Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

been struggling all year with chipping, any suggestions? in the last couple weeks ive just been BnR everything unless im hitting off a perfect lie. whats happening is 2/3 of the time i either chunk or blade it.

been struggling all year with chipping, any suggestions? in the last couple weeks ive just been BnR everything unless im hitting off a perfect lie. whats happening is 2/3 of the time i either chunk or blade it.
Weight forward (left foot), hands pressed forward towards target, clubface slightly open to use some bounce.

should say that we have a ton of hardpan on our little desert muni here in bfe
On hardpan you want as little bounce as possible

I get a lot of those lies here in AZ and you have back in the stance a little too reduce the bounce. You should see the leading edge flush against the ground vs off the ground when the face is opened up

9 up after 27!! I've been refreshing the score like a fucking crackhead.

As soon as I posted this, he won!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

He's been so close, so many times. Like 2nd in every tournament of significance and couldn't catch a break. So proud and happy for him.
I’ve drank a few beers with Calvin dating back to his SCC days. Great guy and very humble

Had my good annual golf tournament canceled this morning and rescheduled for end of August.

Fuck rain.

Played Kirkman’s for the first time this season and they are expanding the clubhouse. It really needed to so they could have a better tournament experience and have room for food storage.

Also, the course is in solid shape. The rain this week is going to make for some awesome late season play!

Attachments

• IMG_4698.jpeg
    IMG_4698.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4702.jpeg
    IMG_4702.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4696.jpeg
    IMG_4696.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
Went out on Thursday and was +22 through 11 holes. Absolutely nothing was working other than my putter. Then something clicked and I was +2 through the final 7 holes.

Hoping for a bit more consistency today, but having two young kids at home and not getting to play nearly as much so far this year has made it pretty tough. Index is steadily climbing (up to 14.7 now).

Shot 90 at Harbour Town in Hilton Head Island today. Was at 84 on the 18th tee and striped a drive down the middle of the fairway only to bail right & flub a chip before finally chipping onto the green and two putting for my 6. Disgusting.

Playing again tomorrow- hoping to be closer to 80-85. We’ll see what happens- no three putts today which was great but its an extremely tight course. If you miss a fairway you’re toast.

On the green:

IMG_4761.jpeg

From the tee box:

IMG_4744.jpeg

From the green:
IMG_4763.jpeg

Last edited:
On hardpan you want as little bounce as possible

I get a lot of those lies here in AZ and you have back in the stance a little too reduce the bounce. You should see the leading edge flush against the ground vs off the ground when the face is opened up
Yep, you’ll blade a lot of chips with too much bounce off hard pan. The one that gives me the most grief here in TX is dormant Bermuda lies when it’s kinda soft underneath. Nightmare. You have to use the bounce on those.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back