Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (4 Viewers)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Playing TPC Vegas for the first time next week. Tee time is in the morning so I should be relatively sober, depending on the night before of course. Any course advice is appreciated.

Played it in March and it was fucking difficult. But I was also pretty drunk and I suck at golf.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't Happy Hollow like $25k for the initiation fee? Not gonna spend that just to say I belong to the same club as Warren Buffett.
I don't blame you. All of those places the initiation fee is dependent on what their current membership is. There was a period where Champions wasn't charging anything but not sure what it is right now. Happy doesn't get discounted very often.

redzoner

Cornerback
Anyone a member at Wilderness now that is has gone private?

Thinking about joining at some point but I'm curious what the atmosphere is like and what the ages are of people joining.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Anyone a member at Wilderness now that is has gone private?

Thinking about joining at some point but I'm curious what the atmosphere is like and what the ages are of people joining.

I'm not but I know it's going to be a pretty damn cool facility when it's all said and done. I'm wary of the crown though honestly. Going to be a lot of douches. And the course isn't *that* nice.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Personally like the Champions crowd the best. Field club is old old money and I don't even know how to explain Happy. Any of the clubs you're going to have plenty of over the top smug mofos but seems like Champions is a little less. Plus I think it's cheaper than Happy.

Personally could never do the country club scene. Mostly because I hate people. Especially people that love themselves a lot.

As far as the golf goes I don't think you can go wrong at any of them.
Big Tone is at Champions, FWIW. Played it with him last week. Golf course was fantastic. Fall is prime golf course agronomy weather.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
We'll be buying a house around the end of the year most likely. Our prefence is to stay in Midtown, but it's possible we'll end up out West.

I'd like to keep the initiation fee to $10k or less.
Not a lot of great options close to midtown outside of Field Club, but I would never join FC just because of the course.

Champions and Players Club are your two best bets IMO. You might have to go on the waiting list for either of them.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why do you say especially if you're under 45? I'm 35, but just curious.
FC has a lot of younger members now. I played in the Member-Guest this year and the majority of the field was under 40. As I mentioned, the course isn't for everyone, but I really enjoy it. The greens are as good as OCC and the pro is one the best as well.

I believe Champions has a waitlist. Players Club is overcrowded as well and I know a lot of guys that have left.

Another good option would be Oak Hills. Great course and club.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds