Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (2 Viewers)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Golf is a dumb game.

I had 3 eagle putts today but triple bogeyed 2 par 3s with no penalty strokes.

Good enough to win a match play match though.
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

I played the par 3s in -1 today but doubled two reachable par 5s. On the first one it took me 5 to reach the green without any penalty strokes or hitting any trees

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Played at Elmwood Golf Course in Swimtown yesterday. Had a nice chip in birdie on hole 9.

But man, it's a City owned public golf course and it really felt like it. If you ball went into the rough even right off the fairway, good luck finding it.

It took us ten minutes to find our drives on 18 when they should have been right off the fairway or barely still on it. It wasn't until we were right ontop of the balls when we found them.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Played at Elmwood Golf Course in Swimtown yesterday. Had a nice chip in birdie on hole 9.

But man, it's a City owned public golf course and it really felt like it. If you ball went into the rough even right off the fairway, good luck finding it.

It took us ten minutes to find our drives on 18 when they should have been right off the fairway or barely still on it. It wasn't until we were right ontop of the balls when we found them.
That’s a weird course. Short and lots of elevation changes.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Fucking Stone Creek have fun waiting on every fucking hole. Place is also getting ridiculously expensive for being a hardly average course.
When do you play there? We rarely have to wait for too long.

redzoner

Cornerback
New Titleist T200 irons and vokey wedges arrived yesterday.

Now I can miss greens in style.

PS. Holy Shit golf clubs are getting expensive.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
When do you play there? We rarely have to wait for too long.
Every Thursday around 5pm. I will say this year hasn't been terrible, but years past it was really bad it would regularly take over 3 hours to golf 9.

Also their bunkers are the worst in Omaha, Westwood probably has better sand than Stone Creek. I'm of the opinion they think they can charge so much since they're under champions I believe.

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just a reminder for everyone that Master's ticket lottery is now open. Apply for your tickets!

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member

Weird how you always find them in the last place you look

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Shiiiit. The club house was a fuckin double wide for 20 years. They should a been able to pay the new one with cash money
Don't know why they didn't make the new one bigger. Makes events tough.

Can't really say how the sand was. Scramble so never hit out of it. It was also raining off and on.
What amazes me is how small the trees are after 20+ years. Fairways and greens were in decent shape though. Didn't remember it being that short.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
Don't know why they didn't make the new one bigger. Makes events tough.

Can't really say how the sand was. Scramble so never hit out of it. It was also raining off and on.
What amazes me is how small the trees are after 20+ years. Fairways and greens were in decent shape though. Didn't remember it being that short.
I say that to myself all the time the trees are tiny still. It quite honestly might be the easy course in the Omaha metro excluding par 3s.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds