Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

Honestly I've never played it but everybody I've talked to who has played it had good things to say about it.
never been a fan in good years but it got absolutely hammered by winter kill, it's in terrible condition, almost unplayable. I much prefer to head down the road an hour to Wild Horse, tbh.

other than baseball, which most people hate, I love golf. Livin in AZ, there are so many courses. I’ve only golfed troon courses out here so far to date. Slapped my salami seeing a few classy beer cart ladies in there 80’s 🫣

hey dudes trying to line up a golf trip in Western N this fall, would appreciate a course condition report from anyone who has played these courses. we were going to do Dismal but I've heard their greens are toast from winter kill. Please advise!

1. Bayside

2. Wild Horse

3. Prairie Club
I just got back from Sand Hills recently. I’d try to play there lol

Praire Club and Wildhorse are incredible. Bayside has pretty scenery but the course is pretty meh in my opinion.

I'd rather play Heritage Hills in McCook than Bayside.

Interesting listen on the Get A Grip Podcast with Shane Bacon.

Cliffs: interview with David McLay-Kidd who was the architect for Bandon Dunes. He is now in charge of designing Graybull near Maxwell, NE. He says that he believes Nebraska is the best place he has seen in the US for creating golf courses (and more specifically the Sandhills). Thinks there could come a day when there are 15-25 destination golf courses in the Sandhills that would have people making the trek from all over the country, similar to what they do for Bandon, just because of how perfect the landscape is for creating golf courses.

Im playing Whistling Straits (Straits and Irish) on Friday. Any one ever play there?

Personally expecting to get bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states by the straits course

Im playing Whistling Straits (Straits and Irish) on Friday. Any one ever play there?

Personally expecting to get bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states by the straits course
My neighbor just played there a couple weeks ago. He said it was... difficult to say the least.

Interesting listen on the Get A Grip Podcast with Shane Bacon.

Cliffs: interview with David McLay-Kidd who was the architect for Bandon Dunes. He is now in charge of designing Graybull near Maxwell, NE. He says that he believes Nebraska is the best place he has seen in the US for creating golf courses (and more specifically the Sandhills). Thinks there could come a day when there are 15-25 destination golf courses in the Sandhills that would have people making the trek from all over the country, similar to what they do for Bandon, just because of how perfect the landscape is for creating golf courses.

This one's on my list. GrayBull is gonna be sick just like all the other Dormie courses

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back