Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Getting the uncomfortable feeling Frost is coming back (2 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean is toeing the line over at RSS for him to come back, which we all expect because he is a Gutless Wonder kissing Ass and covering his Ass. Now Brian Christopher with the same message. Didn't expect that from him as I had respect for him. Guessing the word has come down from the North Stadium so they are falling in line. Don't want to rock the boat.

Really hope I am wrong but can't help but feel that Turd either ain't got the Stones or TO & Boosters have told him "Frost Stays:". I guess it would be another Moral Victory for the Frost Davidians.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
There’s no way they can make the decision to keep Frost right now. They’d have to see these next 2 games. But they could absolutely make the decision to fire him right now base on knowing they will not go to a bowl game for tge 4th year in a row under Scott Frost.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Didnt Sipple go back to pro-Frost this week? I believe he’s coming back cuz ppl are afraid he’ll leave & turn into a solid P5 coach elsewhere. I still believe AM leaves to see if another program & help him not be a dumbass then Frost is left with 2 project QBs & a shitty transfer then winning 6 games is probably the ceiling.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
I know this won't be popular opinion but Frost can turn this around here with some staff changes on offense and probably a change of philosophy of running down hill more. I don't think he deserves it but obviously his offense is not suited for the big 10. Jmo

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I know this won't be popular opinion but Frost can turn this around here with some staff changes on offense and probably a change of philosophy of running down hill more. I don't think he deserves it but obviously his offense is not suited for the big 10. Jmo
Sure he could. The odds are drastically against it though. This is what the expression being between a rock and and a hard place was coined for. I can definitrly feel for Turd. He will get the blame no matter what he does. There are no apparent "good" choices in front of him. It's just so sad that the decision making process has less to do with what makes sense from a football stand point and more to do with appeasing boosters and other influential egos. What really kills me is that the fans get accused of "living in the 90's" when its those people who can't let the glory days go. If Frost is retained it will only be based on his name and history as a player in the 90's. I agree that we all need to stop living there. In ten more years it might happen.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think bringing Frost back could be a little more justifiable if the recruiting class was better. How many transfers do they think they are going to get? And is that a sustainable way to maintain a program?
Who cares? What matters is that Frost is still the coach. No other consideration is relevant.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I’m fairly nervous about what the defense will look like next year. There could be a significant number or starters gone and a ton of experience. If that happens, the offense will need to significantly improve at putting points on the board. Stille, Daniels, Domann, Tannor, CTB, both safeties… maybe Thomas too. That would likely cause at minimum a small step back.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Dean is toeing the line over at RSS for him to come back, which we all expect because he is a Gutless Wonder kissing Ass and covering his Ass. Now Brian Christopher with the same message. Didn't expect that from him as I had respect for him. Guessing the word has come down from the North Stadium so they are falling in line. Don't want to rock the boat.

Really hope I am wrong but can't help but feel that Turd either ain't got the Stones or TO & Boosters have told him "Frost Stays:". I guess it would be another Moral Victory for the Frost Davidians.
Agree. The decision has been made

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Drink more

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Show me one statistic that shows that Frost's Coaching is suited for the B1G? Not one Metric supports keeping him. Year 4 we still have some of the worst Special Teams in the country. He is too stubborn to admit he is wrong or make changes when things aren't working.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

Why isn’t the offense he’s running now suited for the Big 10?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
There’s no way they can make the decision to keep Frost right now. They’d have to see these next 2 games. But they could absolutely make the decision to fire him right now base on knowing they will not go to a bowl game for tge 4th year in a row under Scott Frost.
I agree with this. Our shitty boom or bust offense will be lucky to get 200 yards against Wisconsin. The team has nothing to play for. Gonna be ugly.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think bringing Frost back could be a little more justifiable if the recruiting class was better. How many transfers do they think they are going to get? And is that a sustainable way to maintain a program?
I'm not going to pretend I can get inside Frost's head, but I'd think the rationale for transfers would be that they think they can hot shot the program from 3-9 to like 9-3 and totally change the narrative which would give them a boost for recruiting better HS players who are no longer interested in Nebraska after 4 straight losing seasons

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds