a good win and much needed mojo for the lads.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
HH is big, fast and strong and showed he can sling it at least decently tonight.

Have nothing against Sims. He seemed like a team first guy tonight, looked like he was being a great teammate and giving HH the king of pep talk confidence HH needed. I think we are better with HH (small sample size for both HH and Sims) because HH is more likely to make as many if not more yards with his feet, and not turn the ball over in a fashion that leads the P5 like Sims had done his first two games.

I think for this year and next, we will likely win more games starting HH than Sims. HH seems to be a better decison maker, a fast, big, tough runner who may not be as turnover prone. He threw the ball pretty darn well TBH. Sure, our ceiling with HH may be 8 and 4 or 9 and 3, but the basement is probably higher than what Sims would bring for the basement. We need to start winning more games, and WGAF if we are running a big, tough, fast QB old fashioned style in doing it for now. Start winning for a couple years and build off of that. I don't have a lot of confidence that Sims will be able to keep the turnovers down in any consistent fashion for us to win with him as QB1.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We are already limited on offense with our personnel. So adding a turnover prone QB like Sims to that mix makes it nearly impossible to win games.. Haarberg's play with minimizing mistakes gives the Huskers a chance to win with the defense playing so well. I think we have a punchers chance to win 6 games and be bowl eligible this season with HH under center.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
We are already limited on offense with our personnel. So adding a turnover prone QB like Sims to that mix makes it nearly impossible to win games.. Haarberg's play with minimizing mistakes gives the Huskers a chance to win with the defense playing so well. I think we have a punchers chance to win 6 games and be bowl eligible this season with HH under center.
Haarberg/simms is reminding me of Will Howard & AM last year or a dozen other times coaches get blinded by physical traits. If Haarberg makes Satterfield more conservative then I think that gives us a better path to wins

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds