Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

Went to the range and hit a medium bucket. I used a little sturdier grip on my bottom and and I messed with playing the ball in front of my stance at different parts. Seemed what helped the most which felt the weirdest was putting the ball almost to the out side of my heel.

If it’s an open club face that’s causing it, grip is the biggest thing. Bring your top hand more on top of the shaft. Yes I used the word shaft on purpose haha.

On Monday during golf league I got a 7 on a 147 yard par 3, then birdied the next hole. I fucking hate golf.
I once drove the green on a short par 4 in front of my buddy, strutted up for my eagle putt and five putted for double bogey

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

My driver has went to complete shit the last few days. Same type of deal. Tinkered with a couple things in the swing…shit goes haywire. Do this every year….
My driver has been the one thing that I've been able to consistently count on this year, which is weird. Not that it's elite or anything, but I've been pretty much in the fairway or fairway-adjacent during most rounds this year. The problem for me has come when I get within 100 yards of the green.

I once drove the green on a short par 4 in front of my buddy, strutted up for my eagle putt and five putted for double bogey

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
I literally did this last Friday. I got paired with some rando. I tried to warn him before we started that I was not very good. Immediately after that, I piped one about 280 and onto the front of the green. I proceeded to 4-putt and now I feel shameful or even thinking about an eagle...

My driver has went to complete shit the last few days. Same type of deal. Tinkered with a couple things in the swing…shit goes haywire. Do this every year….
My drive is fine, my iron game though… im chunking irons again, I haven’t done that in years. It’s to the point I’m gonna need a some lessons so fix my swing back

My driver has been the one thing that I've been able to consistently count on this year, which is weird. Not that it's elite or anything, but I've been pretty much in the fairway or fairway-adjacent during most rounds this year. The problem for me has come when I get within 100 yards of the green.
Only club I can hit, consistently 280 carry 300ish total distance. Putters been red hot but irons and wedges it’s BAD right now

Only club I can hit, consistently 280 carry 300ish total distance. Putters been red hot but irons and wedges it’s BAD right now
I’ve never been able to hit a wedge. I’ve got some sort of mental block. Even going from a 9i to a PW does something to my brain and I can’t hit it.

I’m down bad, tried switching multiple things in my swing and it’s like I forgot how to golf

Revamped my swing a few weeks ago to add 15-20 yds distance and it just grenaded my game...but stayed committed to it and it's finally starting to pay off. Thank God my putter has stayed solid all season.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back