Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Glory Hole Dude is back

He basically just posted how great Barney Cotton was in different ways in each post. He would get called out by anybody with a brain, but the RRS staff thought he was an insider for how great he talked up 'ol Barn so they banned the dissenters. He also was a recruiting expert because he would say we were getting any croot who said the staff talked to them a lot. Wild West back then.
Ol' Jamie sure had a way of sinking his hooks into newbies, which was good for business from Dean and Mike's perspective. If you didn't know the lay of the land on RSS, there'd really be no reason to doubt him. Of course, as you said, anyone with a brain would start to see through the bullshit after a few months. The email list and tag-teams with botox boy (LH) were pretty damn entertaining in retrospect.

The close relationship with Barnstache was very real, and honestly, I feel bad for Barney and his boys, as there's a contingent of fans who had to deal with SIA on RSS and passed the resentment along to the Cottons.

Using deductive reasoning, I would be shocked if he wasn’t an NCIU platinum member.
tenor.gif

Ol' Jamie sure had a way of sinking his hooks into newbies, which was good for business from Dean and Mike's perspective. If you didn't know the lay of the land on RSS, there'd really be no reason to doubt him. Of course, as you said, anyone with a brain would start to see through the bullshit after a few months. The email list and tag-teams with botox boy (LH) were pretty damn entertaining in retrospect.

The close relationship with Barnstache was very real, and honestly, I feel bad for Barney and his boys, as there's a contingent of fans who had to deal with SIA on RSS and passed the resentment along to the Cottons.

You know exactly who SIA is/was? How the hell did that come to be?

I basically quit posting on RSS after my first two years during the Callahan regime, and didn't start again until COVID started.

I quit back then because SIA pissed me off a lot, and I got shouted down by his defenders for questioning things. He really was worshipped by a bunch of scrollers from at least 2003 until the Cotton's all left.

You know exactly who SIA is/was? How the hell did that come to be?

I basically quit posting on RSS after my first two years during the Callahan regime, and didn't start again until COVID started.

I quit back then because SIA pissed me off a lot, and I got shouted down by his defenders for questioning things. He really was worshipped by a bunch of scrollers from at least 2003 until the Cotton's all left.
The dildo pic didn't come from nowhere... @slattimer

That would be the email list you're referencing with the cronies who would shout down any dissension directed at SIA. A remnant of the listserv days that gave SIA his god complex.

Nothing like a young kids reaction on Christmas. Mine is 4. We just had my two 3 and 4 year old nephews over on the weekend. After that, I’m certain my wife is scheduling my vasectomy
With my oldest being 4, 3 and 10 months we are peak Christmas time for them... Also, the formula you had for the gifts for the Mrs...... fucking money

Oh you’re saying to make everyone type BONER before they are allowed to register

I thought about it a little more, and maybe the coupon code should be something other than BONER.

It's a fine idea for those that have already been here, but I'm thinking about when inviting someone else.

Me: Would you like to join a fun husker fan message board where the people are cool, and only a few of them hate eachother?
Them: hell yeah.
Me: sign up for a new account at platinum-board.com.
Them: It's asking for a coupon code.
Me: Oh, I forgot to tell you. The coupon code is "BONER" as a way to keep people from India out.

I thought about it a little more, and maybe the coupon code should be something other than BONER.

It's a fine idea for those that have already been here, but I'm thinking about when inviting someone else.

Me: Would you like to join a fun husker fan message board where the people are cool, and only a few of them hate eachother?
Me: Oh, I forgot to tell you. The coupon code is "BONER" as a way to keep people from India out.
I see your concern.
“The coupon code is ERECTION to keep people from India out”

The dildo pic didn't come from nowhere... @slattimer

That would be the email list you're referencing with the cronies who would shout down any dissension directed at SIA. A remnant of the listserv days that gave SIA his god complex.
IMG_3802.PNG

I probably ought to delete that damned pic from my computer before my wife starts asking questions: "Honey, can you come in here for a second? Yes, well ... you have a photo of a man in a bathtub completely surrounded by dildos. Is this appropriate?"

Lets just get rid of the homophobes from the start and go with I.Like.Dick
Me: Oh, I forgot to tell you. The coupon code is "I.Like.Dick" as a way to keep people from India out.

Jim might be one of the Ravi Shankar's that the Indians were warning us about.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back