Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

The Titleist one I got is 3 times the size of yours… time we break them out of our respective garages, IMHO.
Yours must've been one of those Titleist display bags that was never intended to be used in play. You can barely get it on a golf cart if another bag is beside it.

Been rocking this the last 2-3 years. Wanted something less MSM, happy with it so far. Good combo walk/ride/pushcart bag:

View attachment 8494
Yeah I wanted to get one without a big logo on it, so I got the TaylorMade with the smallest logo I could find. Honestly I never even think about my bag when I’m playing. Too busy overthinking my swing between shots.

Playing Colbert Hills and Firekeeper in Kansas this weekend. Gonna hit up Aggieville after Colbert on Friday.. hopefully run into Adrian and we do coke together and talk Husker football

Taylormade Sim Max vs Callaway Mavrik Subzero vs Ping G410 LST.

Rank'em
How often do you find the middle of the clubface with the driver is probably going to determine this. The Subzero and LST are going to be more low-spin heads so if you center it up most of the time you want to look at one of these two. If you don't these clubheads are going to punish your misses badly. The Sim Max is going to be the most forgiving of these three options. So if you tend to find a lot of the clubface it is going to help keep your drives in the fairway and not punish your misses as badly on distance or line.

If you're looking at Ping, there are a lot of people that swear by the Ping G400 Max or LST versions over the 410 or the 425.

Shaft is also going to make a difference, but how much tends to depend on how good your swing already is.

How often do you find the middle of the clubface with the driver is probably going to determine this. The Subzero and LST are going to be more low-spin heads so if you center it up most of the time you want to look at one of these two. If you don't these clubheads are going to punish your misses badly. The Sim Max is going to be the most forgiving of these three options. So if you tend to find a lot of the clubface it is going to help keep your drives in the fairway and not punish your misses as badly on distance or line.

If you're looking at Ping, there are a lot of people that swear by the Ping G400 Max or LST versions over the 410 or the 425.

Shaft is also going to make a difference, but how much tends to depend on how good your swing already is.
Pretty consistent with the driver. I've always been able to hit the ball pretty far. Played a Krank Driver the last several years, but it shit out on me this year and was playing a 915 D3 for a few months.

Actually bought an Epic Max LS last night on eBay. Will try it out and probably swap out the shaft. But for $240 bucks I figured what the hell. Club looked to be in great shape.

Pretty consistent with the driver. I've always been able to hit the ball pretty far. Played a Krank Driver the last several years, but it shit out on me this year and was playing a 915 D3 for a few months.

Actually bought an Epic Max LS last night on eBay. Will try it out and probably swap out the shaft. But for $240 bucks I figured what the hell. Club looked to be in great shape.
Nice. Thats a great price for last year's driver.

Yeah, that's what I thought, couldn't believe I won the auction at that price. It's got a MMT 60g x-stiff shaft. Specs seem to match up somewhat close to what I need. Almost bought an Epic Flash SubZero that had a Streeter shaft that had a better torque #. Thought about buying it anyway and swapping shafts out and flip the Flash driver.

I'm going to end up getting fucked on this deal. Dude still hasn't sent any shipping confirmation....expected delivery by tomorrow. Probably not going to ship, I'll issue a non-delivery, I'll get a refund, and the turd will sell it again. Set a reserve price next time ya butt fuck.

I'm going to end up getting fucked on this deal. Dude still hasn't sent any shipping confirmation....expected delivery by tomorrow. Probably not going to ship, I'll issue a non-delivery, I'll get a refund, and the turd will sell it again. Set a reserve price next time ya butt fuck.
Ebay is the fucking worst. Do most of my second-hand club shopping on GOLFWRX or online wholesalers.

Nothing is worse than Facebook marketplace and nothing anyone ever says or does will convince me otherwise.

I've actually had pretty good luck on FB marketplace and other fb groups. Just picked up a few barely used CBXs on the cheap to try out. Found a few mint yellow Scotty covers with divot tools for $40 each a few months ago.

I've actually had pretty good luck on FB marketplace and other fb groups. Just picked up a few barely used CBXs on the cheap to try out. Found a few mint yellow Scotty covers with divot tools for $40 each a few months ago.
i'm mainly talking about the high % of scammers. sellers trying to scam buyers, and most incredible, buyers trying to scam sellers. i tried to sell a washing machine and some guy tried sending me a fake Zelle money transfer a couple weeks ago. then he tried to flip it on me saying i was trying to scam 4 x's the amount from him completely out of the blue. kinda scary.

i'm mainly talking about the high % of scammers. sellers trying to scam buyers, and most incredible, buyers trying to scam sellers. i tried to sell a washing machine and some guy tried sending me a fake Zelle money transfer a couple weeks ago. then he tried to flip it on me saying i was trying to scam 4 x's the amount from him completely out of the blue. kinda scary.
If anyone deserves to get fucked by a scammer, it’s you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ebay is the fucking worst. Do most of my second-hand club shopping on GOLFWRX or online wholesalers.
And basically what I said happened. Still no response over a week later. Still pissed, but whatever. Found a similar driver head. Now looking at shafts. Low spin, low torque, high kick.

Anyone with any suggestions? Not looking to drop a ton of coin. Looking at
- Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 70 g
- Project X hzrdus smoke yellow 70 g
- Project X evenflow black 75g

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back