Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (6 Viewers)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bumpty bump. No one cares but I just played nine holes and shot the best nine of my life, a 40 (for reference I’m about a 23 HCP). Hit 7 greens, Made birdie on 9. Missed two other three footers for birdie.

Also the Ryder cup is next week and Brooks is being a little bitch. Love it or leave it, Brooksy. USA #1.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bumpty bump. No one cares but I just played nine holes and shot the best nine of my life, a 40 (for reference I’m about a 23 HCP). Hit 7 greens, Made birdie on 9. Missed two other three footers for birdie.

Also the Ryder cup is next week and Brooks is being a little bitch. Love it or leave it, Brooksy. USA #1.
Stripe show. Good playin

Toe

Wide Receiver
Did someone say Golf thread?

2021-volkswagen-golf-gti-mmp-1-1590522492.jpg

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG

USA is gonna get killed because of bitches like Koopka and Bryson

You’re right nobody cares
anyhoo, I also suck at golf

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone here have country club recommendations for the Omaha area? I just started playing this summer but have gotten to the point where I'm not completely helpless (~18-20 handicap) and have been thinking about joining a club for the family in the next year or two.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Anyone here have country club recommendations for the Omaha area? I just started playing this summer but have gotten to the point where I'm not completely helpless (~18-20 handicap) and have been thinking about joining a club for the family in the next year or two.
What’s your price range and where do you live?

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
What’s your price range and where do you live?
We'll be buying a house around the end of the year most likely. Our prefence is to stay in Midtown, but it's possible we'll end up out West.

I'd like to keep the initiation fee to $10k or less.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you are staying in midtown, Field Club is excellent...especially if you are under 45 or so. The course is always in amazing shape, but it is not everyone's cup of tea though. The course is under some renovations now but should be ready in the spring.

It is the most reasonable $$$ wise of all the country clubs.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you are staying in midtown, Field Club is excellent...especially if you are under 45 or so. The course is always in amazing shape, but it is not everyone's cup of tea though. The course is under some renovations now but should be ready in the spring.

It is the most reasonable $$$ wise of all the country clubs.
Why do you say especially if you're under 45? I'm 35, but just curious.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why do you say especially if you're under 45? I'm 35, but just curious.
Personally like the Champions crowd the best. Field club is old old money and I don't even know how to explain Happy. Any of the clubs you're going to have plenty of over the top smug mofos but seems like Champions is a little less. Plus I think it's cheaper than Happy.

Personally could never do the country club scene. Mostly because I hate people. Especially people that love themselves a lot.

As far as the golf goes I don't think you can go wrong at any of them.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Personally like the Champions crowd the best. Field club is old old money and I don't even know how to explain Happy. Any of the clubs you're going to have plenty of over the top smug mofos but seems like Champions is a little less. Plus I think it's cheaper than Happy.

Personally could never do the country club scene. Mostly because I hate people. Especially people that love themselves a lot.

As far as the golf goes I don't think you can go wrong at any of them.
Isn't Happy Hollow like $25k for the initiation fee? Not gonna spend that just to say I belong to the same club as Warren Buffett.

Distiller

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Playing TPC Vegas for the first time next week. Tee time is in the morning so I should be relatively sober, depending on the night before of course. Any course advice is appreciated.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds